Etheric travelling

Previous topic - Next topic

stiev

Has anyone had any experiences with etheric travelling? It's different to astral travelling. In this form of transportation, you leave the physical body in the etheric body, or aura. You don't travel on the astral plane, but the physical.

Therefore, theoretically anyway, you can fly through the air, travel around the world, in and out of buildings, through walls, and anywhere you want to go.

Have you ever had an experience like this? How did you do it?

CFTraveler

I call this having an RTZ OBE.

Novice

Its a matter of symantics with this stuff. To me what you describe is an OBE. I define this as an experience in the etheric body on the etheric plane (also called the Real Time Zone). You cannot leave the physical body and travel in the physical plane though. Each plane has a unique vibration to it. The physical body operates in the physical plane; the etheric body operates in the etheric plane; and so on. The etheric plane, however, is the closest plane to the physical and depending upon the level of awareness of the individual, can resemble the physical in great detail. However, it is also common to experience dream overlays here due to low or poor awareness at the time. For example windows appearing where there shouldn't be any, houses or ponds in places that are incorrect, that type of thing. These are all normal.

I define astral projection as being in the astral plane and astral traveling. This particular forum is focused on the Out of Body Experience -- which is what you are describing -- an experience taking place in the etheric plane. So read through and while you'll see many people refer to astral projection here, many (not all) use that term to describe both experiences. However, you can usually tell from their description if they are describing AP vs OBE. The most common being the awareness of having a body. When in the astral, you are rarely aware of having a body (I never notice one when I'm there). However, when in the etheric, there is the definate sensation of seperating from the body and the conscious awareness of having a body in that plane. So those two items should help you when reading through posts trying to determine of someone is describing an AP or OBE.

As to anyone here experiencing this, yes. Many people here have. And many others are here to learn how to. This is the whole purpose of this particular forum. If you are just starting out with this stuff, I suggest browsing the Astral FAQ section as well as the Permanent Astral Topics section. They both include many techniques for both AP and OBE. They also included posts/articles on the theory behind each as well as common experiences/senses used to guide people as they are just learning.

If you have specific questions, you can try the search engine or post a question on the forum.
Reality is what you perceive it to be.

stiev

Thanks, Novice. I wasn't aware that ether is a whole dimension. My experiences have been astral, and yes, come to think of it, I have very rarely noticed my body in the astral.

I guess on the etheric plane you'd see people's auras, so this could be quite good for working out what health and other problems people have.

Theoretically, I wonder if you could travel around and observe people without them seeing you. Does anyone else etheric travel?

Job

I've managed to get into the etheric two or three times.

There is a state (trance-like) that's its possible to get in to sometime before the physical body falls asleep. I can't really describe the state in words (it's very real though and can be accompanied with different sensational experiences)...

I say sensational experiences, instead of sensations, because the word "sensation" is usually used to explain astral experiences (which are usually more surreal). This, on the other hand, was much more 'real' than most astral experiences. Astral projection, compared to this, most of the time is just a subtle transition.

In this state, the Jinn state, there is a genuine feeling of trance-dimensional shift (like being caught in a bizaar rift). It's hard to explain...the right words just don't come to mind...

Anyhow, the transition into the state of Jinn feels this way because it is actually happening to the physical body (not the etheric). After the transition the result is the pentration of the physical body--via transdimensional rift--into the etheric plane.

Upon return to the physical plane of regular existence, memories come back as conretely as you are now reading this post. Astral memories can sometimes be unclear, broken, or don't come back at all. Etheric rift is different--because the actual physical body is used. I think the etheric body might also be usable, but this is the greater experience I have with the etheric (two of three experiences).

One of the other two times I did this--the first time--I managed to bring the etheric rift about by will. I had been practicing a certain method at the time which helped to do this. The entering of the etheric plane was just as concrete (if not more) than anything in everyday existence.

The second time of the three, though, was vague and surreal. Maybe that was actually etheric projection (etheric body), rather than than etheric rift (physical body) .

The third time was concrete, like the first. The body naturally went into a state of jinn (this time I didn't bring it about by will).

Also, if I'm not mistaken, it seems possible to remain in the etheric plane (with the physical body) as long as one desires. Return happens at will.

Woah

A lot of people think where you go in the etheric is more of a mirror reflection of our physical universe, not exactly it.

Job

The astral is a mirror, with more places. The astral is just as real as the physical plane too, if not more. To bring back concrete astral memories there must be a certain degree of consciousness upon return (no subconscious interferences).

With astral travel, the memories are transfered back to the physical brain. With etheric rift, the brain is receiving the memories directly.

Job

Interesting point though (the etheric could be more similar to the physical plane). I only have a small bit of information to go against that--my second experience.

I've also been to the causal plane ( no I'm not trying to cash all my eggs in one basket :) lol ), with the memories coming back less conretely (transference and subconscious interference).

Synergy

The Rosicrucians teach that the etheric plane is actually a part of the physical plane.  They separate the physical plane into 2 main sections, the chemical region and the etheric region.  In all, they teach there are seven sub planes within the physical plane, and the top 4 (by density / vibration) are etheric in nature... these are chemical ether, life ether, light ether, and reflecting ether. Since the etheric region is a part of the physical, this is why you can project there and still see the physical world in real-time... or near real time.

