Experiences with obe4u.com techniques

Previous topic - Next topic

luffy28

Hi,
I've been trying some techniques from the book called "the phase" on obe4u.com. Over the last two to three nights (have to take a rest until next week because the books author says that you should only try to lucid dream / project two to three days a week).

These are my experiences:

I remember one night (could've been minimum a day to two days ago) that once I did a technique I felt a little movement of electricity going across my arms only and it felt like my veins were moving / shaking.

Also in the book they say that the best way to be successful with indirect techniques (which is an obe after waking up) is to wake up without moving your body. I haven't tried this yet because I usually move my body upon awakening and have to wait until next week to practice this.

Is it okay to try the techniques everyday or should I just stick to what they say in the book and try it two to three days a week?

Also the author of the book says while being a novice to only project two to three days a week.

Thanks.

Xanth

Quote from: luffy28 on July 12, 2014, 00:34:32
Hi,
I've been trying some techniques from the book called "the phase" on obe4u.com. Over the last two to three nights (have to take a rest until next week because the books author says that you should only try to lucid dream / project two to three days a week).

These are my experiences:

I remember one night (could've been minimum a day to two days ago) that once I did a technique I felt a little movement of electricity going across my arms only and it felt like my veins were moving / shaking.

Also in the book they say that the best way to be successful with indirect techniques (which is an obe after waking up) is to wake up without moving your body. I haven't tried this yet because I usually move my body upon awakening and have to wait until next week to practice this.

Is it okay to try the techniques everyday or should I just stick to what they say in the book and try it two to three days a week?

Also the author of the book says while being a novice to only project two to three days a week.

Thanks.
With all due respect to Michael Raduga... ignore his opinions about projection. 
Just focus on the techniques he shares. 

An example of his opinion is that you should only try to project 2 - 3 times per week <-- That's BS.  Try as often as you're comfortable trying.  :)

luffy28

Quote from: Xanth on July 12, 2014, 00:43:20
With all due respect to Michael Raduga... ignore his opinions about projection.  
Just focus on the techniques he shares.  

An example of his opinion is that you should only try to project 2 - 3 times per week <-- That's BS.  Try as often as you're comfortable trying.  :)

Thanks I'll try to do it everyday and see how it is like / if it limits me.

Do you (or anyone else) have advice on waking without moving?

This is bascially a synopsis of his book in a three minute video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64_MvWQ25M8

Thanks.

soarin12

I've done this in two ways.  One- If you wake up during the night, hold perfectly still (but relaxed) and don't open your eyes.  Don't allow yourself to fall back asleep.  Keep your mind relaxed -as free from thoughts as possible.  In a few seconds to a minute, you will find yourself in a projection.     Two -If you wake up (from a dream) hold perfectly still (but relaxed) and don't open your eyes.  State your intent that you will now reenter your dream and be conscious in it.  Allow yourself to fall back asleep and you should reenter the dream but be conscious.  Good luck!  :)

sadcatsclub

His technique is good for me, and I have once gotten a little into the astral. He might have said not to try it everyday because interrupted sleep isn't too good, i think.  I am trying it often.

luffy28

Quote from: soarin12 on July 12, 2014, 03:29:28
I've done this in two ways.  One- If you wake up during the night, hold perfectly still (but relaxed) and don't open your eyes.  Don't allow yourself to fall back asleep.  Keep your mind relaxed -as free from thoughts as possible.  In a few seconds to a minute, you will find yourself in a projection.     Two -If you wake up (from a dream) hold perfectly still (but relaxed) and don't open your eyes.  State your intent that you will now reenter your dream and be conscious in it.  Allow yourself to fall back asleep and you should reenter the dream but be conscious.  Good luck!  :)

I tried doing it earlier this morning (only after two hours of sleep), and I remember getting / feeling a pain in my spine / back. Then I went back to sleep.

soarin12

Quote from: luffy28 on July 12, 2014, 19:51:52
I tried doing it earlier this morning (only after two hours of sleep), and I remember getting / feeling a pain in my spine / back. Then I went back to sleep.

Hmm...  Pain and projection don't usually mix too well! lol  Keep at it!  You'll get it eventually. Make sure your intent is strong.  That truly is key to this whole practice.  Technique is helpful to a point, but strong desire and intent are by far the main ingredients!

Riva626

His methods are the only methods that have ever actually worked for me. Although the first few times I had done it unknowingly, it just sort of happened as I woke up. I've tried so many different books and methods and honestly, his is the only proven one for me. The others had little glimmers of knowledge but none worked quite like his.

But thorough research of his material will tell you that the reason he advises a break between attempts is to prevent mental exhaustion and and lack of confidence from failed attempts. I personally think he's spot on in this regard having suffered such blows myself. The problem is it's hard NOT to try this everyday. A day not used to phase feels like a day wasted to me. But ironically (and as stated in his book), all of my successful attempts have came during such breaks  :|

luffy28

I had some little success. I'm in about to be in my mid 20's and had a vivid dream like I felt like I was stuck in middle school (for years) and was at a snoop dogg concert.

dust8879

Quote from: soarin12 on July 12, 2014, 20:42:41
Hmm...  Pain and projection don't usually mix too well! lol  Keep at it!  You'll get it eventually. Make sure your intent is strong.  That truly is key to this whole practice.  Technique is helpful to a point, but strong desire and intent are by far the main ingredients!

