Dream Melodies and Relaxation/Focussing Techniques

Previous topic - Next topic

PerspectiveShift

Hello everyone!

I've never really thought about this before until this morning... it was a dreamless night (can't remember a thing these past couple nights), but as I was waking up this morning I noticed a type of melody or song playing in my mind over and over and over again. Just before my alarm went off the melody completely changed.

I notice that I'll have these mental melodies or unconscious songs in my head during many sleeps sometimes without me even realizing it. It's like a song that gets stuck in your head and plays over and over. Sometimes the songs are actually real songs that I listened to the day(s) before or sometimes it's completely made up.

Do you guys and gals have any experience with this? Is there any way to use this to induce lucidity or increase memory?

Another question I wanted to ask was about relaxation/focus.

My work is entering its extremely busy season and I'm starting to notice my mental state after work going nuts. It takes me awhile to realize I'm even meditating. Last night it took me over half an hour of meditation until I started to get into deeper focus. Usually it takes me 5 minutes to achieve this state. And I haven't been able to remember my dreams most likely from the added mental stress. My work is very fast paced and multitasking oriented so my mind goes everywhere while Im there and continues bouncing off of ideas and thoughts by the time I get home.

Cutting to the chase here...

Do you guys know of any focussing techniques or practices that have helped you taper off the scatter brain mind jumping effects? I'm actually thinking now that physical exercise might help after work or something before starting meditation.

Thanks!
Be the change you want to see in the world.

Bob_the_floater

I've only heard music once, it happened a couple of months ago after clicking out while trying to phase and having a non-lucid mini dream, the hypnopompia was accompanied by the most beautiful classical orchestral type music, it only lasted 15 sec or so and faded away with the hypnopompic imagery.

Lately I've started to recognize when it's a good time to meditate instead of doing it at a set time, I would describe that state as the body feeling a bit tired/sluggish but without being tired as in needing sleep, while the mind is sort of drifting. But if you only have one specific time of day to meditate and mental stress from work, then I would suggest using some binaural beats, I personally like the theta range (4-7 Hz). After physical exercise IMO is a bit of a double edged sword, in that it can leave you totally fired up with a natural high or slightly spent and relaxed. Maybe try a nice long relaxing hot shower..

And welcome aboard :-)
Hopefully, the greed and exploitation of certain of mankind can no longer suppress that which is truth. -Richard E. Byrd

PerspectiveShift

Quote from: Bob_the_floater on October 21, 2021, 09:47:30
I've only heard music once, it happened a couple of months ago after clicking out while trying to phase and having a non-lucid mini dream, the hypnopompia was accompanied by the most beautiful classical orchestral type music, it only lasted 15 sec or so and faded away with the hypnopompic imagery.

Lately I've started to recognize when it's a good time to meditate instead of doing it at a set time, I would describe that state as the body feeling a bit tired/sluggish but without being tired as in needing sleep, while the mind is sort of drifting. But if you only have one specific time of day to meditate and mental stress from work, then I would suggest using some binaural beats, I personally like the theta range (4-7 Hz). After physical exercise IMO is a bit of a double edged sword, in that it can leave you totally fired up with a natural high or slightly spent and relaxed. Maybe try a nice long relaxing hot shower..

And welcome aboard :-)

Thanks Bob! Really appreciate the input. I'll definitely try that out!

Yes I always get the music when I'm waking up during the hypnopompic time. This morning it wasn't music this time. It was a mechanical type churning noise that was in a consistent loop over and over again. I also recall a strange dream that wasn't really a typical dream. I realized that I've had this experience many many times over the past few months.

It's like a defragmentation of me/my brain or something. It's like my higher self knows what aspect of myself to focus on in myself and work on that area or connect it to new areas. I'm not sure if it's like building new neural pathways or energetic pathways or something. It's very hard to put into words because I barely understand it myself. But there is a deep understanding when I'm in the dream state. No dream characters, no environment to explore, it's really rather basic visuals and more of a feeling/knowing... yeah hard to explain. And I remember being in this exact state many many times. I'll learn to become more aware in this state next time.

If you ever had to defragment your Windows 98 computer that's probably the closest way I could start to describe it lol!!!  :lol:

EscapeVelocity

I find it intriguing that Perspective brought this subject up and that it interested Bob enough to comment with similar experience.

It's just my opinion but I think that it is a good indication to you both that your NP/Non-Physical senses are being activated; and you are beginning to intuitively notice the fact. I noticed this same activity for myself about 10 years ago. And it definitely wasn't the kind of activity that I expected, and it left me with questions which I couldn't find answers to for some time, but nonetheless there it was. As I devoted more concentrated attention to my dreaming awareness, becoming lucid, working phasing techniques, etc...other things began to happen such as an increase in early morning hypnopompic activity: Voices of all sorts, machinery noises disturbing me, firecrackers and cannonades during the Fourth of July (no kidding!)...much of it was disorienting and honestly bothersome. Again, this is why we need to keep a dream journal or take notes of some kind, lol. Much of this we don't figure out until much later...

But then there were the moments of beautiful music, such as both of you describe. Not regularly or even often...but when they occurred they were very obvious.

