Roger

On a recent Art Bell replay (from, I think, Dec 12 2001), Art
interviewed "Red Elk" a widely known spiritualist/medicine man
from some indian tribe.  He said that before a certain travel of his,
he was required to fast for 5 days and nights.  The replay is
available on Art's web site if you're interested (was replayed last
Thursday, I think).

Qui-Gon Jinn

Thx, although I haven´t payed the monthly (is it?) fee that Premiere Radio, or whatever the name is, asks for if you want to listen to the art bell show archives.
 Speaking of art bell by the way, I don´t know if you listen to the show on a regular basis, but tonight you should really listen, Steven Greer is on, if you know the guy?   He is head of the disclosure project, really interresting, nothing to do with OBE though, just wanted to tell ya if you didn´t know.   Be well and thx again for the tip //Qui-Gon            

- Your focus determines your reality -

Roger

The Steven Greer interview sounds very interesting.  I try to listen
every night prior to my OBE work. I think the Streamlink subscription
is like $29.95 for 6 months and provides you with the previous 60
days worth of programming.  Thanks for the heads-up, Qui-Gon.

Qui-Gon Jinn

60$ per year isn´t much really, so I guess I´ll sign up for StreamLink as well...  
Disclosureproject by the was has got permission to put up all the former artbell interviews with Steven Greern and a few others with the likes of Daniel Sheehan and Alfred Webre, at http://www.disclosureproject.org/audiogallery.htm, for the public to listen to free of charge. I´ve listened to all the files there and can highly recommend it, hope they´ll put up tonights show there as well in the coming days, otherwise I´ll ask you for a short briefing perhaps

Excuse moi everyone else for taking up space with stuff not really falling under the categories of this forum...  
 be well// Qui-Gon    

PeacefulWarrior

Fasting is definetly an effective way to overcome the flesh--it helps the individual to have more self control.  It also proves, on many levels, that our spirit- our non-physical self- is more powerful and in control than our physical self.  

I have had many experiences, and heard of even more, when fasting has helped heal others or otherwise produced very positive results in both the seen and unseen world.

I personally try to fast at least once a month for 3 consecutive meals with a specific goal in mind.

Grace by grace, principle by principle, we strive towards perfection.  

Il mio maestro e' colui che e' perfetto.
e
We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------
fides quaerens intellectum

Qui-Gon Jinn

Hey Roger, just wanted to forward this to you in case you wondered where tha heck Mr. Greer (and Art as well for that matter) was a few days ago, he will be on tonight it seems...
Got this in me mailbox today:
"Dear Supporters of the Disclosure Project,
Dr. Greer's interview on Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell last Thursday and last Monday were canceled due to Art's back problems. However, we have rescheduled this interview for Thursday March 14th at 10pm PST. Please check artbell.com for local station listings.
The show runs 10pm-3am PST [1am-5am EST]."

Cheers, Qui-Gon

Qui-Gon Jinn

...and Daniel, keep fasting mate ;)  I´ll try it myself soon..  here is an very inter. site on the subject; www.fasting.com

Qui-Gon Jinn

Ok, starting Tuesday, 2/4, I´ll sign up for the "fasting/OBE practice" guinea pig role part...   ..fasting for at least 6 days and intense OBE practice during..  if I succeed projecting I´ll give you a report!!  

Be well //Qui-Gon

Sandy

Qui-Gon Jinn, I think this is a great topic. Being vegan (I consume no animal products or by-products) & trying to be a raw foodist, I didn't think a fast would do me any good. After reading all these posts, I godda give it a try too. Thanks for posting.

Jacara

After a fast of a few days, it's good to add back only a few foods at a time, to see if you're allergic to any of them.  I know at least two people who are allergic to wheat, but they didn't know it until they fasted and cleared it out of their bodies.
So even if all the foods you eat are normally healthy, your body might not think so.
"You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" - Mark Twain

n/a

Hey all,

When fasting, are you only restricted to drinking water?
Or can we have tea?  Maybe gatorade or soda, or milk?  What is the
recommended allowance of such things or does it matter because they are not solid food.  

