Do you protect yourself and your room whilst you project?

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBlade123

Do you protect yourself and your room whilst you project? Is there any reason to be concerned about it?

astralm

That depends.  Fears tend to manifest themselves so if you are afraid of something happening to you, or even concerned it is a possibility then yes protection can put your mind at ease and therefore be beneficial.  Remember though that it isn't the protection itself that is doing anything, it is the change in your intent and fears (removal of a fear through feeling protected from it in this case) that makes a difference.  If you do not have the fear you do not need the protection.  Do not try to trick yourself into thinking you don't have a fear though when you do, that never works out very well, in the end you need to accept the fear and face it.

Personally I do not 'protect' myself per say but I do include in my affirmations that I want to interact with positive beings and go positive places that will help me advance my consciousness.  I feel this helps set my intent and I guess that could be viewed as placing a form of protection on myself, with the side note it is protection merely from my own intent getting in the way.

Subtle Traveler

Every time, and mostly with 'white light'. I also have an affirmation that I daily mediate upon, which is based upon Robert Monroe's suggested Gateway Voyage affirmation (which has protective intentions built in it). It is here:

https://www.monroeinstitute.org/node/804

Am I scared of some devil or evil or demon? NO! Absolutely not!

Do I experience fear in the astral? Yes, eventually each time and that is what brings me back to my body most of the time (Oops, did I just say "body"? .. oh, crap .. THUNK! .. back in my body)  :-D
As above ... So Below ...

Individuality is a human perspective ...

Lucidityman

Hi

No, I just leave..LOL  my belief is that if their is something nasty out their it will go into my room , any protection I would create would be weak. So my protection is treat anyone you see out their like you want to be treated yourself. No one is going to enter your body once you leave.. and protecting your bed room.. ahhh.. don't worry about it.

FuzzyQuills

Well, I used to apply protection, but not anymore, I find it isn't necessary for my purposes, and actually limits how fast my body goes into vibe mode. I can also say first-hand that there is absolutely NOTHING at the end of your bed when going into SP. (I managed SP the other night, and when i opened my eyes momentarily, there was just my room and... nothing else! :))

QuoteDo I experience fear in the astral? Yes, eventually each time and that is what brings me back to my body most of the time (Oops, did I just say "body"? .. oh, crap .. THUNK! .. back in my body)  grin
Could be my problem with teleportation glitches... :D
This world's Captain Falcon; A title I will pass down to a chosen one when I leave this dimension.

Bluefirephoenix

No I dont.  Using protection generates shadows to reinforce the belief tgst protection is needed. Its self defeating and can lead to unpleasant experiences

Rakkso

Well I used to get loats of protection, chains, pyramids, even holocube as a nightlamp for fear of darkness out of my window (I was a kid almost 5 up to when i was 10), now I'm always respectful since the astral realms are full of entities just like us, I dont want to Tik someone by accident and end up being pursued or thrown out or worst!

floriferous

Am I gonna be the first one to make the obvious joke that you should always use protection in the bedroom? :)

But on the the actual topic - do any of you protect yourselves when you go to sleep at night. Probably not. And as it effectively constitutes the same thing then why would you when you project? I think maybe your beliefs are affecting you there

Rakkso

Quote from: floriferous on June 09, 2015, 08:10:53
Am I gonna be the first one to make the obvious joke that you should always use protection in the bedroom? :)

But on the the actual topic - do any of you protect yourselves when you go to sleep at night. Probably not. And as it effectively constitutes the same thing then why would you when you project? I think maybe your beliefs are affecting you there

I always do :wink:

Also, I compenetrate with your thoughts above too.

Xanth

Quote from: TheBlade123 on June 05, 2015, 22:07:43
Do you protect yourself and your room whilst you project? Is there any reason to be concerned about it?
I will just echo the points made by Bluefirephoenix and floriferous. 

You only need to protect yourself if you believe you need it.

FuzzyQuills

Quote from: Xanth on June 09, 2015, 12:16:48
I will just echo the points made by Bluefirephoenix and floriferous. 