I've only just realised how crucial this is. When I fall asleep in the middle of the night without any intent to project, I always forget to stay still upon awakening. Raduga stresses how important it is not to go to bed with an empty head. When I focus on projecting during awakenings throughout the night, that's when I start to see success.

I practice the technique every night and have no problems. I don't stay up for 30 or 40 minutes either. I'm awake for only 5-7 minutes and in that time I'm strongly focusing on affirmations/visualisations. I'd agree with that Xanth said. Try as much as you're comfortable with.

soarin12

Quote from: seán7781 on July 16, 2014, 10:10:19
I've only just realised how crucial this is. When I fall asleep in the middle of the night without any intent to project, I always forget to stay still upon awakening. Raduga stresses how important it is not to go to bed with an empty head. When I focus on projecting during awakenings throughout the night, that's when I start to see success.

I practice the technique every night and have no problems. I don't stay up for 30 or 40 minutes either. I'm awake for only 5-7 minutes and in that time I'm strongly focusing on affirmations/visualisations. I'd agree with that Xanth said. Try as much as you're comfortable with.

Yes!  Wise words...  :)

luffy28

I awoke this morning to a cell phone alarm (so I can try to practice the techniques more) and remember trying to stay still but I either went to sleep. Or was jolted into waking consciousness then struggled with sleep (going in between wake and asleep) for four hours.

Any tips?

Xanth

dust8879

Quote from: luffy28 on July 17, 2014, 02:18:52
I awoke this morning to a cell phone alarm (so I can try to practice the techniques more) and remember trying to stay still but I either went to sleep. Or was jolted into waking consciousness then struggled with sleep (going in between wake and asleep) for four hours.

Any tips?

When I use an alarm the duration it has to be very short (1-2 seconds max) and the noise volume very low. I had to experiment to find out just the right balance - a signal that didn't wake me up too abruptly but just about strong enough to spark awareness and help me realise where I am and what to do. It always worked best for me when I was able to wake up as comfortably and as smoothly as possible. 

luffy28

Quote from: seán7781 on July 17, 2014, 14:38:42
When I use an alarm the duration it has to be very short (1-2 seconds max) and the noise volume very low. I had to experiment to find out just the right balance - a signal that didn't wake me up too abruptly but just about strong enough to spark awareness and help me realise where I am and what to do. It always worked best for me when I was able to wake up as comfortably and as smoothly as possible.  

I don't have a smart phone so the options are limited. Other than that I'll just have to shut it off.

Aaron330

I had two amazing projections back to back last month and have had no success since, no matter how hard I've tried. I've discovered that the hardest part to projection is keeping my intention and desire strong. Because I've discovered that that is indeed the most important determining factor of whether you will project or not. Problem is, when you've been trying 7 days a week with no real success, after 3-4 weeks you realize your intent and desire have waned significantly and you're just sort of droning through the motions. So I have to reset myself and read some things on projection experiences or listen to tom campbell, buhlman, monroe, read franks posts, etc. This always seems to work well in getting my desire and intention back to full power again.
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep; because my dreams are bursting at the seams.

luffy28

I was successful in waking up without moving, but went back to sleep because I was so tired mentally. Also I recalled another dream today (too inappropriate for this forum) so that's at least another side effect.

luffy28

Again I was successful without moving, and I felt a little electric shock / some vibrations, but couldn't stay awake. Also the next time I awoke was when I felt that the technique was working I couldn't stay focused / couldn't focus on my indirect technique / visualization.

It worked like this I awoke at 7:30am this morning then I awoke later and tried separating. Didn't work so I awoke the next time and I missed the part about not moving, but cycled through indirect techniques. One of them worked and then I felt the electric shock / little vibrations and couldn't focus on the technique / visualization. I don't know if I'm supposed to feel movement or just go more with the visualization. Next time I'm going to try to go through feeling the actual movement of the indirect technique then just doing the visualization.

The technique that I was stuck on / couldn't focus on was a technique I made up called "flying like Goku". It's where he's moving like he's attacking the bold character in this clip. The part where Goku is in red was the way I was visualizing / trying to imagine to move. It felt like it was working, because my body felt like it had little electric shocks / shaking / vibrations, but when I tried to further it I quit or was tired.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRmFsLzO094

Also I had a dream that felt like I was watching a movie either in between these two or before or after it. I felt the dream was so irrelevant that I couldn't / won't write it down. It felt like watching a live TV report or watching a live concert on TV.

Could someone give me some advice on how to stay awake long enough to stay with the indirect techniques?

soarin12

Check the number of hrs. of sleep you're getting per night.  If you're getting too little or too much, staying awake to project becomes way harder than it needs to be.