Nightflier...

Frank

Personally, I cannot see how the body's energy is heightened by not eating. But food-fads are all the rage these days so there's no harm in you giving it a go, I guess.

Yours,
Frank

Qui-Gon Jinn

SANDY, I´m to am turning more and more into raw food, one really feels the difference, and all for the better for it!!
A fast is just as beneficial for a vegan/vegetarian as for a meat eater, although more likely less toxin to get rid of...  but unless you´ve been living on only bio dynamical food for the last 10 years even the vegan will loose alot of body fat tissue stored toxins..     ...and living on this planet today, even if you don´t consume much toxin, you still get ´em in you through the environment so.
  The detoxification though is for most experienced fasters only a pleasant "side effect" of all the other benefits...
 .. and the fast will proceed easier (with less "aches") for a "veggie" in general, and the need for transitional days diminishes!!    
  Before going on a fast though I really advice you to read and learn about it, do it right or don´t do it at all...  I´ve been reading and reading the last few days and by sunday I´ll be an expert ;)  And then on Monday I´ll go out buying what I need, got my masterplan all figured out... hahaa..   take care.

NIGHTFLIER, there is such a fast method as water fasting, drinking only water, although I would´t go so far, at least not in the first couple of times. Milk and soda isn´t "aloud", water, "raw fruit and/or vegetable juices", some types of herbal tea and some vegetable bouillions (sp?) seems to be what is "aloud" in the "normal" fast...    and of course no solid food whatsoever.

I´m really curious what effect it´ll have on the energetic levels, I have a hunch they will heighten bigtime after the 3 potentially tough opening days of the fast...  we´ll see..

Be well// Qui-Gon

Edited by - Qui-Gon Jinn on 30 March 2002  20:07:32

Adrian

Greetings Qui-Gon Jinn!

quote:

SANDY, I´m to am turning more and more into raw food, one really feels the difference,

Well if you are turning into raw food, do not go near anyone who is feeling hungry

Apologies for that - couldn't resist. Your English is actually excellent!

For many, many years I have only eaten once per day - in the evening. Sometimes even then I just have a few slices of bread with a spread of some sort.

I feel fine - except my jeans won't stay up, even with the belt on the maximim notch

I have also given up alcohol - I didn't drink much anyway - sometimes just a couple of glasses of wine with my bread. But it does make a difference - all of these things do.

With kind regards,

Adrian.

https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

Frank

I don't know about all this "less aches" stuff but not eating for a day would make me ache like I just got thrown from my horse!

Yours,
Frank

n/a

I'm with you on that Frank!    If I don't eat, after about 4 hours I'll get all sorts of pains especially in spine and neck, and start slurring words and feel like I'm gonna faint!

But that might be because I'm addicted to eating. My daily routine is eating from dawn to dusk.   I need to try this though, I need to strengthen the ole' will power.  

I remember when I lived in Phoenix some 16 years ago, I was living on a small budget. I lived on white rice and bread for 20 months. I learned to live with hunger pangs.  One benefit from this was those hunger pangs from an empty stomach also feels similar to the first drop on a roller coaster!  I used this many times to OBE, it really helped to feel as well as visualize and made it easy to get the vibrations started!

:Qui-Gon Jinn..     Yes, I will start with tea, and juice.   thanks...

Qui-Gon Jinn

Hey again, bare with me if I overload this forum, but I have many Q´s - corious by nature...

It is said that the etheric body´s energetic activity is heightened (raising its vibrations) on an empty stomach, and thereby it´ll get easier to project, spontaneously or/and conciously.
 What if one goes on a fast??  Will that benefit the OBE attemptor or perhaps will the effect of not eating for several days have another effect?  Thoughts?   Perhaps even any of you guys have tried fasting and attempting OBE´s!?´

I have been thinking of taking a week long retreat/fast in the not so far away future, not for the sake of leaving my body, but I´ll sure try while doing it...  just doing nothing for a week without any form of stress should be very beneficial as well my instincts tell me...      
        take care// Qui-Gon