Dreaming obe

Previous topic - Next topic

Karxx Gxx

ok, this should answer all obe dreams. If you Obe in a dream is it an obe? well, if you OBE and it is not in your envirment. like you obe and you are still in the dream with zombies and what not.
I ask this because people say that if you OBE in a dream you obe. Isnt OBE closest plane or whatever its called to our earth? wouldnt you see your family, kitchen or whatever you would see in your room if your awake?
Your way is The way

Xanth

Terms... meanings... bleh...

People need to seriously stop confusing themselves with all the different categorizations that they read about.

I know, I know... what I'm going to say next is really doing the above... BUT, I break it down into something sooooooooo easy and simple that it's not possible to be confused.
I break it down into the most basic of experiences.

Experiences you have "here" (in this physical reality)
and
Experiences you have "not here" (not in this physical reality)

See?  It's really simple.
If you have an experience and it didn't happen in this physical reality, then it was an "obe", "projection", "phasing", "dream", "lucid dream", whatever you wanna call it... that's what it was.
In the end, don't worry about what category it was, because it really doesn't matter in the slightest... the important part is that you HAD an experience.  Log it and go on your merry way.  :)

Karxx Gxx

Quote from: Ryan_ on August 19, 2011, 22:51:23

People need to seriously stop confusing themselves with all the different categorizations that they read about.

In the end, don't worry about what category it was, because it really doesn't matter in the slightest... the important part is that you HAD an experience.  Log it and go on your merry way.  :)

Yea, thats true it doesnt really matter the category. never really saw it like that but its so simple right? lol
Your way is The way

astraladdict

The debate on if OBE is the same as LD is a big controversy, everybody has their opinions. Mine, i think your dreams are different than a OBE.

~astraladdict
My smile tells lies, but my eyes tell the truth...

Xanth

Quote from: astraladdict on August 20, 2011, 10:22:26
The debate on if OBE is the same as LD is a big controversy, everybody has their opinions. Mine, i think your dreams are different than a OBE.

~astraladdict
It's also a stupid debate.  So let's really try to not get into it again.  LOL

astraladdict

Quote from: Ryan_ on August 20, 2011, 10:35:31
It's also a stupid debate.  So let's really try to not get into it again.  LOL

LOL i had no intention of starting it up again. I got annoyed when that was the main topic awhile ago

~astraladdict
My smile tells lies, but my eyes tell the truth...

Summerlander

This is my understanding of it:

Waking State:

Also known as wakefulness.  In this state, people perceive the physical realm.  An individual who is awake is conscious, self-aware, and there is realism of perception.  The environment is stable and there is no required effort to enter this state.  The perceived world seems to follow set rules, and, only on a quantum level, do things appear to be less logical and more uncertain.

Dream State:

This entails non-lucid dreams and falling asleep is all that is needed to enter this state.  Self-awareness is absent and the unconscious mind often rules over the conscious one.  The dreamer is immersed in plots and often detached from waking life memories.  The experience can be vivid or vague, and, despite the instability, the illogical is accepted as being logical and true.  Certain techniques can be employed to boost dream recall.

Phase State:

This entails out-of-body experiences (OOBEs or OBEs) and lucid dreams.  Both are one and the same as a practitioner of this state has the distinct sensation of being elsewhere other than the physical body.  This elusive state can be entered before, during, and after sleep.  Effort is required in order to enter the phase voluntarily, although, some experiences are induced involuntarily.  The practitioner is conscious and self-aware in what appears to be a reality of a mental nature which often emulates the waking state experience.  One perceives a realistic phantom reality that can surpass the quality of the waking world, and, although phase environments can appear stable, they can also transmute.  It is possible to slip into the dream state from here and vice versa.

schockstuhh

Quote from: Kaje The Astral Newbie on August 20, 2011, 06:58:42
Yea, thats true it doesnt really matter the category. never really saw it like that but its so simple right? lol

It could be seen as that simple, but it doesn't hurt to ask questions about the state or nature of your non-physical experience. I've had experiences that are quite similar to the movie inception. I've had dreams where I astral project within the dream. I'll be sleeping in a completely different room IN MY DREAM and I'll even feel the vibrations and all that stuff IN MY DREAM and then I'll have a projection IN MY DREAM.

the8reader

i just break it down to how much control i had or have. and the amount of clarity... like this.

Reg dream= nothing remembered when you wake up.. most of the world does this

Not so reg dream= remember bits and pieces, no control. kinda like watching a movie

Lucid dream= some control some clarity and remember most of what happend

Good lucid dream= good control good clarity and remember all of it will detail..

Obe/ap= this can come from a lucid dream. most control most clarity. can ask things and interact with things.

so not the best break down but i didn't have much time.. all in all its all and out of body experience.. it just depends how much control clarity and how much you remember. that is what makes the categories i think anyways.. its all the same just diff levels of conciseness. thats how i break it down if i need to..
is it bad when your dreams are better than real life!

Summerlander

I love you all.  You are the best things that's happened to me.  I love your perspectives.  I love you all xxxxxxxx

Boom

I really like Summerlanders terms, as i think it sums it up nicely for me.

I have had dreams where I was astral projecting or going out of body. But thats because it was on my mind strongly and so i was dreaming about it, but i wasnt actually doing it :)

Summerlander

That's true.  Sometimes, within the dream, the individual really enters the phase.  But for that to happen they have to be fully conscious and self-aware.  There is indeed a difference between dreaming about being in the phase and actually being in the phase.

Here's something from my journal which sort of illustrates what I'm trying to get across:

21/06/2011:

"This experience started off in a dream about me visiting my mother in East London and staying the night.  She prepared the little bedroom for me which overlooks Canary Wharf.  I falsely awoke in that room, unaware that I was dreaming, of course, and decided not to move in order to induce an OOBE from the hypnopompic state.  One might say that I dreamed up the vibrations that ensued and the separation, which, by the way, were no different to that experienced at the start of a wake-induced phase entry.  Once I was out, I knew I was in the phase - as I noticed that the vivid room interior wavered briefly - and yet, I still believed that I had really gone to my mother's for a sleepover.  I glided through the window to the outside to find a substantial city under a captivating sky.  The more I explored the city, as I flew over it, the less it looked like Canary Wharf.  It didn't take long for me to realise that I was really asleep at my house and that I had become lucid in a dream by deciding to enter the phase.  This discovery seemed to have reinforced sustenance of the phase state..."

It seems that the more I remembered what I had done in the waking state (such as really being asleep at my house rather than my mum's) the stronger the phase became.  According to brain scans, it appears that the phase is a hybrid state between waking and REM dreaming.  All states can be experienced to varying degrees.  A dream can be vivid or vague.  A phase can be deep and highly detailed or lacking sensory input and appear ghostly (there are techniques to deepen it which rely on sensory amplification).  Likewise, the waking state can be experienced with a strong focus or the opposite.

Last night, I experienced the waking state from a drunken point of view.  :-D

schockstuhh

Quote from: Summerlander on August 21, 2011, 19:13:50
I love you all.  You are the best things that's happened to me.  I love your perspectives.  I love you all xxxxxxxx

<3

Summerlander

Xanth

Summerlander!  Would you stop posting pictures of yourself!!   :evil: :-D

Summerlander

LOL!  That's me alright!  :-D