Does Being sick help astral projection?

Previous topic - Next topic

rolemodels21

Well I have had this awful cold+sore throat for this past weekend and I stopped trying to astral project because of it. However, earlier today I saw a post on another website pertaining this man who had a cold and fever and had been trying to astral project for many years who went to sleep. In the middle of the night he found himself waking up with his room being a little different and he realized that he had astral projected unknowingly. So this leads to my question, can being sick help astral projection? Oh and also, can I do this with my mouth closed if it does help? I ask this also because my nose is so damn clogged I can't breath from it properly enough for my blood to get all the oxygen it needs. Thanks for any help.

Lionheart

If it interrupts your sleep, I would say definitely.

At least you should be experiencing great Lucid Dreams and have great Dream recall in general.

Open mouth, closed mouth, it doesn't matter, as long as you can still breathe!  :-D

Astralsuzy

I have read that you can ap when you are sick.  I have never ap when I am sick.  I rarely get sick and when I do I just want to get better as I feel awful so I do not bother about ap.  If you think you can ap, then go for it.  It would be wonderful if you could ap.  You would not be feeling like you are now.  You would feel no discomfort or anything unpleasant.  
I think it would depend on what sort of sickness you have as to how easy it would be.  If you have a sore throat and it is hurting then you would be thinking about how it hurts and it is harder to breathe as your nose is clogged up.  Do not let me put you off, if you think you can do it, then try it.
As the other post said, you could lucid dream.   

rolemodels21

Thanks for your help guys. You were right LionHeart, I actually do recall on Saturday night having a really memorable dream. More so than most of my dreams.

Little Bibble

I found that when I have a stomach bug and a few days of not eating makes NP visuals very clear as soon as I close my eyes at night. I guess that's why fasting is a recognised OBE technique as eating food grounds you more strongly in the physical.

Astralzombie

Many people have had their first OOBE during times that they were sick. It may just be because they are spending more time resting and when they are awake, they day dream about feeling better and doing the things that they are missing out on. But this is like crack for an OOBE. This shifts your focus away from the physical body and present time. This sounds like the perfect setup to me.

People may be more open to just going with it since they can blame it on their illness if they are uncomfortable with the idea of having an OOBE. Who knows why but I have read many accounts that point to being sick as a catalyst.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Bedeekin

Oliver Fox begins his book noting how he thought that it was his propensity for illness that caused his ability to have OOBEs later in life. Maybe he attributed it to a sort of 'loosening' of the spirit. I can vouch for him.... being also prone to very weird and obscure looping 'fever' dreams.

I haven't actually had any experiences of the conventionally nonphysical kind when ill... but then... I haven't been ill for a long time so can't really remember.

ChopstickFox

When I have been very sick, especially with a fever, I can fall out of sorts with sleep and that can cause all sorts of craziness. Usually it's an irritating looping of dreams or finding myself spontaneously OBEing or finding myself keep popping out in a very uncomfortable irritating way. Whatever happens, I'd hardly call it fun @_@ Gah!
Take to the sky, feeling so alive! Past the clouds to the Milky Way, share our secrets with the starry brigade. The stars surround us like a million fireflies. For once I see infinity... it's in your eyes.