Real-Time Projections vs. WILDs

Previous topic - Next topic

Asif

I'm trying to determine whether my experiences are Real-Time Projections or WILDs (wake-induced lucid dream).  They typically start with me waking up and finding my body to be suddenly charged with energy.  Today when that happened, I attempted to leave my body.  I thought I was successful, but when I tried opening my projected eyes (I almost always have vision problems in projections), I opened my physical eyes instead.  I closed my eyes and got out again and did a few flips/somersaults.  I couldn't move much so in frustration I gritted my teeth and then realized that I gritted my physical teeth.  

There was not a break in consciousness through the whole experience, but I know that both WILDs and Real-Time Projections share that aspect.  What do you need to do differently to have a Real-Time Projection that you can objectively validate?

Potatis

This is an interesting question I think, since I was just reading through this in Astral Dynamics last night. From what I read, Robert seemed to be saying that projections from WILDs are actually more realistic than a conscious real time projection.

About these WILDs, Robert Bruce writes "Although this is technically a lucid dream, it can be aptly called the ultimate out-of-body experience as it has many similarities with a conscious-exit OBE"

He says "A lucid dream projection is essentially no different from a conscious-exit projection"

Robert goes on to say that both have the same distinct feeling that you are out of body. However Robert says that the only difference of note is that the lucid dream projection is far more realistic and true to life than are projections or normal lucid dreams.

He says that sensations such as gravity, weight and feel of the physical body, it's ability to taste and smell, and feel pleasure or pain, limitations of solid matter, the feeling of temperature etc., are all indistinguishable from true life perceptions, when projecting to a WILD.

I can't see much difference between the method of inducing a WILD and a RTZ projection. So it's fair to wonder which one it is you are experiencing. It'll make me wonder from now on.

I hope others with experience may be able to expand on what Robert Bruce has written.

Potatis.

Swarooptheone

I have had a lot of WILDs,  and a few APs .

And, there are people who confuse WILDs with APs and then, extrapolate it, and suggest the AP phenomenon is biological .
You are invited to visit my online art gallery.
http://swaroop.deviantart.com/store/