Does all this tell us anything?

Previous topic - Next topic

rodentmouse

rodentmouse

ok  i dont know why my  pc  automatically posted that short message, but i meant to write more so ill continue...

yeh i  think  that OBE's are a great source of knowledge waiting to  be tapped by  the human race.  There existence proves  that there is more to reality,  that the mind has that kind of  ability.

I beleive that once  more people  start to  develop this ability the more it will be understood,  and the more we will come to understand religion, past cultures and all things ESP/psychic related.

for example,  proper scientific  study of OBE's  may discover the components  of what  makes up  the astral body,  which may  make it possible for the energy body in general  to be more accepted as part of our makeup.

This may open the door  to the chakras and eastern mysticism,  giving us a deeper understanding of the way in which we work, with my experience of energy work and chakras, i have  come to a deeper understanding of myself.
Slowly  but surely the prejudices' surrounding energy healers and psychics will disintegrate, as fact- not faith will spearhead its way  into mainstream acceptance.

something like OBE's which radically alters the way those who have had them see themselves, and see life  cannot  be ignored forever, or shunned as a dream.

the existence of  the astral pulse shows  that people are willing to question what this is,  not dismiss it.

the awareness of OBE's  can only  grow now, its not just  psychics and "mystical men" who can have them,  average ordinary people can.

ive had a few spontaneous OBE's  and i dont think i can allow myself to become bored with it,  with me its like  i MUST learn what  this is, i feel it is a logical step to take, we are constantly evolving.

holy reality

Well think about it...

say you OBE and you aren't sure if it's proof of the afterlife but it eases your apprehension and makes you less afraid of dying.

Well say death isn't the ultimate OBE, oh well, at least you weren't as afraid while dying... you know?

Sure you could say that about any religion under the face of this earth I guess, but the difference is this is YOUR OWN SPIRITUALITY not someone elses that has been fed to you.

It's up to you to decide what to make out of these experiences really.

I haven't the slightest clue whether they are real or not, sometimes I'm inclined to think so, sometimes not. But I mean there is just so much that I can't really explain at all that I would think something "spiritual" is going on.

I mean in the field of lucid dreams I've been able to get sometimes accurate information. I recently remembered a model roller coaster company in development which I had long forgotten about, and started dreaming about them, and then looking for them (to no avail) well in a recent dream I somehow gathered that they were still in business and would be releasing their product in March (or sometime this spring I guess, I don't remember) and a few days later some search on some RC forums dragged up an amazingly sweet looking project (not by the same company though) that is due for release IN MARCH. In fact they and their amazing model were really brought to light in the coaster community in mid January about when I first started wondering about these things and having the dreams.

So I mean... explain that? It seems vaguely familiar that I've seen these types of models before but I don't think I knew that someone was working on a commercially available kit... the other business has kind of stagnated but I mean... to pull a date out of my unconscious would prove that either I'm psychic or lucky... but it seems more like it was yanked from a sort of collective unconscious.

Sure it can just randomly grab a near by date as I would be hopeful for it to be out ASAP but I really didn't think any such projects existed and kept wondeirng why I was so willing to believe they did in my dreams.

Yeah anyway that might have been a bit too detailed of an account but little things like these really make me wonder... if I live my life searching for answers only to find out there are none then oh well, it's better than remaining bound by an oppressive belief system that was brainwashed into me as a child... and I hardly think if there is a God ou there that he'd punish me for being reluctant to trust authority figures in foricng me into the correct religion.

I could burn in hell I suppose... but if he's that way I don't really want to bow down to him in fear anyway.... and given the vast amount of belief systems out there it's unlikely yours is the correct one...

I mean it's unlikely THERE IS A CORRECT ONE since in order to know "the truth" you probably wouldn't have a need to be human anymore...

But what I'm getting at in a rambling manner is if you find your own answers you'll live an interesting and hopefully peaceful life, and if you're wrong you probably aren't going to lose much anyway.

So just explore and find something, or find nothing maybe... but I encourage people to look and "think for themselves".

