Dreaming I'm Astral Projecting?

Previous topic - Next topic

Garrettb20

So two weeks ago I started practicing astral projection. I've done it every day and think I'm getting close. The closest I've gotten was a few days ago when I woke up and stayed in sleep paralysis. Then I started visualizing rising up and I started getting hallucinations and then I became aware of my non moving neck and thought I was choking lol and snapped back in to my body. My question is that three times I've "dreamed" that I have gotten even closer to astral projecting. I say dreamed because I cannot tell if  I'm really doing it or I'm dreaming that I'm doing it. I will go to sleep, wake up different times remembering dreams, then go back to sleep. Then during the night, I'll be in my bed seeing my eyes closed and start to try to rise up. I then will experience hallucinations and the sensation of astral projecting. Then after pretty much getting out, I wake up like normal and remember that along with other "dreams". Have you guys experienced this? And do you think it is me actually trying it and I'm just still in a very sleepy state or am I just thinking about astral projection so much that I've started dreaming about it? Curious on your guy's takes.

Volgerle

I'll state what many here already concluded by themselves, but which is also esoteric/occult teaching:

Dreaming is Astral Projection, just with your subconscious at the steering wheel.

You were already projecting. You always do when you dream, most of the times you just don't remember it.

Were you lucid? It seems so according to your description.

Hence, you were lucid dreaming and / or APing.

8-)

Contenteo

I'll second Volgerie.

It sounds like there was some bit of false awakening in those experiences you were having.

As for 'Were you projecting?'

Well, there is many levels of drowsiness that can some when in a dream state. I have experienced all sorts.
I call these projections some times, as I can deduce what is occuring, but I think the true projection state most are after is that ultra crisp one.

I think you'll find that these are unmistakable. The level of awareness in these experiences easily exceeds waking awareness.

Best on your travels, and congrats.

Cheers,
Contenteo

Lionheart

Quote from: Contenteo on November 27, 2013, 23:58:33
I'll second Volgerie.

Well, there is many levels of drowsiness that can some when in a dream state. I have experienced all sorts.
I call these projections some times, as I can deduce what is occuring, but I think the true projection state most are after is that ultra crisp one.

I think you'll find that these are unmistakable. The level of awareness in these experiences easily exceeds waking awareness.
I will third Volgerle and agree with Contenteo as well. Both have given excellent explanations here!  :-)

The level of awareness sometimes exceeds the waking awareness so much or is right on par with it, that we don't even know we are Dreaming/Projecting, even when we are living the scenario for as long as it takes to complete.

But we are still fully aware of it. We only know it was indeed a Dream/Projection after we have awaken from it.