You only need to protect yourself if you believe you need it.
Yep! :) And like I said above, there really is nothing at the end of the bed; I have seen it first-hand! :)
This world's Captain Falcon; A title I will pass down to a chosen one when I leave this dimension.

Trepkos

Protection (the action of) is only necessary if one tends to be emotional or "astral". But these kinds of shields vanish after a relatively short while, so you need to put up some protection on a regular basis. The frequency of this regularity varies with the intensity of emotions experienced in general. So if one experiences powerful emotions in life, then his/her power of visualisation is of a higher value, and so the frequency can be "wide". On the other hand, if one is a rational person, then protection (the action of) isn't necessary, because "fears" or "negative beings" are explained away or there is automatically a shield. So one might ask; why a shield if the negative beings are explained away? Well, the explanation IS the shield.

Xanth

This is going to sound a little ego-istic... so please don't get hung up on the language I'm using (spiritually advanced... level of spiritual growth... etc), but focus more on the concepts and ideas I'm presenting.  :)

Quote from: Trepkos on June 10, 2015, 18:36:22
Protection (the action of) is only necessary if one tends to be emotional or "astral". But these kinds of shields vanish after a relatively short while, so you need to put up some protection on a regular basis. The frequency of this regularity varies with the intensity of emotions experienced in general. So if one experiences powerful emotions in life, then his/her power of visualisation is of a higher value, and so the frequency can be "wide". On the other hand, if one is a rational person, then protection (the action of) isn't necessary, because "fears" or "negative beings" are explained away or there is automatically a shield. So one might ask; why a shield if the negative beings are explained away? Well, the explanation IS the shield.
Someone who is "emotional" (or as you put it "astral") isn't balanced/centered.  They lack a specific (for lack of a better phrase) "level of spiritual growth". 
These are generally the people who believe that they need protection.  So they believe, so they require.

I find that the more "spiritually advanced" one is... the less "emotional", you are.  It's not that you don't have emotions, you most definitely do, but they don't control you... you don't identify with them.  You don't say "*I* am angry" or "*I* am happy".  You just "are" what you are.  The more "rational" (as you say) you are.  You see things as they are, a reflection of what you hold within... and that reflection becomes more and more clear the more you progress along your path.  You see there's no reason for "shields" or "protection"... because you're only protecting yourself from... yourself. 

Rakkso

Quote from: Xanth on June 10, 2015, 19:49:00
This is going to sound a little ego-istic... so please don't get hung up on the language I'm using (spiritually advanced... level of spiritual growth... etc), but focus more on the concepts and ideas I'm presenting.  :)
Someone who is "emotional" (or as you put it "astral") isn't balanced/centered.  They lack a specific (for lack of a better phrase) "level of spiritual growth". 
These are generally the people who believe that they need protection.  So they believe, so they require.

I find that the more "spiritually advanced" one is... the less "emotional", you are.  It's not that you don't have emotions, you most definitely do, but they don't control you... you don't identify with them.  You don't say "*I* am angry" or "*I* am happy".  You just "are" what you are.  The more "rational" (as you say) you are.  You see things as they are, a reflection of what you hold within... and that reflection becomes more and more clear the more you progress along your path.  You see there's no reason for "shields" or "protection"... because you're only protecting yourself from... yourself. 

I could not agree more with this, also, from my humble perspective, this not necesarilly always takes place and we go in a rollercoaster with our fears set free, even protecting ourselves, this i found to be extremelly helpful because you face them. But like Trepkos said, as you, dont need to protect yourself unless you so desperatelly need it, which is not always the best case, but also not a bad one. Rational people are normally adults Who have grown up enough to find they can just, as my grandmomma said, 'get over with it and just cut the crap', so thats why most adults tend to be happier. They have the mindset of not dramatizing over most things. I am sadly with almost any new experience i face my own worst enemy in the end, unless i hit a rock, stop, think, and change i most of the times cant see what life or my dreams or fears or my society or people around me from before are trying to tell me. Just like Xanth said. Lol