Exhaustion in OBE

Previous topic - Next topic

Tahnor

I have managed to have 3 very short OBEs and every time I was out it felt like I weighed a ton and could hardly move. Why is this so and is there anything I can do once out to pull energy towards myself?

The technique I use, is to get into a floating sensation then begin to spin up and to the right. It is sort of a sideways corkscrew motion. Your body should be totally paralyzed by this stage. Once you feel comfortable spinning, consciously think of your body rolling out (rolling out with the direction of the spin).

SummerBreeze

How close are you staying to your physical body?  Once you get out, I would suggest moving at least 15 feet from your body-because that can make you feel "heavy" and cause you to be pushed back in, if you are too close.

Or, if you manage to get really far from your body & you still find the same things happening, try using energy raising techniques before projection.  The ones mentioned in Robert's book are great, I didn't think they would be effective for me- but they worked right off the bat.  To give a short explanation of how to raise energy, start with the feet.  Concentrate on this area with your awareness & feel the energy going up & down the foot...then make it go higher, up to the knee cap, etc....It works great, you may get a "hot" or "warm" tingly sensation- and your muscles may twitch as well...do this throughout your whole body, and try to draw it all to your belly button (to be stored)...any amount of time is sufficient, but try to do it daily, you can even do this while watching t.v., reading a book, etc.

cube

Deep breathing works for me and clears up exit blindness.
OBE Guide: www.saltcube.com/obe-guide/
Find APers near you: www.saltcube.com/nearMe
Bimonthly OBE Newsletter: www.saltcube.com/?t=newsletter

Tahnor

QuoteHow close are you staying to your physical body?

When I roll out I always end up either lying or crawling on the floor within a foot of the bed. I feel totally spent of energy. Next time I get out I will try and make my way out of the room the best I can.

I have read about spirits drawing energy from around them and creating cold spots. I wonder if we can use this "free energy" as well?

QuoteDeep breathing works for me and clears up exit blindness.

One morning I awoke into a total black void and I'm not sure if it was an OBE or L-Dream. Anyway, I tried in vain to open my eyes. I had to take my hands and pull them open. Even then I couldn't see that well for a few minutes. After some time my vision cleared and I could see exceptionally well.

cube

Quote from: Tahnor
One morning I awoke into a total black void and I’m not sure if it was an OBE or L-Dream. Anyway, I tried in vain to open my eyes. I had to take my hands and pull them open. Even then I couldn’t see that well for a few minutes. After some time my vision cleared and I could see exceptionally well.

I've found prying my eyes open helps as well, for some reason leaving the lights in the room helps to make the exits smoother and causes the  astral version of my room to be brighter.

Lately I've been using an eyemask/blindfold, then when I'm in a dream or if I'm laying there in bed, if I realise I can see then I know that I'm dreaming since if I wasn't I would be looking at black.

This helps to convert false awakenings into OBEs much more frequently.

catmeow

Cube,

You always amaze me with your ingenuity!

catmeow
The bad news is there's no key to the Universe. The good news is it's not locked. - Swami Beyondananda

cube

Thanks catmeow, I hope some of the ideas are useful for you.

I really want to emphasize how useful deep breathing during an OBE has been for me. Somehow it raises your energy level to match the OBE world you've projected to and makes things extremely crisp.

People have said that when your energy level matches the OBE world, that's when things become solid. It makes it so you no longer walk through walls but they're so solid you can actually pound on them, and you don't get accidental reality shifts just from walking through doorways.

Jeff_Mash

Cube is right on the money with this one!  This is something that I've always done and it works 100% of the time.

First off, keep this in mind: the more you FIGHT the experience, the heavier you will feel.

Most of the time, in a pre-exit state, you have this 'feeling' that you can separate and get away from the body.  It's during this time that you usually feel the heaviness.

Now, our first reaction (or at least mine was) is to roll out and get away from the body as fast as possible.....Why?  Because I know that once I get a good distance away from it, I won't feel as much magnetic pull on me.

However, what ends up happening is that you start thrusting and pushing yourself, with a lot of force, away from your body....often crawling on the floor....just to get away.   More often than not, you end up getting too excited and ruining the experience.

The key is to recognize these roadblocks, and instead of getting excited, just relax.  Simply lay there, and take long, deep breaths.  With each breath, you will feel yourself not only getting LIGHTER, but you'll feel yourself becoming more lucid and in control of the experience.

NOTE: I am not talking about doing this during a relaxation state while you're awake, although there is certainly nothing wrong with that.  I am mainly referring to this technique AFTER your mind has made that crucial shift to the 'other side'.....the time when if you move an arm or leg, you'd be moving your astral arm or leg, and not the physical.  It is during this time that these deep breathing techniques will greatly help your experience, and make it last twice as long as normal.
Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash
http://www.mjmmagic.com

kmD

as someone who as just come back to projecting, i am really enjoying everyones intial problem posts because its helping me get back to where i was at and also to avoid those pothole prior to them happening.

Ill repeat what others have said here, BREATHE. A good technique i have found is this. I will start by raising my energy via a circular motion starting from the feet and rising to my head. Once i feel adequate energy from head to toe, I will begin moving the energy from left side to right side in tandem with my inhales and exhales. This will become overwhelming and soon after, one side will exit via arm or leg. THis technique has tremendously increased the time I am able to project, as well as the control I have over the perceptions (ie seeing,feeling) you are open too.
My problem was always that crazy astral wind blowing me right back into my body as soon as I exited, kinda of the opposite of feeling heavy :)

cube

I am not talking about doing this during a relaxation state while you're awake, although there is certainly nothing wrong with that. I am mainly referring to this technique AFTER your mind has made that crucial shift to the 'other side'.....the time when if you move an arm or leg, you'd be moving your astral arm or leg, and not the physical. It is during this time that these deep breathing techniques will greatly help your experience, and make it last twice as long as normal.

That's been my experience as well. If I'm trying to separate but I just get vibrations then using deep breathing smooths them out so I can exit completely without having to fight it.

THis technique has tremendously increased the time I am able to project, as well as the control I have over the perceptions (ie seeing,feeling) you are open too.
My problem was always that crazy astral wind blowing me right back into my body as soon as I exited, kinda of the opposite of feeling heavy

Yeah, I think that what RB refers to as the astral wind is more like what you're describing. It's more like a rubberbanding, it pulls rather than pushes. I've been rubberbanded to places other than my body for no apparent reason and it was definitely a sensation of being pulled to a central spot rather than being pushed away from a distant location.