Experiences leading to never AP'ing again

Previous topic - Next topic

lillymoon

I was recently having an Conversation about this to a member called Lion. Now, Lion mentioned that people astral project and never do it again. I feel this has got to with what they experienced, Lion noted it changes who you are and your perspective on things. Now, What I don't get is why people don't Take that chance and from it. Now, if you are scared to experience yourself..... Look at it this way. Someone was said to me "Fear is a choice, No matter how bad the situation is, You are choosing to be scared". Now, I am not saying that your experience what scary, But what ever happened out in that experience you did not like other-wise you not say you would never astral project again. As Lion stated in another post. You may think you are ready but deep inside you are not. I feel mainly people focus more on the negatives than the positives. Now, Think of it this way. You could astral project and seek spiritual growth, You could gain a lot of knowledge. You could find a lot more things which could change how you think and how the human/eearth works. I don't see why people would waste a OP. Lions has really made me think hard about this. For me, My Goal is astral projection is to Help those that are lost, Seek knowledge, Discover brand new things, Grow spiritually. Loads more.

You have the OP. Take the chance while you can.

Lionheart

It basically has to do with the fact that they are set in their ways and don't want to change or can't change their reality at this point in their lives. They are too deep in this physical existence to look outside of it.

Sometimes it has to do with something that they saw or experienced that peaked their "fear meter". But then again, sometimes it has to do on their own current situation period.

It doesn't mean they are bad people or are doing wrong. It simply means they aren't ready at this time in their existence. No harm, no foul. But it does have a lasting effect on them.

I tell new members and people I meet at the Renaissance Faires I am a Merchant at that they should not open Pandora's Box until they are ready to handle what comes out of it.

lillymoon

Quote from: Lionheart on April 18, 2014, 19:35:22
It basically has to do with the fact that they are set in their ways and don't want to change or can't change their reality at this point in their lives. They are too deep in this physical existence to look outside of it.

Sometimes it has to do with something that they saw or experienced that peaked their "fear meter". But then again, sometimes it has to do on their own current situation period.

It doesn't mean they are bad people or are doing wrong. It simply means they aren't ready at this time in their existence. No harm, no foul. But it does have a lasting effect on them.

I tell new members and people I meet at the Renaissance Faires I am a Merchant at that they should not open Pandora's Box until they are ready to handle what comes out of it.

I just think they are missing out on a life changing OP. Yet, I am not ready, But at the same time I am. I believe sometimes we needs to attempt to do stuff even though we might not be truly ready. Pushing one out of there comfort zone.

Lionheart

I think their decision is based on more of a subconscious level though. Something beyond their conscious control.

lillymoon

Quote from: Lionheart on April 18, 2014, 19:47:30
I think their decision is based on more of a subconscious level though. Something beyond their conscious control.

Perhaps they had a astral projection experience in there past life and it's stored in the sub-conscious mind without them being aware of the experience? Which is why they don't want to do it because there is "something" that is not "right". There is a bunch of possibilities.

Lionheart

Quote from: lillymoon on April 18, 2014, 19:56:26
There is a bunch of possibilities.
Yes there are! That's why we can show people how to achieve, but in the end, they are the ones that have to decide what is right for them.

lillymoon

Quote from: Lionheart on April 18, 2014, 20:06:41
Yes there are! That's why we can show people how to achieve, but in the end, they are the ones that have to decide what is right for them.

Very true, lion. :-)

seapony

Its like some people I know who say, with out a doubt, that they NEVER dream.

I believe its because they don't like the experiences they have had in dreams or AP's,
so they deny they exist.

Or, as in the case of a person I know whos trans...when they were male, they did NOT dream...
Guys don't dream...but now they are are female, she dreams all the time !
( I know   said that weird..."they"....but I couldn't figure out how to phrase it ! )

Szaxx

Strangely there are a few on site who could project from birth.
How would this fit into your being ready or never wanting to project?

As the art is in full swing from first memories the choice of being ready or not is forced upon them in essence.
These few had no choice and being totally innocent, why do you think the decision was made for them?
They accept the art as normal and later in life when they find out that no-one else can do it, their choice to stop is impossible to take.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

PlasmaAstralProjection

I have to agree with lionheart.

lillymoon

Quote from: Szaxx on April 20, 2014, 07:57:30
Strangely there are a few on site who could project from birth.
How would this fit into your being ready or never wanting to project?

As the art is in full swing from first memories the choice of being ready or not is forced upon them in essence.
These few had no choice and being totally innocent, why do you think the decision was made for them?
They accept the art as normal and later in life when they find out that no-one else can do it, their choice to stop is impossible to take.

I like the way you have said that. They are used to doing it becomes second nature to them. I do believe they do have a choice, But it a hard to put it into words on what I want to say about it really. Yes, We have free will, But there is also getting to the point where we spirit/god/people can make them choices for us? Over-all I am a bit confused on words.

Maxie

Right!  I used to ap a lot, and then had the absolute shizzle scared out of me so bad that I haven't properly projected now for five years.   :|

I'm trying again now.  I've stopped alcohol (difficult!) and been making time for meditation in the last few weeks.  Not sure if ill be successful, cos my brain has probably unlearned projection now, due to fright, but I'm going to try. 

Lionheart

Quote from: Maxie on June 11, 2014, 21:15:44
Right!  I used to ap a lot, and then had the absolute shizzle scared out of me so bad that I haven't properly projected now for five years.   :|

I'm trying again now.  I've stopped alcohol (difficult!) and been making time for meditation in the last few weeks.  Not sure if ill be successful, cos my brain has probably unlearned projection now, due to fright, but I'm going to try.  
It will take a lot of "reprogramming" for you to find yourself back in the saddle per say.

Say this affirmation 5 times before you go to sleep EVERY night. I say EVERY because we seem to lax on things when we get lazy. The key to "reprogramming" or conditioning your mind is repetition.

You can either repeat it after Robert says it here on this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yra1SQOOuGE

or

You can go to this site and download it yourself to be read at night while lying in your bed: http://www.lucid-mind-center.com/robert-monroe-institute.html

I have been using nightly affirmations for 3 years straight now and there is no better way to constantly condition/entrain the mind!  :wink:

Lionheart

I just found a couple of great relaxing video MP3s that combine a mix of very relaxing music/Binaural Beats + the added attraction of affirmations from Robert Monroe and Brian Mercer.

Kind of like the "trifecta" of APing.  :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2JzVW4-IRo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9ugcnXO-zk

I personally enjoyed the second video more. I have always loved Hans Zimmer's Movie Soundtracks.  :-)