False awakening to astral projection?

Previous topic - Next topic

embrace

I had a bizarre experience this morning. I woke up and started my day as usual. But very soon I realized that I was still in a dream (reality tests work!). I came back to bed, closed my eyes (never happens in a dream, huh?) and began feeling vibrations. Soon enough I was astral projecting within a dream, which was within a dream. Reminds me of Inception or something!

The question is: was the astral projection just a part of the dream, or should I suppose it was the real thing? It felt real...I don't know what to think about that.

Thanks for your feedback!

Greytraveller

Hello embrace
Can you induce an OBE directly from a false awakening (FA)? Absolutely This is possible and I have managed to do it several times. This is basically the same as going out of body from a lucid dream. Just remain calm and use whatever OBE induction method you normally use and chances are the OBE Will occur.

Good luck  :-)
Grey

Volgerle

Well, for me every dream is also an astral projection, just an unconscious one. I think you became aware/lucid then on the astral plane or an RTZ-replica of your physical version of your room. Imo, the vibrations you felt then were the physical body's re-alignment with the astral, it's two-dimensional, so to speak, you did it just like you might do it starting up from the physical downwards into trance state. You then made it again to the point where you already were - just 'more offical' as a projector.  :lol:  :wink:
I also have these experience where I feel myself as physical body in my physical bed and in an 'astral bed' at the same time. (I believe it's also a kind of mind-split). I also felt 'physical' vibes from a dream-state while getting lucid and lying in my (astral/physical) bed. Not uncommon, if you ask me. And False Awakenings are a really eerie thing, there are many 'loops' possible. Waking up again and again.

Xanth

Allow me to give you my perspective.  :)
Quote from: embrace on July 08, 2012, 14:06:42
I had a bizarre experience this morning. I woke up and started my day as usual. But very soon I realized that I was still in a dream (reality tests work!). I came back to bed, closed my eyes (never happens in a dream, huh?) and began feeling vibrations. Soon enough I was astral projecting within a dream, which was within a dream. Reminds me of Inception or something!

The question is: was the astral projection just a part of the dream, or should I suppose it was the real thing? It felt real...I don't know what to think about that.
So, you had a false awakening and in this false awakening you realized that you were actually still in the non-physical... at this point, you're already projecting (astrally or lucid, it matters not really at this point).  The point is that you found yourself consciously aware while in the non-physical.  You could have taken off from here without lying down and closing your eyes.

The only thing closing your eyes did was change the reality you found yourself experiencing.  This is usually the best way to visit some other location in the non-physical.  :)

As Volgerle said, you WERE astral projecting.  Or as I call it, you were having a non-physical astral awareness experience from the very moment you realized in the false awakening that you were in the non-physical.  :)

Lionheart

Wow, that is great control you have there Embrace. Congratulations are in order!  :-) When I find myself in a False Awakening, that alone is enough to knock me back to the physical again. I have learned how to control my Lucid Dreams, but still get the "knock" out of the Astral blow from my False Awakenings.

Xanth

Yeah, most people don't realize they're projecting.
Being able to figure out you're actually projecting when you're having a false awakening is quite the accomplishment.

I think I've only ever figured out a false awakening once. LoL

Boom

Yeah I'm usually aware that i'm projecting, but have never been aware of a false awakening. I had a false awakening and was in a completely unknown place - different room etc and still didnt realise it wasn't real lol.

roman67

But I am usually aware that I am projecting and false awakening. It's quite easy for me to realize about false awakening.

Xanth

Quote from: roman67 on July 13, 2012, 01:26:51
But I am usually aware that I am projecting and false awakening. It's quite easy for me to realize about false awakening.
Then it's not a false awakening at all.
A false awakening is when you don't know you're dreaming.
It's for all intents and purposes a normal dream with just physical reality components to it.

pup825

I've done the exact same thing but I wasn't aware of it lol
It was in a dream. I was looking down at myself ( I didn't even look much like myself.) I was inside the dream I was dreaming about in my dream, watching myself from the dream that the dream me was dreaming, all in a dream.  :-D

Xanth

keyangen

Quote from: Lionheart on July 08, 2012, 20:05:27
Wow, that is great control you have there Embrace. Congratulations are in order!  :-) When I find myself in a False Awakening, that alone is enough to knock me back to the physical again. I have learned how to control my Lucid Dreams, but still get the "knock" out of the Astral blow from my False Awakenings.

Quote from: Xanth on July 08, 2012, 20:41:30
Yeah, most people don't realize they're projecting.
Being able to figure out you're actually projecting when you're having a false awakening is quite the accomplishment.

I think I've only ever figured out a false awakening once. LoL

I don't think it's actually that unusual to be able to maintain awareness during a false awakening and use it for projection. For me, that is almost the only way I've ever experienced AP. In fact I had one such experience this morning, albeit a very short and pretty freaky one:

I had just had a long vivid dream and thought I'd write it down in my journal while still in bed. As soon as I started writing I sensed something was wrong - the pen didn't write the way it should. I immediately realised I was having a false awakening. In order to "stabilise" the experience I just kept on writing for a while and then I thought, well why don't I get out of my body. I also checked the time, and the time was obviously wrong, so that confirmed I was having a non-physical experience. So I just got up, out of my body, very quickly and smoothly. At this point, for some funny reason I thought, "Well I'm out of my body, so now I should open my eyes to see better". As soon as I did, I felt somebody's presence right next to me. Like somebody was standing right there, almost up against me. My first thought was that it was just myself or something, but I quickly realised it wasn't "me" or my body. I freaked out and woke up with a gasp of fear only to find out that this "someone" was my girlfriend lying there at my side in bed. She was at least as freaked out as I was :)

The reason I saw my girlfriend next to me was that I had opened my physical eyes while out of body and was getting visual input from two sources simultaneously, which is a typical problem for me. But at least I have finally figured out the solution - I need to stop thinking about opening my eyes, this is some bodily habit, actually I think I can see perfectly well in the astral without "opening my eyes".

And just for reference - this experience may have been induced by the SILD technique described in a sticky under Astral Consciousness - I had done the exercise about an hour earlier.

As for projecting from false awakenings, then these have happened when I've tried going to the bathroom, but realised I'm dreaming because suddenly there was no toilet in the bathroom or tried looking at my watch but realised the time was unreal and in similar situations. In fact, I haven't had many experiences where some sort of a false awakening hasn't been involved, but of course, it will depend on the person.