The vital body (made of ether) also called the etheric body, is the vehicle within which you experience etheric projections.  The etheric body resides in the physical body permeating it and extending past it by about 1.5 inches.  It retains the same shape as the physical body and is like an exact copy even down to organs.

I have had spontaneous OBEs all my life, and the majority were etheric in nature.  Many people have etheric projections... in fact the typical OBE floating over the body etc are etheric projections.

I have been a rosicrucian now for about a year and their teachings are deep.. and make so much sense.  Has anyone else here studied OBEs from the Rosicrucian perspective?
My Site: SPIRIT-QUEST An OBE community w/ mbr jrnls, ebook lib, music dlds, video, forum & more! 
Read my free 105 pg OBE E-Book

Job

Most of the astral OBEs I hear about are vague and accompanied with dream scenes. Two of the etheric experiences I had were as substantial as everyday existence and not accompanied with dream images (although I've had astral experiences as substantial as everyday existence).

When I penetrated the etheric for the third time I could feel euphoria which might have been emanating from the plane (it was euphoriatic, unlike the physical plane). I "knew" I was in the etheric, with the physical body. When I came back to the physical plane the memories where there 'solidly' (didn't transfer back). The second time I mentioned, the etheric experience was surreal (I was using a method taught by a being with an awakened consciousness). The memories in this experience were and are vague and surreal...

The first and third experiences I still remember clearly (though the first happened years ago). The second is unclear and I don't remember it all...

I have astral experiences all the time. They are not usually as substantial as those two etheric ones (due to my level of consciousness in the astral and upon return); my memories are also hindred at times do to there transference from the astral body to the physical body (through subconscious interferences, which I have been able to perceive blogging memories). In my experience, astral projection occurs naturally at the onset of sleep. I've fallen asleep a number of times, only to end up conscious in the astral plane.

CFTraveler

Job wrote:
QuoteI've also been to the causal plane
Can you describe it for me?  Thanks.

Job

Why? Go there yourself.

As far as I saw, there's not so much special about it (although it's different from the physical plane). It's like the astral almost, though awareness through the senses there is generally higher.

I don't care about really convincing anyone that I've been there. I'll just say, it's possible to get there with a clear mind (through meditation).

I gave a drone mantra (continual, unbroken, single-syllabic chant) out on the forum some time ago that's very good at doing that. The mantra was probably thought to be too simple and insignificant.

Hagethuriel

Imho , I  define OBE as any out of body experience including but limited to mystic and etheric projections
in the lower middle and upper planes .

I feel the Higher Spiritual Realms are the 5th to 12th planes and include those referenced as
monadic , shamballic , logoic and elohim , Kether , Adi , Devine etcetera .

I see Astral Planes as the Middle Realms including a lower middle and upper Astral .
I feel that the Upper Astral blends into the Monadic Plane so that the lowest of the higher planes is integrated into the highest of the Astral Planes .

I feel that the Etheric is all around the physical plane . There is a etheric double above and below each home and each city but less obvious is the periphereal etheric plane which blends subtlely into adjacent areas .

The lower planes begin with the SubEtheric and descend past what is called the Sea of Lost Souls , the Hels and The Magico -Elemental Realm .

Paradoxically , The bottom becomes the top in a loop so above the highest plane is the lowest one at what has been described as the clasp on the necklace of the cosmic stones .Each layer is in another stone .

The Etheric above a city is a duplicate but it has no pollution , less life forms and it is non temporally stable . So that a building that is burnt down on the physical material plane may still have a decaying etheric presence . Similarly one that has been recently constructed on the Earth plane may lack an etheric double until life within it sends up a wake of etheric vibrations appearing like a shadow on a wall .

The SubEtheric is often dark and dreary lacking much of what exists above . It must be shielded and protected around a temple , altar , bedroom or home because it is a weak area . All that we purge from our body in negative toxins and stale prana falls thru the floor into the subetheric . If it is shielded and cleansed it becomes like  a mulch pit for lawn clippings but if it is ignored , it may build up all we which to get rid of and become a danger .

The RTZ is a term coined by Robert Bruce . It is the Real Time Zone . It denotes the temporarily stable dimension of the material plane . The time and place you appear to project to are in sync with the real world and the clairient live ones will sense your presence .

To attain the etheric merely vibe out of the Earth Stone which is the male tan tien , energy storage centre around the red and orange chakras . Males from the front and right are advantaged and females from the left and rear .

Protect
Power Up
Ly down in a fetal pose
bring the lower legs into alignment
when the vibes begin
separate and lift up into the Etheric .

The Etheric can be distinguished from the Astral because it is more real in appearance . The Astral is the veil between the Etheric and the Spiritual Realms and as such it is lacking a floor or a ceiling , a ground or a sky . It seems hallucinogenic and psychodelic to me . But the Etheric is like a Black and White movie version of a town on a foggy rainy day when the streets are deserted .

The advantages of the Astral imho are that one can easily connect with a live projector , a dreamer or a destination .

