Dream Pillow- It helps for projecting

Previous topic - Next topic

bondgirl3007

Hey Everyone- I thought I'd share something I came across that helped me. I read in one of my books that you can make a dream pillow out of the herb called mugwort. Mugwort according to my book "Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs", will give you psychic/prophetic dreams, as well as aid in astral projection.

So yesterday, I made a pillow 6"x8" and stuffed it with mugwort. You can buy like a pound of mugwort from amazon.com for $20.00. The instructions say to sleep with the mugwort pillow underneath your normal pillow. You can also place a small amount near your bed (I put mine on the nightstand) and this will also help. Well, I woke up last night with some VERY intense vibrations, and I was able to slip out of my body really quickly. (I have lots of OBE's anyways, but it just seemed like this stuff brought on the experience REALLY quickly)

Anyways, thought I'd share! It's also able to help dream recall. I made my husband a pillow, and he was able to remember his dreams from last night. This is really rare for him because he never is able to remember anything that he dreams.
"Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing."

owl

Hi bondgirl, thats pretty cool. There are two types of mugwort, western mugwort is also known as white sage. The other is just called mugwort. Do you know which one you are using? You should be able to find some growing in your area this spring. There is a warning about mugwort that it has been reported to cause abortion. Just thought I would mention that in case your thinking about becoming pregnant. Anyway I have some white sage so I'll give it a try under my pillow. It makes sense, white sage is a very sacred powerfull herb.

Lighten

You both seem to know a lot about herbs. Any other useful ones for dream or OBE?

owl

Quote from: Lighten on March 30, 2009, 21:32:05
You both seem to know a lot about herbs. Any other useful ones for dream or OBE?
[/quote
Not sure, I'll have to look into it. I know more about medicinal values.

bondgirl3007

Quote from: owl on March 30, 2009, 20:56:18
Hi bondgirl, thats pretty cool. There are two types of mugwort, western mugwort is also known as white sage. The other is just called mugwort. Do you know which one you are using? You should be able to find some growing in your area this spring. There is a warning about mugwort that it has been reported to cause abortion. Just thought I would mention that in case your thinking about becoming pregnant. Anyway I have some white sage so I'll give it a try under my pillow. It makes sense, white sage is a very sacred powerfull herb.

Hey Owl,

I just ordered some seeds to grow my own. The class name is "Artemisia vulgaris". I'm not sure if that is the same as white sage- I really wasn't aware there were two types of mugwort. So where did you hear that it causes abortion? That would be something I'm concerned with. Is it both types of mugwort, or just the white sage? Thanks for the info!

bondgirl3007

Quote from: Lighten on March 30, 2009, 21:32:05

Hey Lighten

There are all kinds of herbs out there. I'm not going to recommend anything to you though, unless I've tried it. The only other thing I've tried was called "African dream root". It helps you to have lucid dreams, and your dreams will be very brightly colored. You buy it raw, crush it and drink it in boiling water. I used a coffee grinder, and then put about 1 tsp in a cup of boiling water. Drink it on an empty stomach in the morning. Do this for 7 days. By the 5th day, you will notice a difference. Let me know if you have any luck!

owl

Hi bondgirl,
Artemisia vulgaris is mugwort, Artemisia ludoviciana is western mugwort, white sage, cudweed. The warning about abortion was only mentioned for the Artemisia vulgaris. This is in the Peterson field guide of "Eastern/Central Medicinal Plants and Herbs". It might be worth looking into further if you are concerned. Hope that helps.

CFTraveler

I had five bars of chocolate yesterday, took a nap and projected.

Lighten

QuoteI had five bars of chocolate yesterday, took a nap and projected.

....well that was easy

zareste

Interesting. So... corn, rice, and now chocolate. It's a wonder you could sleep at all after 5 bars though

CFTraveler

I was extremely tired.  Which is probably why I ate it in the first place.  So, a combination of exhaustion and chocolate.

jackmac13

I got my hands on a bit of Mugwort (not western) a while ago, its seemed to REALLY help out with dreams. far more common and far easier to recal.
unfortunatly its proving to be a tad difficult to find down in the land of OZ.

dbmathis

Perhaps what you eat has nothing to do with OBE.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand."

My AP Progress -> http://www.malleablelight.net

zareste

QuotePerhaps what you eat has nothing to do with OBE.
Or perhaps it does. Thing is, we have every reason to believe it does and no reason to believe it doesn't

dbmathis

Personally I have no idea :). I will read about it for a few and then decide if I want to try the pillow and see for myself.

Can someone tell me the theory behind why people think this works, even if it's just based on personal experience.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand."

TheNorthWind

BondGirl,

I've heard that hops is good, too. Have you tried it? I hope to get some mugwort soon and give your idea a try.

dbmathis

Hi Bondgirl,

I was not able to find the instructions for creating the pillow but I was about to find this book that seems to have great reviews and it's only 10 bucks.

http://www.amazon.com/Making-Herbal-Dream-Pillows-Aromatherapy/dp/1580170757/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1238898648&sr=8-1

I will be buying your suggested book too (I think this is it).

http://www.amazon.com/Cunninghams-Encyclopedia-Magical-Llewellyns-Sourcebook/dp/0875421229

Lighten

The effect, if any, probably comes from subtle chemicals or protein build up in the body. Its completely plausible that a food or even just a smell would be able to affect projection. With so much of projection relying on simple things like relaxation of the body and alertness of the mind, it would almost point in the direction of herbs or drugs.