Everything You Could Ever Want To Know About SLEEP PARALYSIS

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumaza

I wanted to put this in this section because I am hoping that through Bedeekin's research and other members posts and replies here that the phenomenon of Sleep Paralysis has already been explained.

Now Hollywood wants to get the "fear juices" flowing again by this new movie coming out named "The Nightmare".
https://vimeo.com/125421779

I do agree though that SP can be one of the most terrifying experiences you will ever have. That is if your not in the "know". I have had some incredible SP experiences myself and still do today. Once you learn to overcome and face it head on you will see that you have opened up to a whole new sense of awareness. You will be consciously projecting.

Tonight January 2nd 2016 on Coast to Coast AM (check your am radio for time schedules), they are going to have the Director of the show plus a experiencer as the Guests. Here is the header to that show.
" The horror of sleep paralysis is very real. While science can explain the biological phenomenon, what it can't explain is why so many of its sufferers see eerily similar figures of shadowy human forms. A new documentary, The Nightmare (Watch Trailer), explores the terror through the eyes of eight sufferers. The film's director, Rodney Ascher, along with Forrest Borie who's had the condition for years, join Connie Willis (email) to discuss the pain, torture, and serious horror of this mysterious and debilitating condition."

I will be listening to this and will write a edit after I hear what they have to say. But I know I won't like what I hear. These radio shows seem to love creating the "fear hype". If it gets too out of hand I will call in during the call in portion of the show and return the topic at hand back to sanity. Will they "delete or omit" my call in, I will find out?

Edit: Ok, they did air what I had to say. Rodney didn't get into the nuts and bolts/scientific/medical explanations of AP. He basically spoke on the making of his movie and some of his own and other people's experiences with SP. He did bring up though that some people have reported that SP led to a AP/OBE.

In the first hour of the show, the guest was a gentleman named Forrest, who is a SP experiencer. The one question I really wanted to ask him was why he didn't research the topic any further. Connie asked him why or if he looked into it any further and he said no. But why? He stated this was the single most terrifying thing as person can experience. He was supposedly even in the movie. But still he didn't want to know why he was experiencing what he was. That doesn't make any sense at all to me!  :?

I did get a chance to explain some things about SP, but my words of sanity seemed to be pinned between 2 other callers of opposing views. Oh well. I wanted to say the name of this Forum here, but I don't think they allow that on the air. At least the listeners of the show heard another point of view on the topic.

All in all the discussion was handled very well. I like Connie. She doesn't subscribe to the constant fear talk like the regular host George does.

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Xanth

Came out.  On Netflix too, no less.

Please, for the love of all things holy, DO NOT watch that "movie". 
Well, I mean... watch it, but ONLY for entertainment purposes only. 

If you're hoping to learn something from it, you'll be extremely disappointed... and if you BELIEVE any of it, you're only going to scare the ever loving crap out of yourself.

DO NOT WATCH THAT MOVIE.  Bad movie is bad.

Lumaza

Quote from: Xanth on January 03, 2016, 23:29:12
Came out.  On Netflix too, no less.

Please, for the love of all things holy, DO NOT watch that "movie". 
Well, I mean... watch it, but ONLY for entertainment purposes only. 

If you're hoping to learn something from it, you'll be extremely disappointed... and if you BELIEVE any of it, you're only going to scare the ever loving crap out of yourself.

DO NOT WATCH THAT MOVIE.  Bad movie is bad.
Well now I am glad I called in to the show last night to try and create some sanity in the discussion and on the topic in general. Rodney actually seemed like he understood the phenomenon of SP. He even replied after I shared, that he too had experimented with slowing the process down and just observing it, instead of giving in to the fear. But as we all know, "fear sells", so it looks like he decided to take another path to this interpretation of the phenomenon in general.

Like Xanth said though, movies of this nature should be viewed for "pure entertainment only". I haven't seen the movie yet and don't really care to. But I can only imagine the horror that they created in it.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Positive3

I have one quesiton i have seen a shadow person in the middle of sunny day in the street he was teart tree i saw him and like he looked at me and after 5 seconds of eye contact he dissapered it wasn't like instatly dissapereaded i was looking at him a few seconds and he was looking at me so as far after this i beleive they can visit you not only in Sleep Paralysis but i don't want to insert fear cuz of this that u can also see them without SP it wasn't like just a shadow it was 1.7 Metters high Human-shaped with no face but i felt he was looking at me plus it was like he was spying i am not worried or anything but still can someone give their opinions about this?

Xanth

Positive, all you can TRULY say is that you "saw something".
It's a stretch, in my opinion, to say it *WAS* a "shadow person". 
You've already primed your mind at this point... interpretation is everything.

Have you ever saw, for example, a pile of debris from a distance and thought it was something else?  Then you walked up closer to it and realized it was just debris?

This is the same thing.  Except, you didn't get that chance to "investigate closer".

