dot/pinpoint of light

Previous topic - Next topic

rodentmouse

i  sometimes  get a  white smodge,  but im pretty sure its  my  brow  chakra,  and its much bigger than a dot.

but ive heard of  the  dot... SAS soldiers are trained  to  focus on  a  white  dot  behind there closed eyes  if they ever get tortured.

lateralus897

Thanks for your reply, very interesting. I'm gonna assume that not many people know too much about this because I'm not getting many responses. I'll just try experimenting with it and see what I learn. If anything results, I'll post it if I feel it's worth posting.

Kodemaster

Thank you for posting this!

I don't know if it's the same thing, but I have always had a green dot in the center of my visual field...just slightly off center maybe.

I always thought it was from staring at the sun when I was a child...but who knows; it could be something much more meaningful.

I never thought of it that way...

I almost always see it when my eyes are closed...I don't know if I can make it appear with my eyes open (tried it now/didn't work).

Let me know what you find out! :)

Take care,
JenX
Choose empathy. It costs nothing.
Curious about #Welsh? https://www.youtube.com/@JenXOfficialEDM Learn with us!

lateralus897

Hm, very interesting. You're saying you can voluntarily make it appear? For me, it just kinda happens every now and then. And also, i forgot to mention that it is different colors on different occasions. I have seen red, yellow, and most of the time, white (probably others, its difficult to remember.

Kodemaster

quote:
Originally posted by lateralus897

Hm, very interesting. You're saying you can voluntarily make it appear? For me, it just kinda happens every now and then. And also, i forgot to mention that it is different colors on different occasions. I have seen red, yellow, and most of the time, white (probably others, its difficult to remember.

Most of the time it just kinda appears...however, I can sometimes make it appear if I focus right...

I just tried it now...it's morning and it's light out...it appeared whitish-pink against my pinkish eyelids...I tried it again...now it appeared in several different places near the center of my visual field...white, pink, and dark like green...I believe the main one, however, is the one that usually appears dark just right of the center, which I just saw.

I don't know if it is the same one appearing in different places or several different ones.

I am going to keep experimenting with this. Thanks for bringing it up, as I never really paid much attention.

Weirdly enough, subconsciously I think I have noticed that this activity has increased since I have gotten into astral projection. I just never fully consciously realised it...I believe the white dots started appearing after I started getting into projecting...before I always had just the green one...even as a child.

Sometimes I can even make them appear in full-waking consciousness, with my eyes open...this is coming back to me now...I never paid full attention to this ability, but it has been in the corner of my mind. I never thought of it directly, head-on.

I'll let you kow what else I find.
JenX

kromeknight

Hello the dot you see can be a way to have an OBE. I'm reading an online book by Robert Paterson and he uses the dot in one of his techniques. Hope that helps... I'm sure if we can post links but message me a I will gladly give it to you.
good luck
p.s at the end of this chap: is an exercise using the light.
http://www.robertpeterson.org/chap15.html

Nick

Usually when I am at that relaxed mind asleep/body awake state I will get a little white dot that seems to move across the field.

The post by kromeknight on Robert Peterson is interesting. I read his books last year and didn't have the dot experience until the last couple of months. Now I'm interested in reading what he says about using it in a technique so I'll follow up on that link. Thanks.
"What lies before us, and what lies behind us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us...." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Kodemaster

BTW Nick and Lateralus, I like your avatars =]
JenX

terrance

Terrill Willson in his book
"How I Learned Soul Travel..." talks about this dot.  In conjunction with the high pitched noise that can sometimes be heard whilst meditating he used it to maintain focus towards the goal of exiting.  If I remember correctly he believed that the dot was an important part of producing an obe.

I'll dig it out and see if there is anything specific mentioned if you like.
regards
t

Nick

Jen,

This is a little off topic, so I apologize. Thanks for the compliment re the avatar. If you're interested go to http://www.webshots.com

They have a huge photo gallery. I just typed in "chakras" in the search engine and a number of pictures came up. Then I saved it and uploaded it here.

Very best,
"What lies before us, and what lies behind us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us...." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

lateralus897

I have heard this mentioned before, but never explained. I'm not too advanced in my practices yet, have not successfully recalled a projection, but i see this spec of light in what looks like the center of my vision all the time. 9/10 times it is with my eyes closed, either laying down and relaxing, or even just blinking during the day will cause me to see it. But I also see it in my plain sight, eyes open, although usually just for a brief second (whereas I can examine it for a few minutes in a relaxed/trance state). Anybody know anything about this? maybe if this is a good/bad/neutral thing? Any responses are greatly appreciated.