And if you want to know whether OBE's are real or not try to find information from your friends that you don't know about them while lucid or out of body, etc, and try and have them validate it, such as mother's maiden name, etc... I'm loosely working on doing that right now with someone I barely know, if I get an answer it'd be awkward randomly talking to her and asking her her mother's maiden name though, but I figure it's my best shot at accuracy since I'd have almost no way of randomly making it up or unconsciously already knowing it and not remembering.
!..............!

Person

Check out the post on Proof.
Let's say OBE really is a self created illusion.  Well, once accepted, it would be of great use to Psychology to understanding how our minds work, and maybe someday they'll make a pill that can force us into this state safely.  If normal awake state is a Beta frequency, I wonder what astral and above would be?
With my first OBE I lost my fear of death.  I still doubted, but the inner fear was gone.  
I'm to the point where I can say I "know" it's true and spiritual, but only because of experiences I've had myself.  It's impossible to really prove it to another without pulling them out with you.  
If true - yes, it clearly points to a new world of spiritual reality.  I don't think you can be truly enlightened and still believe this is all there is.  You can OBE to a real place and confirm it, then realize you don't need your physical body to exist.  Then you OBE to the astral plane, and realize you don't even need a physical world.  I suppose this would continue up to full enlightenment, realizing you are pure consciousness and everything is an illusionary representation of yourself.  
I think it's really interesting how something can go from simple curiosity to forming a spiritual path.  I only started trying for OBE's because of how cool it'd be to meet my online friends without paying for a plane ticket... I had no idea it meant anything spiritually.  
-Person

beavis

I have seen things while OBE that I later verified to be real, so yes it does mean something.

rodentmouse: the awareness of OBE's can only grow now, its not just psychics and "mystical men" who can have them, average ordinary people can.

Not if somebody in power decides OBEs are the work of satan, or would tell us things that would put them out of power, and has anybody who speaks about them killed and all related websites shut down.

findtruth

You've probably heard this before, but we only use 10% of our brain.  Meaning that we use only a fraction of our mental potential.  A conciously brought about OBE is, I think, part of what people can do, but most don't. And about the spirituality thing... If people can do all this amazing stuff like astral projection, then, there's a chance (some people might say hope) that there's something greater out there. That, perhaps, we will keep on living after our hearts stop beating and we're buried underground.

Makaveli

I think it does.  I have had 2 decent verifications with it but I've gotten more conclusive undeniable verifications with remote viewing.  If you look into NDEs which are linked they are far more suggestive of the afterlife.

BOATS

I hope there is a Superior being, a God that created the entire seen and unseen universe and beyond.  But are we talking about a God/Creator that looks like humans and created us in his image.  I personally think there is.  If there is not a God that created us in his image than I suggest that the universe itself is God. The universe is a Top Down universe of intelligent thought energy. The universe is alive and created the physical and spiritual realms.  It has a PRIME DIRECTIVE.  To not just create life, but create intelligent life. How would a unintelligent universe create intelligent beings? But even in saying this this is simply  faith.  It all comes down to faith in the end for me.  All these AP and OBE experiences are so subjective.  They are hard to prove.  If you think about it the waking life could be a dream.  The AP and OBE dreams. I think even if a Angel itself was to appear two days later we could question the validity of the experience.  If when I die and go to a spiritial realm I do not see myself running around saying "is this real ?, is this real ?" You simply accept the reality of the experience.  I also do not want to tell others their I ever thought they no longer exsisted and were forgotten.  That would almost seem an insult.  While in the astral if a spiritual being was to ask for proof that the Physical plane existed how would we provide proof.  All we have is the intelligent energy we take with us.

hensley1000

Hi All,
Have been lurking around for several weeks and find this subject
fascinating and have tried to have an oobe myself,but does all this
tell us anything?.Puting your mind into a certain state and having what could possibly be an elaborate,interesting and very enjoyable hallucination would be cool,but does it point to an afterlife or some degree of 'spirituality'?,i would love to believe it, but have a nagging doubt that it might not actually mean anything,(not that it has to mean anything,but it would be more significant and fulfilling if it did point to a more enlightened level of existance)

(Question sounds a bit heavy does'nt it,but could'nt think of another way to put it - sorry!!)

Your views appreciated