Think I Was Close

Previous topic - Next topic

jaystre

Hi all,

I'm totally new to this so any help would be brilliant.

Right i'll start from the beggining

On Monday I came across this site by chance and started reading the posts with great interest. The though of leaving my body and walkiing around my neighbourhood got me so excited that I thought I'd give A.P'ing a go. I'm pretty spirtiual anway. I've tried for the past two nights...

Night 1...

Just concentrated on my breathing. I can get into a kind of trance pretty fast and afterv a little while I started to sort of...shake. Not violently. Probably the virbrations people are speaking of.

Anyway I imagined the rope above me and reached out for it. Every time I tried pulling it I kind of just didnt get anywhere. I felt like I was getting somewhere though...

Night 2...

This was pretty mad. I did the same, got the vibrations and attempted the rope tehcnique...

After about three attempts I actually felt the top half of my body rise from the bed. Like I was sitting up. At that point I nearly soiled myself and must of panicked because I hit the bed with a thud.

It felt so real though. I mean as though I'd just actually hit the bed with a thud. Am I doing it right? Does it feel that real?

My last question is what am I expected to see? Obviously it was dark in my room anyway, but when I pulled meself on the rope to where it felt I was sitting up it was still just like it is when my eyes are closed. I could just see..well...nothing.

At what point should I start to see my surroundings?

Any help would be brilliant. I'll keep trying the rope (or any other techn iques people reccomend).

Have a great weekend everyone

Jay

WarpedReality

Since I'm such a nice guy, here's a list of my most important factors in a successful exit:

While attempting to exit your body, maintain a slight curiosity but don't become anxious or excited. You need to control your emotions or else you will be thrown out of the trance state.

Try your exits in the morning. Wake up after 6 hours of sleep, stay up for 15 minutes, and then try exiting. I have had 4 out of 5 successful attempts using this technique.

Practice your relaxation and reaching deep levels of focus. You HAVE to learn to silence all internal dialog. Each time you think about the exam you have to study for or the project at work, you will be taking a step back.[/list:u]

I hope this helps you realize the importance of focus and control.

CFTraveler

To add to warped's nice advice:

You couldn't see because you were still attached to your body.  When  you separate you sometimes are blind because your consciousness is still being shared by both etheric and material bodies.  If you get away from your body you may get your vision back.  If you still can't see- go through a wall.  Not only is this cool, it help you get your etheric sight, or astral sight, or whatever you want to call it.

Battousai

You got to the vibration stage the first night trying ??

lucky sod..