Positive3

I don't know why i forgot to mention this but there was actually another guy who saw it it happened several months ago so i don't want to look this answer like i am trying to protect my argument or something like that lol xD i just forgot so about the story me and my friend both saw it and from excitment we both like hoped cried omg did u see it ? he said to me i said to him at same moment  and i told him wait let's draw or write in paper and see if we saw same things i told him this because i wasn't sure if he was lying or not we draw same things and explained it same a shadow being with human shaped body and horn-like ears but very little... anyways you judge

But i liked your answer very much and i agree with it but in this situation there were 2 obsorveres anyways who knows xD

Lumaza

Since many people believe that what they see in a movie or video is the truth, here is a very short video that is easily understood and gets right to the heart of SP in general.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wx4B03UJ1U

Lumaza

I finally found a link where people can listen to that Coast to Coast Sleep Paralysis interview. My "call in" starts about the 2:15:00 mark of the show. All "call ins" started at about the 2:00:00 mark.

I don't know how long this link will be good though. They seem to disappear pretty quick these days! This interview link is also commercial free.
http://thevictoryreport.org/coast-to-coast-am-january-2-2016-sleep-paralysis/

fowlskins

listened to your portion and you came across really clear and explained it perfectly
the next guy was a bit to final with his point, of course you can do something about it its not easy but you have to have intent
scary excrement but like you say facing it head on and trying to turn it around or observe things objectively

Nameless

This thread sure has been going on for a long time. I want to thank everyone who contributed, it's been quite an enjoyable read. I've had SP maybe 3 or 4 times in my life and it matches pretty much with what everyone else says. So that's good and explains a lot.

However, this also brings me to why I've lately been seeking out this kind of information. I hadn't had an episode in years till recently. The first time (recently) the episode was kind of typical only I wasn't afraid bc I've been there, done that. I relaxed into it and went to sleep. But decided the next time I would try to stay awake and you know, just see what happened next. A couple of nights later I again had the vibrations, only my head had just hit the pillow and I was nowhere near asleep. I lay there a minute. The vibrations were extremely strong. I felt pressure on my leg just above the knee. I was not paralyzed.

And this is where I get lost. There was an 'alien' standing at the foot of my bed. He was pointing his finger at the point on my leg where I felt the pressure. Beyond all reason I screamed and jumped up and away from him. He stood there waiting/contemplating(?). I yelled at him, "No way in hell, you are not probing me again."

Now guys, to my knowledge I have never seen a real alien, never been abducted, never seen a UFO up close or anything. But I have on ocassion scene alien images/type things in LDs and such. I never paid them much thought.

On the surface I would describe this as just another example of SP. BUT I have my doubts. How can I know if maybe there isn't something else going on?

Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Lumaza

Quote from: Nameless on July 26, 2016, 00:19:23
On the surface I would describe this as just another example of SP. BUT I have my doubts. How can I know if maybe there isn't something else going on?
Try to film it. It works for all those "Paranormal" movies we are being bombarded with. Otherwise you always have doubts. I still doubt what is exactly happening during some of my SP episodes. I know what I read and what is said about it, but to experience it for yourself is a "whole nother" ballgame. 

I have had SP scenarios that have led to great adventures. But I have also had episodes that felt like I was "taken". ...and this is coming from someone who actually practices "non ordinary states of consciousness, often.

Nameless

Lol, I think not to taking film of it. Have not seen him again anyway and not sure if I want to. The 3 recent episodes I have had all felt 'forced'. I know I wasn't trying to do anything. I truly felt like I was being told to wake up and pay attention. All 3 were quite different from each other but the last thing I ever expected to see was an alien. I'm really not interested in playing games. If there is something they need from me they need to spell it out.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

EscapeVelocity

Nameless,
What seems to me as evident from your active presence here and the quality and knowledge of your posts, is that something has been awakened within you. The fact of this awakening is apparently being "announced" to you in a variety of ways.

Whether it is an awakening from your Higher Self, your subconscious, your Teacher/Guardian (s) or some alien intelligence, this is knowledge that you need to work out for yourself.

The fact that it is happening for you is pretty apparent to those of us who have already experienced it to varying degrees.

The SP alien stuff is pretty raw...I've been there...just go with your gut, your intuition like you are doing...you sound like you are keeping it well in balance and finding the proper perspective.

I get frustrated the same way...but they are not playing games and they will NOT spell it out for you (or me  :-D)...it is a series of teachings that come through in very symbolic and personal terms...at least during this period.

Share what you are comfortable with, because it does help others; and ask or PM anything of greater concern.

EV
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Nameless

EV,
Thank you for your reply and thoughtfulness. Since these events and since reading here I have decided to try a few things. The other night I asked to meet my guide/higher self, whatever. Immediately I saw her(?). She was a definite alien but I have yet to see any images or pictures like her. I'm really not sure how I feel about that. What's interesting is that I have seen her before, dreams and such. I had just forgotten or didn't pay attention at the time.

I don't mind discussing any of this in the open if it helps someone else. At least so far. But I think I'm a little angry at them/her. Szaxx came a bit close early on when he asked me about the 70s.

EscapeVelocity

I have tried asking for a meeting with my Guide/Higher Self but received very little that is recognizable; it seems that I am to be kept in the dark for awhile; but I do know there is activity; my experiences speak to that.

I share your sense of frustration and slight anger...it seems that this is part of the learning...

