Experimenting with a new technique (2 minutes to transition)

Previous topic - Next topic

ThaomasOfGrey

I went to a mind, body and spirit festival on the weekend and had a chakra healing done. I have certainly felt stronger energy sensations now than ever before and something compelled me to use this for astral projection.

Here is the procedure: Roll your eyes into the back of your head so that you feel a stretch, not pain, and maintain it with your eyes closed. This is something I picked up from hypnosis videos but it also assists in generating the energy body feeling.

The next step is to try to harness your energy body. It is the same sensation that you get from trying to move your hand while keeping it perfectly relaxed, like a phantom hand, but everywhere in your body at the same time.

Take this energy body like you are investing all of your being and willpower and move it outside of your physical locus. Try not to endure physical tension, when you fully invest in the feeling it can creep up. I think it is possible to project even with a little bit of tension. The key is to maintain this feeling relentlessly for a couple of minutes or until you transition.

My first attempt with this technique was very successful, I went from laying down to sleep to transition symptoms in less than 2 minutes. I like to kick off the relaxation process by manually slowing my breathing down to something more resembling sleep, but there is a special quality about this technique where you just feel your physical body rapidly shutting down. Not only did my breathing slow automatically but the sensation of breathing even taking place quickly fades. Furthermore the tongue assumes that slack floating quality associated with sleep.

A few moments after I totally lost sensation of my breathing I was hit by a very high pitch loud ringing noise with sudden onset. It actually reminded me of how your ears sound after hearing a gunshot from too close. This was a clear transition symptom to me. Unfortunately about 2 seconds later I was interrupted by my partner, but this technique shows promise.

With this technique I do not focus on visuals at all; I think I have a stronger affinity for the tactile exit since all of my transitions have been of this nature so far.

Lumaza

Thaomas, you should put a link to this thread in "the Doorway" thread. It would help others that read that thread as well. Otherwise I am afraid this thread here will fall into the Astral Pulse "abyss", like so many other good threads here do.

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/the_doorway-t46013.0.html
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Crocodilian123

I've been attempti to astral project for months and have not even come close. I will definitely give this a try. Thank you so much for posting this!

desert-rat

There was a Silva method where you rolled your eyes back behind closed lids then counted from 100 -1 .
p.s. Mind spirit festival sounds like a psychic fair , I have been to a few . 

ThaomasOfGrey

I have a status update for the technique. Last night I was really feeling the energy while I was sitting on the couch watching TV. I decided to try and raise that energy and the results were remarkable.

The differences between this attempt and the original approach was just that I was sitting upright and I focused more on driving the phantom feeling from the bottom of my feet upwards. I think that being upright lends to our ability to dissociate, but it is tricky to complete the separation without something supporting your posture.

I welled up as much energy and phantom-ness as I could muster. Instantly I felt it take effect as my body sensations slipped away. I felt extremely light and almost dizzy. A powerful feeling of euphoria enveloped me and grew stronger. In the end I had to abort the transition because the intensity of the euphoria was unbearable and I wasn't prepared for it.

I made some subsequent attempts afterwards but it never seems to work as well after the first attempt. If the bodily sensations really are related to some type of energy I wonder whether or not making these attempts depletes your tanks in some way.

The good news is that this session was extremely short lived, lasting less than 30 seconds from start to finish. I am getting better at handling this energy, but it is very abstract and I can't really explain "how" to do it to people who have never felt these sensations before.

Szaxx

The sitting position works far better than lying down. The typical statement of you've always gone to sleep lying down and are now trying to change it doesn't apply to me personally. I've always projected since my first memories and to sleep or explore was my choice.
Your comment on sitting may have more merit than we all think.
Today waiting in a hospital car park I had enough time to experiment. I tried many times to phase out of the physical until the NP scenery started to synchronize. At that point I'd return, move a little and try again. I had 10+ successes in a row until time to go. This amount is above that obtained when lying down.
I do find the tactile senses easier to generate when lying down.
I'm sure many of us may have found the seat/chair far more successful. The location or noise level hardly makes any difference unless the noise is transiential.

Good point madeThaomasOfGrey, this may help many learning the art to become successful sooner.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.