Falling asleep!

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenacious

jc-

What time are you doing you trances?  Are you tired and exhausted?  That may be a cuase for your troubles.  I know that if i get tired, I get very frustrated, and end up rolling over and falling asleep [:D].  I do most of my trances at night, but i have done quite a few during the day that are just as good.  Try during the day when you aren't so tired.  That may help, who knows?

-Tenacious[:P]
-Tenacious[:P]

"The most interesting people in the world are those you do not understand" -Me

WalkerInTheWoods

Maybe your problem is that you are using something else to distract your mind from falling asleep instead of paying attention to yourself. Try not to use any outside source and just pay attention to yourself and your mind. Pay attention to keeping it awake. Really it is just going to take practice in getting your mind to stay awake.
Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

jc84corvette

Thanks for the replys!

I should pay attention to my breathing instead?

WalkerInTheWoods

Pay attention to what you are thinking about. What is it you are trying to do? If you are trying to project then pay attention to what ever method you are using. If you are just wanting to clear your mind, then pay attention to the nothingness. If you are doing energy work pay attention to that. If you let your mind do whatever it wants it will drift off and fall asleep. You need to pay attention to your mind and when you feel it drifting off, pull it back awake.

If you are trying to project you can try paying attention to the darkness behind your closed eyes. It should start to take a 3D shape after awhile, if not immediately, and you should see lights.

Paying attention to your breathing can help you to relax, but if you wish to leave your body it can hurt your efforts by keeping your focused on your physical body.
Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

Graupel

Will the 3D blackness state (hypnagogic ?) allow you to do a conscious RTZ etheric projection ?

WalkerInTheWoods

quote:
Will the 3D blackness state (hypnagogic ?) allow you to do a conscious RTZ etheric projection ?

I do not think so. It has not for me anyway. I think this method is more for going to the Astral.

shadowatcher

what is a conscious RTZ etheric projection?

jc84corvette

quote:
Originally posted by fallnangel77

Pay attention to what you are thinking about. What is it you are trying to do? If you are trying to project then pay attention to what ever method you are using. If you are just wanting to clear your mind, then pay attention to the nothingness. If you are doing energy work pay attention to that. If you let your mind do whatever it wants it will drift off and fall asleep. You need to pay attention to your mind and when you feel it drifting off, pull it back awake.

If you are trying to project you can try paying attention to the darkness behind your closed eyes. It should start to take a 3D shape after awhile, if not immediately, and you should see lights.

Paying attention to your breathing can help you to relax, but if you wish to leave your body it can hurt your efforts by keeping your focused on your physical body.

Thank you for the reply!

paying attention to the darkness will work for me!

beavis

"what is a conscious RTZ etheric projection?"

projection onto earth or somewhere close but farther into astral

goingslow

quote:
Originally posted by beavis

projection onto earth or somewhere close but farther into astral

What??

I dont get that definition.. it doesnt seem to make sense at all.

greatoutdoors

Yes, the difference between OBE and RTZ is confusing -- I thought they were pretty much the same thing. Can you "aim" yourself in one direction or the other? I've only had one OBE. It was in real time, only lasted a few seconds, and was really amazing! But I can't do it consciously -- I'm also one of those who wind up falling asleep. Is it easier to do one than the other? Any advice is appreciated. [8)]

WalkerInTheWoods

quote:
what is a conscious RTZ etheric projection?

An Etheric Projection into the RTZ is close to the physical. You are creating an etheric double and moving around close to the physical plane. You can go and see your neighborhood, etc as it is on the physical. Astral Projection is projecting into the astral plane which may or may not resemble the physical plane. The Astral is more removed from the physical plane. You can see pretty much anything there. Places that may not exist on the physical can exist on the Astral.

jc84corvette

Yes RTZ is exactly what Fallen said.

jc84corvette

The farthest that I can go is trances. Well the thing that is preventing me from doing more is sleep! I always fall asleep!

To get in the trance all I do is let my body sleep and by doing that I do not move and I am fully relaxed. My mind is paying attention to Coast to Coast A.M. Well sometimes that is not enough!

When I did my first two trances, I said to my self mind awake body asleep along with imagry of that. Well if I do that now I will talk my self to sleep.

Any tips!?