Experienced OBEr, but never from meditation, seeking help

Previous topic - Next topic

TishAnna

I have a problem initiating OBE's right before falling asleep also.  I am always wide awake when I experience everything, mostly because initiating OBE's gives me a surge of energy.  I lie on my bed and relax for a few minutes.  Then, I start telling my soul to please get out of my physical body while imagining a scene in my mind (a landscape, etc) to keep my mind away from my physical body.  I keep demanding my soul to get out of my body.  I am polite with my soul, but also demanding.  I have felt a magnetic like pulling as a result of doing this, floating, a part of me rolling out of my physical body, jostling around of something (my soul?) inside of my body, etc.  I have read however, in Rosalind McNight's book (lab subject of Robert Monroe) that doing this type of demanding of your soul out of the body may project your soul into a lower astral dimension close to the Earth dimension where disturbed souls can often be located.  I have not encountered disturbed souls that I am aware of, however, shortly after the first time I demanded my soul out of my body, I began to experience a lot of paranormal type activity and communication with my guide.  Also, I noticed that my weaknesses, fears, etc. were magnified in situations in order to bring them to my attention so that I would work on improving and getting over them.  This was also mentioned in Rosalind McNight's book.  It's true, it can happen.  Also, loved ones may begin to experience a "magnifying" of their fears, etc. and lessons to be learned even if they don't go out of body but you do due to Karma.  According to my guide, once you start intentionally projecting out of body, you are saying that you are ready to learn your life's lessons at an accelerated pace.  This was also mentioned in Rosalind McNight's book, and it's true.  The accelerated lesson learning can be extremely intense and push you to your limits mentally, emotionally, etc.  One has to be extremely strong to endure it.  However, I am glad I went through it, because the benefits outweigh the negative consequences.  I wanted to explain how I go out of body, but I also wanted to forewarn everyone of the possible consequences of demanding your soul out of your body.  

TishAnna
www.tishanna.com

Draege

The one thing I've learned is explanations are meaningless. 99.9% of people on this subject who claim to know what's going on don't have anymore clue than a newcomer.

So while it seems natural to want to create explanations for what's going on, I recommend avoiding it as it only deters you from being more perceptive to the details and hidden messages of it all. The more you learn, the more you'll realize you know nothing. Explanations create tendancies to try and manipulate your experiences to fit the rule system you've hypothesized, and they also affect your expectations when you're actually having an experience which play a heavy role on everything that happens.

lkjewr

Thank you for sharing TishAnna :grin: , and thank you for your comments Draege..:exclamation:

Of of my reasons for wanting some kind of framework is that, without a framework, I feel like I'm riding down the highway in a car with no windshield, no doors or roof- just a seat and wheels. What if I got in an accident?? The more I research and learn, and build a composite framework, it gives me a frame of reference and sense of comfort, due to collaborative familiarity.

It helps me to overcome my fear of projecting, one of the reason I believe I haven't progressed as much all these years. As I learn and gather info, I am becoming more and more comfortable with OBE. For the last three months, I've gotten out about 3 times per month. I'm getting more comfortable with it.

I understand your point though. I'll focus on keeping a balance, so I don't try to conceptualize to the point of stifling experience. That is a great point. I appreciate it!

:grin:

If you have any more comments on the above, or the positives or negatives of seeking explanations or building frameworks, I welcome and encourage them. :smile:
Thanks...

The Present Moment

Quote from: lkjewrThank you very much for sharing. I think earlier this year I experimented a bit with like thinking my awareness different place, for instance visualizing and imagining my vision being in the next room over. I did this to the office of my apartment complex, just sat with perhaps a brief settling meditation, and thought/imagined/willed my awareness/perception there. For a brief and shocking moment I was suddenly there, as if my eyes and presence were hovering in the front room of the office for a moment. I think this relates to what happened with your 'kitchen' experience. Thank you very much for sharing, and I hope this helps. It seems you're onto something.

Would you describe the strongest, most vivid experience you've had with this method?

And also, would you describe another experience of awareness displacement- spontaneous or caused- like you had with the kitchen floor tiles? Interesting that I just thought about practicing with this sending awareness thing a bit more.
Shocking is the same word I would use to describe my reaction. In fact, my first attempts failed due to excitement.  :lol: I really wouldn't say that I'm on to anything, though, I'm simply following the instructions from Frank's posts.

I did a little reading to find out what the difference is between phasing and OBEs, and it seems to come down to how the experience is initiated. With OBEs, one uses tactile or movement sensations to leave the location of the physical body; with phasing, one uses any or all of the senses to place oneself inside the imagination. Maybe I confused the issue by referring to a "real" location? To be more clear, it's a memory.

The vividness has reached a plateau, but I suspect that once I'm able to engage senses simultaneously (e.g. sight, sound, and touch), I'll be more completely, if not totally, immersed in the experience.

My last successful attempt was the best so far. I was in the bathroom, watching myself brush my teeth. My body had a murky dream-like quality to it, but everything else was quite real looking. It may have been a little too boring, because I dropped into a lucid dream after 20-30 seconds.  :confused:

lkjewr

Thanks.

If you already have links to the posts you mention, would save me the time of searching. :shock:

Meaning you practiced visualizing yourself brushing your teeth??

Some info for you: I suggest you read Bruce Moen's books. He uses and seems to have mastered this phasing approach, and those at his forum may do it a lot:

www.afterlifeknowledge.com

He even went out and took his kids out with him on rides, verified...

P.S.
I've been practicing visualizing watching my hands, like I would in a lucid dream- doing this as I go to sleep. Last night it quickly billowed into full imagery hand vision type thing. :shock:

Peace.
Thanks...

The Present Moment

I'll send you a message with the posts of his that I've saved.

And yes, I was trying to brush my teeth in the astral.  :lol: I keep the visualization uninteresting so that I don't get an adrenaline rush when I 'see' it.