If that's not your problem, then you just need more willpower.  I actually often find it easier to get up, use the bathroom, and then project.  I find that that few minutes I'm up and awake helps me to strengthen my resolve to project (and not fall back asleep!)  Often with indirect techniques, although they can work very quickly, it's so easy to just cave in to going right back to sleep.  Raduga is pretty negative about direct techniques -just don't let his views poison you against them.  If you get up for a few minutes, it might make things harder or it might make things easier for you.  Everyone is different.  It may help keep you awake for the amount of time needed to project. (which isn't long -twenty minutes tops)

When you're visualizing, make sure you're not turning back to focus on your physical body.  That will kill it.  You have to keep a non-physical focus.  :)

luffy28

Quote from: soarin12 on July 21, 2014, 01:02:10
Check the number of hrs. of sleep you're getting per night.  If you're getting too little or too much, staying awake to project becomes way harder than it needs to be.

If that's not your problem, then you just need more willpower.  I actually often find it easier to get up, use the bathroom, and then project.  I find that that few minutes I'm up and awake helps me to strengthen my resolve to project (and not fall back asleep!)  Often with indirect techniques, although they can work very quickly, it's so easy to just cave in to going right back to sleep.  Raduga is pretty negative about direct techniques -just don't let his views poison you against them.  If you get up for a few minutes, it might make things harder or it might make things easier for you.  Everyone is different.  It may help keep you awake for the amount of time needed to project. (which isn't long -twenty minutes tops)

When you're visualizing, make sure you're not turning back to focus on your physical body.  That will kill it.  You have to keep a non-physical focus.  :)

I think it's the willpower. Also I'll try to focus on the movement outside of my body.

Thanks.

dust8879

Quote from: luffy28 on July 21, 2014, 03:15:57
I think it's the willpower. Also I'll try to focus on the movement outside of my body.

Thanks.

All the electricity feelings you're experiencing is fantastic. You're very close. This is exactly what I'm going through. Every time you wake up try to project no matter what. Even if you have moved. Be mechanical and don't even think about it.

The other night at about 2AM I was awake for a whole 5 minutes before remember to attempt a projection, and I was very surprised when I heard this whooshing sound. I had even moved slightly a couple minutes earlier. So it can happen when you least expect it. With every awakening focus as much as you can on instantly attempting a projection after waking up. It becomes stronger as the night goes on.

luffy28

Quote from: seán7781 on July 21, 2014, 10:31:07
All the electricity feelings you're experiencing is fantastic. You're very close. This is exactly what I'm going through. Every time you wake up try to project no matter what. Even if you have moved. Be mechanical and don't even think about it.

The other night at about 2AM I was awake for a whole 5 minutes before remember to attempt a projection, and I was very surprised when I heard this whooshing sound. I had even moved slightly a couple minutes earlier. So it can happen when you least expect it. With every awakening focus as much as you can on instantly attempting a projection after waking up. It becomes stronger as the night goes on.

Thanks, but last night I didn't awake probably because I set my awake alarm 3 hours after I went to sleep. I'll have to try to go to sleep a little bit earlier. It's probably like soarin said that it depends on how many hours I go to sleep.

luffy28

I awoke this morning at 8 something in the morning and it didn't work. I've been trying it everyday since the first post and am deciding to take two weeks off and after that I'm only going to try it three days a week because I do feel that it has tired me out. Also I just wanted to mostly get lucid dreams not obe's until I had more experience. I remember posting on this forum that when I was doing it three times a week I was having lucid dreams. Thanks for all the support, when the two weeks are over I'll post in this topic again and restart the conversation or we can even continue this conversation until then.

Xanth

Quote from: luffy28 on July 22, 2014, 20:24:18
I awoke this morning at 8 something in the morning and it didn't work. I've been trying it everyday since the first post and am deciding to take two weeks off and after that I'm only going to try it three days a week because I do feel that it has tired me out. Also I just wanted to mostly get lucid dreams not obe's until I had more experience. I remember posting on this forum that when I was doing it three times a week I was having lucid dreams. Thanks for all the support, when the two weeks are over I'll post in this topic again and restart the conversation or we can even continue this conversation until then.
An OBE is a lucid dream where you're in a familiar place.  Which are both projections.  No difference.

Sometimes people have many experiences in a short time span... sometimes they don't.
Stop trying so hard and you might have more success.  :)

luffy28

Quote from: Xanth on July 22, 2014, 22:40:11
An OBE is a lucid dream where you're in a familiar place.  Which are both projections.  No difference.

Sometimes people have many experiences in a short time span... sometimes they don't.
Stop trying so hard and you might have more success.  :)

Thanks, but then what's the big difference between an obe and a LD? I had some recall (not total) of a vivid dream today and I remember kissing a girl through a partially open door and the kiss (not also minding she was good looking) was like a video game emulator. I could feel her tongue, the saliva, her lips, etc...

Also when talking to the dead / current living people in LD's is it really communication with the dead or is that only in obe's?

Thanks.