does this happen to anyone else?

Previous topic - Next topic

loppoppy

after projecting, after meditation or even is i'm just relaxed, i move my hands or any part of my body and there is an afterimage of that body part that just floats behind my physical body part. When i'm relaxed it's about half a second behind. afer meditation about 1 second behind my movement and after projecting it's a good 2-3 seconds behind my movements. I believe it to be my empty astral body which has become constantly loose due to me projecting so many times. Does this afterimage effect happen to anyone else?

(when i do this only I can see my afterimage and it happens no matter how fast or slow i move my body part. It's so clear sometimes it's like it's nearly solid but it always has a light white glow around it.)
for what shall it profit a man if he is to gain the world and lose his own soul?

Mydral

Yeah I have that too most of the time.

Here try the following things and tell me what you see:

1. Look at the center of your finger. Then use your periphiral vision to look at the sides (do not directly look at it at first). You should start seeing a whitish glow around your finger. (use a dim white background for this, it works the easiest)

2. If you see the above, try moving the tips of your index and thumb close to each other. Then pull them apart again slightly or circle them around each other (always keeping close proximity). You should see that whitish glow connecting the tips of those two fingers. The movement of the fingers is just done so that you can see the glow move too, its easier to spot that way.

Tell me if you see anything while doing those things.
In somnis veritas

loppoppy

when doing part one of your experiment i did see the white glow which resembles that of my astral hand

During part two however i saw many colours circling my hand as i moved it around, it intrigued me and i sat there for about five minutes playing with this effect. I never usually try things like this as I feel they have no significance when it comes to spiritual development. But it was fun to see all the same. Do you see similar things when doing this?
for what shall it profit a man if he is to gain the world and lose his own soul?

Mydral

Yeah I see the white glow all the time, I can look directly at it. The second exercise I gave you is acctually from me since I just want others to see what I see.
I don't see all those colors you talk of though.

I see the same around everything, try looking at the outlines of a tree at sunset. Or at night if there is still background light on.

You can also try not to use white backgrounds, it becomes harder to spot however since the glow will become transparent but its still there. Try if you can see it on a dark background.

Oh and take it one step further with your hand:
Close your eyes or better yet put a blind fold on so that its totally dark. Now start moving your hand around infront of your eyes..... you should be able to sense/see it. Now I do not know if this only happens because your acctually aware where your hand is and so your subconcious or concious creates an appropiate image or because we can see our astral body with our third eye or something like that.

And well this does not directly help spiritual development, but it helps your vision. Its the first step in seeing auras I think. Now the colors you talk of around your hand, this might acctually be part of your aura. If you develope this further so that you can also see these kinds of things clearly on other people you will see their true self. You will be able to see their emotions, hidden agendas, if they lies to you, what kind of person they are, etc. Alot is written in the auras of people and they change constantly in color etc. Research this further if you like (since I am not someone who can acctually teach you about this stuff properly). Also look up "Kirlian photography".

P.S Heck even if it has no purpose in your own spiritual development, its fun to play around with it though isn't it hehe? Just an advice... don't do it in public, people will think your psycho if you stare at your hand and move it around for minutes or that your on drugs haha.
In somnis veritas

Pasco

It's one of the most common hallucinations people get when they take LSD, psilocybin or other psychedelics. In that scene they're called tracers.

Mydral

Quote from: Pasco on July 15, 2006, 19:30:10
It's one of the most common hallucinations people get when they take LSD, psilocybin or other psychedelics. In that scene they're called tracers.

Mate trust me, this has nothing to do with LSD or any drug and it is not a hallucination.
In somnis veritas

loppoppy

well I have already done the seeing your hand with your eyes shut experiment before and after astral projection just to see how clearly I can actually sense my hand. And coincidently I did that experiment once while walking through the park and someone walked past me pulling a weird face but then i laughed at them with my eyes shut and said you wouldn't understand. (I didnt conciously know that person was staring at me but I said it anyway which was probably more shocking to me then it was the person i was talking to).

As for the quote on lsd and stuff, thanks for the lesson i'll be careful to bare that in mind for the future.

Pasco

Quote from: Mydral on July 15, 2006, 20:38:15
Mate trust me, this has nothing to do with LSD or any drug and it is not a hallucination.

Yeah I only read the first post, which seemed spot on. I wouldn't necessarily rule out a relation though. Just because something is called a "hallucination" doesn't make in any less real or valid.

I absolutely do not advocate the use of psychedelics in spiritual development, but to say there's no relation is preposterous.

loppoppy

psychedelic is a strange word isn't it...

Astral Projection

mind altering psychedelic trip

WindGod

Yeah, sort of. I'm able to detect tiny flying bugs because of the large trail, or wake they make as they float through my peripheral vision.

I tried something else the other night that was curious.

When trying to meditate in a dark room, with my eyes closed I was sort of trying to "see" with the astral eyes or what ever it is.

So I though OK, wave my arms in front of me, and I was startled to actually see a very dark ghostly image of my arm.

I assumed that I could somehow still see a shadow through my eyelids in a dark room, so I then covered my eyes with one hand, waved my other arm in front of me, and I could still see a shadow wave by, up down, side to side, I could still see the faint shadow arm image.

Could this be my mind seeing a mental "phantom" image of my arm because I know it's location and I visualize it?

In any case I walked into the bathroom, without turning on the lights and I was afraid to look at the mirror in the dark, so I kept my eyes shut.
Are weather forcasters psychic?

Mydral

Quote from: WindGod on July 19, 2006, 20:59:47

Could this be my mind seeing a mental "phantom" image of my arm because I know it's location and I visualize it?

This is exactly what I am trying to figure out for some time now....

and about the drug part. I also agree, there are strong similarities, which makes me wonder what chemical reaction occur in our body when we see this stuff without the use of any drugs.
There is a theory that the Pineal Gland (physical part of the third eye) acctually makes this hallucinations and that they do not differ much from drug induced ones:

http://www.serendipity.li/mcclay/pineal.html#a1.6
In somnis veritas

WindGod

that's a good link, thanks.

I searched on "serotonin pill"  and thought this pharmacology info was interesting, explaining why it's thought to be impractical to make one.

http://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.cgi?ID=3090

my reply is in the interest of how we learn to exercise the brain to experience elevated moods and even trip out without adding specifically external drugs.
Are weather forcasters psychic?