About 8 years ago, I was at a business conference at a very upscale resort in Phoenix, Arizona and one night at a lounge there was a wonderful young female performer, playing piano and singing cover songs, many of which were Fleetwood Mac, which i love. She was simply awesome and I listened for more than three hours. Around 4 in the morning, I became lucidly aware and realized there was music playing in my head, piano similar to her style. Within a minute or so I realized that I could control the music, the tempo, the chording, the progression. Now honestly I love music but technically I lack the skill at playing. But there in that middle of the night hypnopompic kind of state, I was in control and could tap into a whole new creative frequency. And I played with it, experimented and created my own music for maybe thirty minutes before I fell out of the state and back into sleep.

I have been in that state a few more times and although I am not sure, I think that it is the 'creative state/stream' that many artists are able to access much more than my feeble adventures. And it's not just for musicians...not only Paul McCartney has described this state, but Edison, Ford, Tesla and many authors...

I know that I have seen glimpses of this creative frequency and I would submit that both you have now had glimpses of it. It's part of our NP education and our re-awakening; just one part and there are others. I hope that resonates some.

EV

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

PerspectiveShift

Thanks for the input EV.

Another interesting theme that I've been noticing in my dreams is that the dream characters tend to be watching my reactions to certain things I do in my dream. To put some context here, I've been making a habit every night to "pray" or talk to my spirit guides to assist me in becoming more aware/lucid during my sleep.

Sometimes I'll have characters watching me from a distance or directly asking/telling/doing something that doesn't make logical sense. I believe that these characters are trying to trigger my lucidity as I get moments where I don't know how to react in my dream. Or I think to myself in my dream, "this is weird...". So I believe my spirit guides are actively helping me by creating multiple lucidity triggers.

Very interesting. I also made it a habit to thank my guides for each experience as well as their help when I awake as gratitude is always good for building closer relationships.

Last night I dreamt that my best friend gave me some type of electronic device. Looked almost like an odd shaped flip phone or calculator with a flip cover, but looked more expensive than a calculator. I didn't know what it was so I straight up asked. He gave me minimal non-descript answers to my questions. He said "it's for you". I asked again, yeah but what is it? He told me it's an "online blogger" (or something like this description). I was confused so I asked why are you giving it to me? Because it's your birthday. (My actual birthday is in April, but I didn't realize this in my dream). So I said that he doesn't have to give me presents for my birthday. He said I gave him a gift on his birthday (his birthday is in May after mine in PR). So I started thinking about this in the dream. I remember in my dream not giving him a gift previously and that it didn't make sense really because his birthday is after mine. I was confused after this conversation. The whole time he seemed to be looking at me like he was watching my reactions to his answers. Very interesting.

EscapeVelocity

More good insights on your part PerspectiveShift-

At this point in your experiences, certain dream characters may indeed be quizzing you with mysteries and watching for your reaction. I will only acknowledge the insights you have recognized (or for that matter, those that I have recognized, lol) because they are so much more fun and meaningful to discover on your own and a wonderful part of the grander mystery.

Praying/talking to and expressing a sincere sense of gratitude to our Teachers/Guides/Higher Self are also great insights.

As you are learning, some of the strange moments/answers/requests are acting as Dream Triggers; other times they want to gauge your response, your instinctive reactions. In these moments, it is best to stay with the current script (recognize there is a lesson happening here so don't go making great changes or flying off).

Your untangling of the Birthday tangle was a good example of your developing quality of cognitive function within a NP environment. Ask yourself if you could have performed the required cognition six months ago without disrupting the NP environment and aborting the experience entirely and awakening in frustration? Developing our NP senses involves refinement of some normal PR ones, such as higher cognitive function, but without disrupting NP considerations. Then there are many NP senses to learn and develop, as well, feel/intuition/knowing being one or more of them...your "feel" of a question/situation/environment takes on much more significance in the NPR. This also enhances the same ability here in the PR world.

Maybe there is a metaphor hidden in the Birthday image that doesn't involve either you or your friend's PR Birthdays...

Good work; this is where the fun and mystery begin to ramp up!

Here is one of mine that involved similar realizations that I had and some excellent thoughts/insights that followed in everyone's responses.

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_dreams/how_to_avoid_a_ld_despite_9_easy_dream_triggers-t44860.0.html
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Nameless

When I was child there was a time when I would wake up every morning listening to the most beautiful music I had ever heard in my life, then and now. It was like the entirety of all the universes were singing/humming in unison. If I focused in I could actually hear individual voices (not like they were singing but like the sound was their very own personal vibration). I could hear individual plants, animals, people, other beings, planets, stars and on and on. the entire world as far as my senses could go strummed in perfect unison and harmony.

I would get so upset when my mom came to wake me on school mornings and asked her to only say softly 'time to get up'. But 'please mom don't open the door'. I could listened forever. Then one day after many weeks it just stopped.

Since then I have on occasion heard 'the sound' but not to that degree.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Lumaza

I wake up to Music and song Lyrics more than anything else. The song can hold a memory, teach a lesson or even be a "trigger" for some kind subconscious message. The trick is to find out which one applies. Then again, it could also have no meaning at all, other than a pleasant way to wake up in the morning!  :-)
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla