Dreams becoming more and more real/lucid

Previous topic - Next topic

clandestino

Hi there Draege !

I hope that you have some success soon - it sounds to me like you will.
quote:
Anyway I'm at the point where I feel my very next try could be successful.

I reckon that a person's ability to have an OBE is a function of their willingness to believe in it. Any doubts at all will get in the way of succeeding, concious or unconcious.

By the way, i'm going to give your "sing to yourself" techinque a go, and see what happens !
regards,
Mark
I'll Name You The Flame That Cries

Blackstream

I have the ability to "trick" myself into actually hearing a song.  I don't know how I do it, but basically I listen to the sounds around me, imagine with all my power that I can actually hear the song being played in the distance, and eventually I'll start hearing it.  Gets a tad bit annoying after hearing the words "YMCA" over and over because they can't learn anything else tho:p

What I hadn't thought of is why it works.  Maybe somehow my intense thought was creating the song in the astral realm, then I listened to it with... astral ears?

Either way, maybe your method is tuning into these "astral sense" by trying to hear something like that, and so it helps pull you out.  Dunno
There is no spoon

holy reality

i also turn outside noises into songs or other sounds...

like when my dogs were barking while i was trying to OBE (they snapped me out of near hypnagogic states a lot but I managed to go pretty far before I got mad and broke concentration and turned the fan on high to drown them out) I would hear muffled bark mixed with the fan whir and then they would stop barking but I'd still be hearing them in my head but the source of the sound was coming from the fan.

a few times i've used that trick to fall asleep at night... i don't know why hearing dogs in my head makes me tired and hearing them in real life keeps me up, but it seems to work.

as for the songs, i hate having songs in my head so i usually try to avoid thinking about music as much as possible.

one weird thing though was this one time i was listening to Tool's third eye and when it was over I put my headphones up and passed out all of a sudden (i have no memory of passing out though) while i was out i heard the entire song in my head, and when it was over i woke up and thought i had been listening to it for real, so i reached up to take my headphones off and was surprised (to say the least) when i noticed i didn't have any on.

i'm not sure how it was triggered but it probably had something to do with me playing the song in my head then going into a detached semi-sleep state...

so i guess that is a very effective method if you know how to do it !

(also listening to the ringing in your ears helps a lot too)
!..............!

Draege

Since I've been practicing OBE (haven't made it yet) over the last couple months, things have been happening.. My dreams are becoming very real.. The other night I had a dream that involved the end of the world. The sky started changing and fire was raining down. I felt happy, almost blissful, and I was at peace with the fact that I was going to die.. The dream was so vivid, and the emotion I felt was VERY real. I've never experienced this before.

Before, sometimes I could remember various details from a dream but mostly just the overall idea / storyline and unless I made sure to commit them to memory I'd have forgotten by the next day. But now I'm waking up and remembering exact details, every detail for that matter, of my dreams. Its crazy stuff...

I also feel as though I'm getting closer and closer to OBE. I've learned more that its all about relaxation.. In my practice attempts I was trying to 'feel' the OBE, or sense it, etc etc.. Using techniques never worked for me much as my body would tense like an automatic trigger of trying to focus too hard on some visualization or whatnot.. Anyway I'm at the point where I feel my very next try could be successful.

Also a technique I'm using now that seems unbelievably effective for me and its something that's easy for me to do without tensing up or trying to over-focus. Imagine a song in your head only imagine your voice singing it. That's it.. I don't know why it works so well. Maybe because your subconcious wants to believe its an outside 'you' performing it and thus puts pressure on your astral body. Who knows. Anyway, maybe some others could have success with it too.