The advantages of the Etheric are that one can run through an empty town with a live projector and enjoy
a dream like scene bordering on reality .

"Yes there are two paths . You can go back , but in the long run , there's still time to change the road you're on " ~ Led Zeppelin

Gandalf

Etheric travel is when you create a second body to project to the real time zone (physical).

You do not actually need to create a second body but most people do automatically as it is more comfortable to have the sensation of a body around you as you travel. The form this body takes various on the individual's expectations. It may resemble a ball of energy or it may be a duplicate of your physical form.

Etheric bodies are created from etheric energy which is created by the physical body's energy centres. The body only exists for the duration of your experience and then dissolves once your focus re-centres on your physical body again.

However once you get to understand the mechanism you can also dispence with the etheric completely and project as a point of consciousness alone.

Doug
"It is to Scotland that we look for our idea of civilisation." -- Voltaire.

Hagethuriel

Quote from: Gandalf on November 19, 2006, 11:09:15
Etheric travel is when you create a second body to project to the real time zone (physical).
I disagree. Although one can project an etheric body to the RTZ . Etheric travel is related to those  projections to the Ethereal Plane /Etheric Realm also .

The RTZ is not the etheric and it might be useful to coin a new term for the projection of an energy double that attains the RTZ in projection . I think that the RTZ body is differentiated from the Etheric or Astral Body subtlely . These project from the male tan tien , Earth Stone but the quality is intrinsically different in that the heavier RTZ has more earth and water in it .

The progression is imo ;
Lower : earth and water only , no fire or air
RTZ    : earth , water , fire , air  as on physical plane but in an energy double
Etheric: less earth and water than the RTZ
Astral  : even less earth and water ,  much more fire and air
Higher  : no earth or water energy only  fire and air energy
"Yes there are two paths . You can go back , but in the long run , there's still time to change the road you're on " ~ Led Zeppelin

psychonaut

stiev,

yeah i've had one...it was my first experience i called astral projection.

In short, I floated around my house and through one wall outdoors and back in like butter, and after floating through my house while doing a 1080 (three spins) I managed to crack open a door and slipped through the crack outside.
        I then decided to fly but only floated up about 25 feet until I tumbled back onto some neighbor's lawn and bounced off of it and floated floated up right outside some little girl's window who was going to bed and her mom was behind her. I felt I didn't want scare them so I went back down.
        The whole experience I was in semi-control of my movements...like what i wanted would happen, but HOW it happened was not in full control. 
        Later I was transported to a forest meadow which felt like a crime scene and I saw what I thought was a psychic detective. The reason I say this was "etheric" was because after I saw her I floated quickly toward her after she saw me...and I gave her a hug. To my surprise I saw my outstretched arms were transparent with a bluish-white outline formed of many tiny dots!!
        It was then I asked myself if I was a ghost, and maybe subconsciously thought I was dead and got scared, but I then woke up in my physical.

p.s. I went down to my bedroom to write down this amazingly unique experience of mine I turned on the radio and the whole lyrics to the song that played was this:

Sweet berries ready for two, ghosts no different then you.
Ghosts are now waiting for you all.
Are you...

Dreaming! Dreaming the night! Dreaming all right!

Do we! Do we know, when we FLY?
Where do, where do we go when we DIE?
my brains are scrambled. my head's an egg.

Hagethuriel

Syncronicity when life appears as the song on the radio !

Here is the rest of the song by System of a Down ;
4/7/2006 - Question
Kategori: Lyrics
"Question!"

Sweet berries ready for two ghosts are no different than you.
Ghosts are now waiting for you.
Are you...
Are you...

When we, when we go
Do we die?

Are you...
Are you...

When we, when we go
Do we die

LALALALALALLALAALALALALALAALALALALA

Do we, do we know
When we fly
When we, when we go
Do we die

System of a Down - Question

Lysear

Anthroposophy defines the Etheric body as the body of life.

It is the animating principle that is commmon in all kingdoms from Plant up to human (not in the mineral kingdom.)
  When the Etheric body separates from the physical, according the anthroposophy, the physical body will die.

I think therefore, that my idea of an etheric body, and your idea of the etheric body are different. The etheric body however, does make it possible for human beings to have a certain type of conciousness. This body is the home of the memory. It is where a persons memory is imprinted. This is apparent when considering that when a human dies, the etheric body , (after a few days) separates, and the life panorama is visible, until the etheric body dissipates into the world ether.

Perhaps then, in terms of the anthroposophical approach, the etheric travel you talk about, could have more in common with astral travel.

what does everybody think of this?

andonitxo

The etheric plane is that in between the physical and the astral ones. All the paranormal effects you can attain, as telekinesis and so, are produced by the effect of the etheric matter on the physical plane.

You can find a very good exercise to etherically project in "art and practice of astral projection" by Ophiel, or look for the "little method" in the internet.

In my opinion is one of the best method I've ever found, because you're in total control of the process... and I mean total. You don't have to wait for vibes, or for a certain mind state. You just have to work hardly on a daily routine following some simple instructions.

I'd give it a try.

Ah, by the way. The author also states that after mastering this method you automatically start to project upwards, entering the astral at will from below.