Eyes open to OBE? possible?

Previous topic - Next topic

Bellend_1010

Can you open your eyes when you attempt to OBE? does this work? anyone do it this way? ty.

Xanth

I don't see why not... however, the trick is that you need to learn to ignore the physical visuals that you're 'seeing'.  And honestly, if you're just starting out, that's going to be something VERY hard to do.  Hell, that'll be hard for someone who's been doing this for a long time as well...

Simply put, if you have a hard time quieting your mind... then ignoring what you're physically seeing is probably not the best first step for ya.  ;)

blis

In one of his books Bruce Moen talks of projecting while eating his lunch in a cafe.

I reckon that would be more of a split-focus, vivid day-dream type experience though.

My dad's girlfriend sometimes sleeps with her eyes open. If she can do that then I guess its not beyond the realm of possibility to have a fully immersed obe with your eyes open.

David Warner

anything is possible, but I am not 100% sure about eating lunch at the same time while projecting.. maybe
having a latte at star bucks and projecting will do the trick..: )

honestly, it takes a lot of relaxation, mental control and focus to project. the physical body at the same time
eating while projecting I would need to research and be skeptical. Unless, Bruce was extremely tired and he drifted
into the trance, that I can see. But just to say "I am going to have a full course meal and project at the same time.." I can't see that happening.

I know on occasion when I am watching a movie, listening to audio book/music or back in the day in classroom - I was able to project. The moment, tranquility, relaxed atmosphere was conducive for projecting.

DW
InvisibleLight - Book Release 12.12.2012
www.invisiblelight.us

blis

Yeah, from what I remember he said he just sort of dropped into a trance while eating and went and done a whole load of retrievals after some big bombing in the usa. He said that every now and again he would become aware of his physical self in the cafe eating lunch and thought he must look pretty wierd to his fellow diners.

ether2

dont worry mate i can OBe/project driveing a car (safely) at around 100/110 km/h fully conscious of my physical bodys actions (driveing) and fully conscious of my non-physical bodys actions, longest OBe above 5 seconds at around 100/110 km/h, projection around 2 seconds, my fastest speed for OBe was around 135 km/h closer to a second more so than less...
i can watch my non-physical bodys actions doing the required task(s) from my physical body, whilst driveing...

practise ya books/Cd's etc on the matter...

this will help ya get their safely (master at home first though)...

http://thewayitisether.wordpress.com/existencedimensionsladder-love-all/

http://thewayitisether.wordpress.com/summary-of-ladder-of-consciousnessdimensions-2/

puts ya at the height of consciousness where the prime mind abilities lay...
no other way to get their...

good luck

love all
Don't Forget-Love All, Means To Care 4 all=being more ONE which is the highest of height of consciousnesses in the dimension we live in...love all doesnt mean cuddly cuddly

http://thewayitisether.wordpress.com/

schockstuhh

I'm a noobie, and I experienced the beginning of separation with one physical and one astral eye open. I was already confused with figuring out how opening my astral eyes differed from opening my physical eyes, and upon seeing my astral body begin to separate from my physical body, it confused me more so I lost it and woke up. I'd say with enough experience, a disciplined mind, and a lot of practice, that it's highly possible.

astraladdict

Anything is possible my friend. Ryan has a point, you close your eyes to cut off physical sensory. When you think about it though, meditations with eyes open, phasing with eyes open, etc. It can be done, it takes dedication. But so does projection in the first place. It takes dedication and passion.

~astraladdict
My smile tells lies, but my eyes tell the truth...

catmeow

There are a number of examples of spontaneous OBEs which occurred to people who were physically active, like driving a car, playing the organ, walking and talking with a friend.  These people were physically active whilst also OBE. However, on returning to their body, in general, they could not remember the "physical" part of the experience, only the OBE part.

When they questioned those that were around their physical body to see if they noticed anything unusual, the answer was typically "no" - nothing unusual was noticed.  The physical body/mind appeared to continue normally whilst the astral body/mind was also continuing independently. This appears to agree with Robert Bruce's "mind split" theory. 

I have also had OBE experiences where my physical eyes were open, but these were not like the "mind split" examples above - I was actually aware of seeing physically and astrally at the same time.
The bad news is there's no key to the Universe. The good news is it's not locked. - Swami Beyondananda

Astral316

I practice open eye meditation... though sometimes it's simply to attempt telekinesis or clear my mind before closed eye meditation. Other times I focus intro the trees of my backyard, pick a leaf and hold my stare on it. Pretty soon the scene blends into just one, almost pixelated design. I've never projected from this but if I could go farther into trance I'm sure it's possible.

astraladdict

Quote from: Astral316 on July 25, 2011, 10:00:35
I practice open eye meditation... though sometimes it's simply to attempt telekinesis or clear my mind before closed eye meditation. Other times I focus intro the trees of my backyard, pick a leaf and hold my stare on it. Pretty soon the scene blends into just one, almost pixelated design. I've never projected from this but if I could go farther into trance I'm sure it's possible.
I wonder if enough people on the forums do OEM, cause than i'd like to start a post where you can put your experiences

~astraladdict
My smile tells lies, but my eyes tell the truth...

ayearhasgone

Shamans have been projecting for thousands and thousands of years while awake.  Even in societies where psychoactive "plant allies" aren't available, like Inuit and Circumpolar areas.  It's the same all across the world even though many of these shamans had no direct contact with one another: beating a drum, four beats per second. 

If you can beat a drum and AP at the same time, I'm sure projecting during lunch isn't too bad!

I've heard that shamanic drumming CD's can be a great way to induce OBEs, but I've never tried it myself.

mels8780

lol. Especialy if I'm tired, I get sleepy thoughts nowadays even with my eyes open. It happens when I start staring in a deep trance, which starts happening for a second even while I am attempting to do something... I don't know when this started.  They don't take over (that sure would suck in an important event), but I don't like them. I think maybe once I learned how to OBE I could totally do it with my eyes open... lol. By sleepy I mean hmm maybe confusing thoughts that don't make sense.. idk how to describe them. Entire dreams built like this I can't make sense of when I wake up.I start forgetting /can't read  these thoughts and dreams  when I wake up/snap out of my trance, but I remember I just thought or dreamt something that didn't make sense.

*edit* to clarify I'm saying with trances like this it would make it easier to do with my eyes open if that wasn't exactly clear