DMT because I can't OBE, or somehing like that

Previous topic - Next topic

Logic

Personally, I would take every chance I get. Its hard to find, harder to make and I dont believe that it is wrong in any way.
We are not truly lost, until we lose ourselves.

yellowsubmarine

I agree. It is here and it is now. There is nothing else to do but unlock the lock. And by the way, it really isn't that difficult to extract at all. PM if you're interested.

Logic

I've read the erowid guides, thanks anyways [:D]

I just dont have 32 days to wait around hiding things in my house. So I'll just use some salvia extract instead.
We are not truly lost, until we lose ourselves.

yellowsubmarine

What you talking about Willis? It took me 2 days. Those methods are old, stale and outdated. There's no need to wait that long. Check this here website out, actually these two sites...

http://dmt.lycaeum.org/dmt/p2/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=183&highlight=vinegar

http://elfspice.tripod.com/acacia/acacia_extraction.html

If you're still interested PM me and I can give you some other info.

Mystic Cloud

Even if I could project I would still try out n,n-dmt [:)]

Anyway you should very much be prepared to either get a blissful experience OR a very frightening traumatifying one. But if you
are ready for both I suppose you have a green light.

But but. I'm still not sure OBE and taking n,n-dmt is anywhere the
same. Maybe you can try asking during your trip to learn OBEing
better...
If we compare us to infinitely small,
that will make us infinitely big,
but if we compare
ourselves to infinitely
big, it will make us infinitely small.
What is our size again?

manuel

My only advice is, you are playing with fire, but if you want, go ahead, your choice.

OverDriven

Go for it if you want. You won't have an OBE...just a  hallucination that kinda resembles a real OBE. Theres no pill to get you out of body the "easy" way.

Deva

Although I'm not familiar with DMT, I personally don't think taking substances internally help with controlling the experience whatever that might be.  And if you can't achieve control, I don't think it's worthwhile.

I have experimented with external stimuli & although the same could be said of some possible loss of control with it, at least it can easily be removed.

With an internal substance, who knows how long the effects will linger in your system.  It's a chance you're taking.

yellowsubmarine

Manuel - "You are playing with fire." Have you taken DMT? Do you know someone who has taken DMT? OR are you just throwing out this quote because its the easy thing to say because everyone else seems to agree upon the fact that, 'drugs are bad and they take you to the lower realms.' Just wondering.. . If nature did not want to open up these doors then nature would not have produced the same substance that our very own little minds produce when we have our OBEs our Dreams and our Births and our Deaths. Believe me, if this was some manufactured, pharmacutical (sp?) 'wonder drug' I wouldn't touch it at all. But, because I can find this chemical, this DMT, in EVERYTHING, that makes me a little curious. We're not all gifted OBEers. I think these 'things' can show us the door.

Just my opinion. I have never tried it but I will report back when I do in the future.

featus

Why does it not surprise me that people on an OOBE forum would be so knowledgeable on the subject of something so uncommon as dimethyltryptamine? :)

Just my two cents: from the first time that I read an Erowid article about DMT, my whole soul seemed to shudder. I have absolutely NO idea where or how to even begin getting my hands on this, seemingly most fascinating of all chemicals man was graced with. And the fact that my country is a deadend butt of a scoiety doesn't help either. Trying to tell people about DMT usually warrants nothing short of a blank stare..I might as well be talking to a wall.

But anyway, if anyone has any info on how to obtain DMT over the internet please email me at m15hav@hotmail.com
The most I can do in return is extend my wholehearted gratitude to you.

featus

Disclaimer:

In light of my above comment I should probably mention that I'm not from the USA, and USA being displayed just below my avatar is solely attributed to my laziness at the time of forum registration.

terrance

Greetings Yellowsub'

My opinion is that people should really consider the potential dangers with taking 'mind altering' substances to induce OB states.  Going out of body relies heavily on our intuitive connection with the world and taking such substances could potentially strip away your natural defences and your natural ability to go OOB in the short term.  In the long term I couldn't guess.

Having said that I'm not anti-drug in any sense.  I'm just of the opinion that drugs can be harmful to the experiences we should benifit from in regards to OOB experiences.

And as for latent talent - I think most people have an extrordinary talent for a whole host of 'mystical' skills including going OOB.  But we're all just at different phases of achievment.  DMT, whilst mega in some senses, is less important than moving myself onto the next phase.

Hope that help Yellowsub'
Regards
T

yellowsubmarine

It does help. Thank you Terrence for your kind advice.

As for getting your hands on the most powerful substance on the planet, Featus, I suggest you checkout my response to logic a few posts up. 5th post I believe in this thread. You will find a few links. . . . : )

The AlphaOmega

What is DMT used for?  I've never heard of it before.  Drugs can definately alter states of conciousness, but I don't think you'll get the same effect as if you were sober, although it may be easier.  The easiest way isn't always the best.  You may have an OBE with this thing, but if you're messed up in the brain during it then how can you be sure of anything that happened during the OBE?  It's hard enough to get the correct perception of the event when you are sober.  It's in your hands though.
"Discover your own path to enlightenment with diligence".
              - Buddha

kiauma

Non semper ea sunt quae videntur.

featus

AlphaOmega:

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dmt/dmt.shtml

Thanks Yellowsubmarine. It looks like I won't have much progress in actually making the stuff until I (a) am not living with my parents anymore and (b) have decided whether or not I want to pursue a third level degree in either chemistry or pharmacy, which will conveniontly give me access to more than enough chemicals and equipment. Like I said, my country leaves a lot to be desired in terms of accessibility to what in America one might normally find in any hardware store. I am still trying to get my hands on petroleum ether for LSA, and the only place I can even get that seems to be chemical suppliers.
Until then, DMT will remain a legend for me..

yellowsubmarine

I've tried to have an OBE, I've tried Lucid Dreaming, all with limited success. I am very much interested in these altered states of conciousness, naturally induced or chemically induced. I have the opportunity to take DMT into my system. I have never done it before. I am struggling with the notion of doing this. Half of me says its the easy way out, the other half says I wonder what lies ahead? I find it unusual and exciting that the same substance contained in all of nature is released by our brains during natural states of birth, NDE, death, meditation, dreams and OBEs. Then again, we live in a world today that is highly accessible. In the past, shamans and anyone else seeking chemical forms of altered conciousness would either have to go through ritualistic excercises before attaining chemical enlightenment or search by foot and boat to the source of it. Now we have people on the internet that supply us with just a click away. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing but regardless of the fact, I have the opportunity. I'm just trying to find my own way I guess. This board and all of your comments add to my own model of how this whole crazy world exists. Should man play with nature ? I would say yes .