Does everyone have a spirit guide?

Previous topic - Next topic

dust8879

I found myself having a non physical experience, and I thought to call out for a spirit guide. I asked firmly 3 times, but not a single thing happened. It made me wonder if I have a spirit guide at all or if it's just make believe. I'm confused at the moment and this has happened once before. So the question I want to ask is does everyone have a spirit guide or are there some people (possibly like me) who just don't have one?

Stillwater

Jury's out.

Some people will vehemently swear by their guides, while others will tell you they feel their guides are a part of their own psyche, and a few have never seen them.

No final answer I am afraid.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

dust8879

AAAAAAAA

Yes, everyone has a guide. And they have been with you since the day you were born. Your guide probably didn't show themselves because they didn't think it was time yet. As you start looking into this more, you will learn more about guides. You might even talk to yours one day, and you will find out that a lot of the things they say and do don't make sense right away. They are suppose to make sense in time. If they just showed themselves to you anytime you wanted to ask for help, they really wouldn't be guides, would they? They aren't pets. They can come and go as they please. You can't really tell them what to do and expect them to always do it. The first time I really talked to my guide, I had to keep asking for a month before I finally made contact with her and saw her. They have their own agenda, and sometimes they get busy with other things.

Xanth

This is my perspective of spirit guides:  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFQJgEampCI

To paraphrase...
Guides aren't what most people think they are.  They're not these beings who stick around and just chill waiting for you to finally acknowledge them or want help.  It just doesn't work like that.  They're just a sort of "help system".

If you've used Microsoft Office from the early 2000's... if you remember the paperclip dude in there, that's probably a good description/definition of a guide.  It would offer you up suggestion... and you could ask it things and get a response... but it was technically "always there" and is a helper of sorts.  

Spirit guides are like that.  They're programs that come from the system to help you, guide you, or answer questions when you need it.

deepspace

My experience has been that guides are there when you need them which for me is quite different than when I think I need them. Every time I have contact with one, it feels so good and often for the next day too. So I could see myself easily getting addicted to that and wanting it all of the time. But we are meant to learn here on our own, it's really an individual journey. That's not to say we don't need help and shouldn't help each other, but there is a line between help and interference which be can be counterproductive to our own growth. So when it comes to my guides, they usually are just loving and supportive which is often all I need because it's important for us to learn the lessons ourselves and they can't help us with that.
It's all a dream
Light passing by on the screen

Volgerle

Quote from: seán7781 on June 22, 2014, 12:33:10
I found myself having a non physical experience, and I thought to call out for a spirit guide. I asked firmly 3 times, but not a single thing happened. It made me wonder if I have a spirit guide at all or if it's just make believe. I'm confused at the moment and this has happened once before. So the question I want to ask is does everyone have a spirit guide or are there some people (possibly like me) who just don't have one?

It seems everyone has them. But not everyone "experiences" them because it is also a choice - mostly yours (probably even a subconscious one) or sometimes the choice of your guide(s) not to show up. The probable reason: they are used to working in the background for most of the time. That's what they're here for. You lead your life and they provide support. The best support is the one you do not even notice.

Here's a perspective from a clinical regression therapist on the topic of guides. He did thousands of regressions over decades to gather data, therefore it is pretty solid, although you can see by the examples (transcripts provided) that it is a varied experience:

http://www.to-en.gr/Newton/p08_t_en.htm

I like his conclusion:

QuoteIn my opinion, guides are no more or less divine than we are, which is why they are seen as personal beings. In all my cases God is never seen. People in hypnosis say they feel the presence of a supreme power directing the spirit world, but they are uncomfortable using the word "God" to describe a creator. Perhaps the philosopher Spinoza said it best with these words: "God is not He who is, but That which is."

Every soul has a spiritual higher power linked to its existence. All souls are part of the same divine essence generated from one oversoul. This intelligent energy is universal in scope and so we all share in divine status. If our soul reflects a small portion of the oversoul we call God, then our guides provide the mirror by which we are able to see ourselves connected to this creator.

Have fun reading.  :-)

Stillwater

Quotet seems everyone has them. But not everyone "experiences" them because it is also a choice - mostly yours (probably even a subconscious one) or sometimes the choice of your guide(s) not to show up. The probable reason: they are used to working in the background for most of the time. That's what they're here for. You lead your life and they provide support. The best support is the one you do not even notice.

