Dream Log

Previous topic - Next topic

Synapse

hi itay shahar,
writing down ur dreams will not do any harm. infact it will do the opposite if u write ur dreams down and try to remember them on a regular basis u r much more likley to have a lucid dream. most people write down their dreams in the morning but if u can wake up and do it thats better.

#

Windameir

Itay Shahar
Yes a dream journal is a great Idea but you don't have to go into great detail in the middle of the night just write down short phrases to help you recall the rest of the dream and fill in the gaps in the morning. Another suggestion might be not to tell yourself to wake up to write your dreams down but tell yourself to become more awake "in" your dream as in a lucid dream or try focusing on a single object in the dream as this usually brings about more clarity. Its even possable to project out of body from the dream state http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

Happy Travels
Windameir

lucid dancer

Here's a technique you might like to try:  if you wake up in the middle of the night with a dream, make yourself stay awake for five to ten minutes. If you think about the dream over and over, it will leave an imprint. You should still have it when you wake up. This way you can fall back to sleep easier.  It works every time I use it!

Itay Shahar

Thanks for the replies.
lucid dancer: Yes, I do that sometimes when its more of a disturbing dream, like last night I had a sad dream, I kept waking up two or three times after that dream just to write more details on that same dream as I suddenly remembered them, I'm sure if I'd stay awake and think about it in the first place i'd remember more of it.

Do

Writing your dreams is of enormous importance in many ways.  It will not be detrimental to your OBE work and will in fact aid it.  By doing so, you're giving your unconcious the message that "somebody is listening"!  It gives you practice in remembering non-physical "events."  And the images that occur in dreams (both lucid and non-lucid) and those that appear in out-of-body experiences are related in subtle ways that you will be able to explore.  I keep a cheap "Radio Shack" (how cheap can you get?) tape recorder by my bed.  I find it easier to record the dream verbally immediately upon awakening.  You'll get a lot more detail and sometimes just the sound of your voice will give you hints as to the emotional impact of the dream.  Also useful for recording OBE's.  Then transcribe the dream into your dream/vision/obe/journal in the morning, noting associations, etc.  It's invaluable.

By the way, you're fortunate to recall so many dreams.  

wisp

I think what you say is so true. That's nice you can use a recorder. I tried that once but I'm too disoriented at the time to be verbal or work something with buttons (can't work a lamp switch either). I have to get up and go in another room before I can recall or reflect on a dream or an experience (well enough to write it down anyway). I've done alot of thinking I'll remember, but then I don't after I wake. Recording it is important.

Itay Shahar

Hello.
I started an old habit of mine of making a Dream Log.
I find myself waking up at least twice a night to write my dreams on some notepad (hard to understand the hand writing later though as I write it half asleep).
My question is if it can harm the Astral Projection practice in any way.
Because I was thinking that maybe what I do is whenever I have a dream I tell myself to wake up and write it (maybe without even letting it finish), and so maybe it can build an instict of ruinning successful OBE experiences?
I acualy wake up alot of times per night to write dreams, some of them I decide to skip writing because they dont seem so important at the time, but later on in the morning I have no idea what it was I decided to skip.
Its cool to see what you dreamt about though, when I read it I acualy recall what I dreamt in a very much visual way, I know I get lazy when writing in the middle of the night and only write like 50% or less of the entire dream, I'm trying to discipline myself into writing the whole dream, because when I read what I wrote I do recall that it was much more then what I wrote, much longer, much more complex, but I cant recall what it was, and it does seem important looking back.

-Itay Shahar