can you go anywhere in the astral plane?

Previous topic - Next topic

slipknot0129

can you go anywhere in the astral plane when you get out of your body?

theres some video games i want to visit, like in gta 4 i would want to go to liberty city, and other games.

i had some lucid dreams about a video game called call of duty 4, that made me wonder if i could astral project in them.

rezaf

To my experience lucid dreams are a combination of imagination and astral beings' interference. Most of the time(not always) when I decided to go out of my body in the middle of a dream, I used to see astral beings whispering in my ears who were surprised to see me and then tried to bring me back to the dream by continuing their chants. I don't really know how it works but in lucid dreams I don't feel that my astral body is out of my physical body.

Vitruvian

Slip,
You're talking apples and oranges - astral projecting and lucid dreaming are two different things totally. This is my opinion and a bit different from what rezaf has posted: deciding to project out of a lucid dream, impressive multitasking, there, rezaf. The definition of a lucid dream is a dream in which you become aware you are in a dream state, within the dream. At this point you can then control the content of your dream. It is recommended that you do NOT do this; rather, you should take the opportunity to observe (as a learning experience). Of course it is very difficult to stop yourself from playing God.  :-)

The entire plane should be available to you when projecting. I'm not sure a video game you've played would be available, but I like your style.

jezsika

yeah ide love to go into paintings or create my own world by drawing it out and then jumping into while OB but i doubt such a thing is possible however it would be a great book ..
Jessica

Kyrin Blair

You could totally construct a mindscape in line with whatever suits your imagination, whether or not that is actually accessible to other entities depends on a few factors, namely how strong you create the realm, how it's shielded, etc. When you lucid dream, you're basically confined to your own mind, but if you were to actually create a scape on the astral plane, theoretically anyone could join in.

Eat that, XBox Live XD
-Supreme Fluffer of Fluffies
"I came into this plane with an attitude and a 3-foot Pixie Stick; I see stupid everywhere, and I plan on doing something about it."

Venus_Goddess_of_Love

Quote from: slipknot0129 on May 01, 2008, 23:28:34
can you go anywhere in the astral plane when you get out of your body?

theres some video games i want to visit, like in gta 4 i would want to go to liberty city, and other games.

i had some lucid dreams about a video game called call of duty 4, that made me wonder if i could astral project in them.

OBE is a tool to evolve, i.e. increase self awareness, control your energy, and help others to evolve as well.  How is projecting into a video game going to help you achieve this? 
"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet." Rumi

slipknot0129

i dont know but since it doesnt involve real people i think it shouldnt hurt me.

Stookie

Just wait til you experience something that you can't imagine.

Greytraveller

Vitruvian
You posted
QuoteYou're talking apples and oranges - astral projecting and lucid dreaming are two different things totally. This is my opinion and a bit different from what rezaf has posted: deciding to project out of a lucid dream, impressive multitasking, there, rezaf. The definition of a lucid dream is a dream in which you become aware you are in a dream state, within the dream. At this point you can then control the content of your dream. It is recommended that you do NOT do this; rather, you should take the opportunity to observe (as a learning experience). Of course it is very difficult to stop yourself from playing God. 

I agree with you 100 percent. I used to think that lucid dreams were the best thing that could happen. Yet after having dozens, maybe hundreds, of lucid dreams I realized that it Was basically like playing a video game. I wasn't really learning or experiencing anything new during a lucid dream. Now I try to use the awareness of being in a lucid dream as a springboard for projecting into an OBE.

Grey

slipknot0129

dreams are just like video games, i had the longest dream about me running from the cops and hijacking cars. i forgot how i got away from the cops but i think it was something about me blowing them up. a virtual new york city like in gta4 will make you have weird dreams because i like walking around in it like its a real city and doing reality checks.

Vitruvian

Grey Traveller, well met -
I don't know what phase of your life you're in, but I believe you have learned a potent lesson about divesting yourself of ego. I think this might be the main lesson we can learn from the lucid dream state - to be aware of what's happening in the moment, and actually have the 'power' to change it, but to rather let it play out without doing anything but observing. Kudos to you.

For me, I've had three lucid dreams through the years. It's not something I actively pursue; I don't do exercises or anything, but perhaps I should. I have to say I'm impressed upon hearing you've had so many! Maybe I just need more sleep . . .  :-) 

Vitruvian