That is a good perspective. I have theorized that sometimes the opposite might happen though... every now and then, something of astronomical improbability will happen incidentally; I wonder if those moments might be someone engineering reality to tell me to pay attention to a certain happening or detail. It sounds like a silly anecdote (and truth be told, it really is, but I choose this particular time because an approximate probability is easy to arrive at), but sometime this past spring, I was at a friend's party; they had a bowl of jelly beans, and I reached in, and grabbed 11. Every jellybean was the same color. I looked back in the bowl, and there were five colors, of more or less equal distribution. The chance of getting a set of 11 of any one color in a large enough bowl is around 1 in 9,765,625, or 5^10. Could that happen by chance? Yes, it will happen a few dozen times every year somewhere in the world, but then events like this seem to happen more often than chance would suggest likely. Maybe I was supposed to pay special attention to that moment. If there was a reason, it eluded me, but I remembered the happening itself at any rate.

Aaron330

When I was in 7th grade in PE class, I came in to the locker room to change back into my regular clothes after class. I was standing on the bench to reach my locker which was a top locker, and all the sudden this extreme urgency to grab my shorts by the waist came over me. It was like a voice shouted "SOMEONE IS ABOUT TO PANTS YOU" but I thought "how silly, why would I think that? That's not gonna happen". So I kept opening my locker, and the feeling of urgency was still there begging me to hold onto my shorts, but I ignored it again. About 30 seconds later some kid ran by and pulled my shorts down to my ankles and the whole locker room laughed at me. I didn't really care cuz I was just standing there stunned. I could not figure out how I knew so strongly that this was going to happen.

Could this be an instance where a Spirit guide was trying to lend a helping hand?
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep; because my dreams are bursting at the seams.

Stillwater

Haha... great story. The fact of being in a locker room in 7th grade might have given some fair warning that being "pants'ed" was a real possibility, but still maybe so, who can say!

Aaron330

Quote from: Stillwater on June 24, 2014, 04:22:38
Haha... great story. The fact of being in a locker room in 7th grade might have given some fair warning that being "pants'ed" was a real possibility, but still maybe so, who can say!

You'd think...but I had never been pants'd in my entire life before that or ever since. So I had no reason to fear it. It was literally the only time it's ever happened in my life, which makes me wonder if there was something deeper happening there. Maybe my spirit guide was using it as a lesson to teach me what clairvoyance feels like or something.
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep; because my dreams are bursting at the seams.

Xanth

Lionheart

Quote from: Xanth on June 24, 2014, 19:41:26
Did anyone take 5 minutes to watch this video?

Holy smokes! 5 minutes, your asking a lot now Xanth, lol.  :-D

Yes, I watched it. I enjoy watching all the video links posted on the Astral Pulse. I find that there is always something new and interesting to be found in them.  :-)

...a little "rehashing" never hurts either!  :wink:

Riva626

I've managed to get out of my body 7 times thus far. Each time I have called upon my 'Higher Self' or 'HGA' and am yet to get any kind of response. I give up. Time to just explore and see what happens.

Xanth

Quote from: Riva626 on June 24, 2014, 22:02:26
I've managed to get out of my body 7 times thus far. Each time I have called upon my 'Higher Self' or 'HGA' and am yet to get any kind of response. I give up. Time to just explore and see what happens.
Don't "give up"... that brings with it a negative Intent.
Instead, try "accepting" that perhaps right now you simply don't need the guidance.  :)

Go do something else for now.  Maybe when the time comes that you're more screwed up, they will answer.  ;)

Loosh

Quote from: Xanth on June 24, 2014, 19:41:26
Did anyone take 5 minutes to watch this video?

Oh my gosh, I thought I had watched every Tom video out there, thank you! This clip is great.

Aaron330

Quote from: Xanth on June 24, 2014, 22:20:05
Don't "give up"... that brings with it a negative Intent.
Instead, try "accepting" that perhaps right now you simply don't need the guidance.  :)

Go do something else for now.  Maybe when the time comes that you're more screwed up, they will answer.  ;)

rofl