Szaxx is wonderful at touching on some of the points that awaken our memories of our energetic reality.

As long as you actively seek new experiences, you will be given them; so don't stop expecting them.

I look forward to your sharing your further adventures.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Nameless

At least I feel better knowing I'm not the only one not getting straight answers. But then again maybe we are and we are just too dense to figure it out. I don't know if you can answer this but maybe so. My guide has always appeared blue. Like a dark watery blue. Any ideas what race this might be?

Lumaza

Quote from: Nameless on July 26, 2016, 06:27:20
At least I feel better knowing I'm not the only one not getting straight answers. But then again maybe we are and we are just too dense to figure it out. I don't know if you can answer this but maybe so. My guide has always appeared blue. Like a dark watery blue. Any ideas what race this might be?
"Blue Avians" perhaps?
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=blue+avians&qpvt=blue+avians&qpvt=blue+avians&qpvt=blue+avians&FORM=IGRE

Phildan1

I have the same issue. I have never met - even not in my childhood - any guides/helpers, didn't have imagery friend. I'm very friendly, got a big willpower, I would like to meet not just humans but many more and it is like - even if I ask for some presence - nobody is out there. I only met some greys or any aliens in dreams lastly and they were very friendly as me.
It is for a reason maybe. Maybe they don't want to interfere with my learning process - or I didn't allow them to show themselves clearly and loudly in mind yet, who knows. There are some guys who can project since years or decades and rarely met any helpers (or a very few) and others are seeing them all the time. It is an individual thing maybe. We have just clues about the background works lol.
Visit my blog site: http://daily-spirit.com

Lumaza

Quote from: Phildan1 on July 26, 2016, 08:05:08
I have the same issue. I have never met - even not in my childhood - any guides/helpers, didn't have imagery friend. I'm very friendly, got a big willpower, I would like to meet not just humans but many more and it is like - even if I ask for some presence - nobody is out there. I only met some greys or any aliens in dreams lastly and they were very friendly as me.
It is for a reason maybe. Maybe they don't want to interfere with my learning process - or I didn't allow them to show themselves clearly and loudly in mind yet, who knows. There are some guys who can project since years or decades and rarely met any helpers (or a very few) and others are seeing them all the time. It is an individual thing maybe. We have just clues about the background works lol.
I have found that we see who and what we "need" to see when we need to see or experience it. I actually use that as part of my nightly affirmations. To be shown what I need to see and taught what I need to learn. Then I trust that my wishes will be answered. I use the word "Please" quite a bit too, lol, (just for extra bonus points). No, I use the word "Please" often as a show of respect.  :-)

Nameless

Lumaza, thanks for the link. Took a look but those were not even close. I figure one day I'll stumble over what I need to know. That's how it always seems to work for me.

Phildan1, I wish you success. I would say you'll meet them when the time is right but doesn't that just want to make you scream? Lol.

Phildan1

QuotePhildan1, I wish you success. I would say you'll meet them when the time is right but doesn't that just want to make you scream? Lol.

Thank you : )  I'm not that kind of screaming man. Szaxx is the man who knows I had a few weeks back a tough fear test and I didn't even run away or scream like hell lol.
Well who knows when will the time be right lol.

Nameless

Quote from: Phildan1 on July 26, 2016, 16:10:47
Thank you : )  I'm not that kind of screaming man. Szaxx is the man who knows I had a few weeks back a tough fear test and I didn't even run away or scream like hell lol.
Well who knows when will the time be right lol.

BRAVO! I thought I had gotten beyond fear of anything non-corporeal a long time ago. Till that one recent SP incident. Next time I'll channel YOU.  :-D

Phildan1

:D

Btw I can give beginners a tip if you want to experience sleep paralysis on your own. I worked it out easily, how to do it. I had never got one in my decades and I think it is not necessary for projection. You need to just imagine physically (and/or mentally) that you are on a very very strong magnetic surface. I could say on a neutron star : )
Now try to imagine - if laying on your back - that a huge pulling force (gravity of course) pulling your back, everywhere, where your body is on the bed and touches it. You feel that you are heavier and heavier and you can reach a point where it hurts really :D I don't really like it but I can do it for fun some times. Your neck could be the worst place at the peak lol.
Just feel it on your back, along where you are on the mattress.

It is just a mental work.

ww

Quote from: todd421757 on November 06, 2012, 22:15:28
This entire Sleep Paralysis article is very well written. I suggest someone should sticky this, since so many people ask questions about Sleep Paralysis.

The above Bedeekin quote is extremely important for people to understand. To me this short focused meditation or OBE technique is so important to achieve anything worthwhile with sleep paralysis. Otherwise, you are left with a groggy OBE of low quality.

The quicker the sleep paralysis induction, the better the resulting OBE is.

What is the protocol of this "short focus meditation" to induce SP please ?

Whirlwind

I've read about this...and about people's astral (subtle) bodies being stored in a high-tech cannister of sorts and "adjustments" being made, among other activities; it would seem that the Alien Greys have an obsession with souls, particularly human ones, and that although most abductions occur this way, that people usually wrongly presume that they are in their flesh when it's occurring (although physical abductions do happen).