Fictional Worlds Exist

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron330

So what exactly are we saying here? That Scientology got this fact correct, that everything a human has imagined up in a movie or book or video game series has actually happened somewhere in a parallel universe? Or are we saying that because the Universe is infinite, every possibility (and thus everything we have ever thought up or could think up) has happened and is happening somewhere?
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep; because my dreams are bursting at the seams.

000MobianAngel000

Quote from: Aaron330 on April 08, 2014, 11:11:17
So what exactly are we saying here? That Scientology got this fact correct, that everything a human has imagined up in a movie or book or video game series has actually happened somewhere in a parallel universe? Or are we saying that because the Universe is infinite, every possibility (and thus everything we have ever thought up or could think up) has happened and is happening somewhere?

I believe that the universe is infinite, and that humans of this world are the youngest species to exist on this planet. Some stuff we create and others existed before the birth or planet Earth and our generation.

And I believe anything is possible.

LightBeam

I think that in many cases, the authors are able to perceive consciously or subconsciously other realities already established.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Fusions

Both actually!

Bashar has great info on this on youtube, search:
Bashar everything is real
and or Bashar parallel realities / time
The One is ALL. And the All are One.

Xanth

Fictional worlds...

Thoughts are non-physical.  They have no tangible, physical-ness to them.  They exist entirely non-physically.

Anytime anyone "comes up with" an idea like this, of an entire world... it's actually created, however temporarily (or permanently depending upon the strength of the Intent and focus), and becomes part of the non-physical.  All thoughts and ideas begin in the non-physical, and it's up to the physically-bound consciousness to bring that idea into the physical via a medium (writing, video, etc).

So, it's not that the fictional world existed before the thought... it's that the thought creates the fictional world.
From there, depending upon how strong that Intent was which created the world, you should be able to "visit" it. 
It's not an objective visit... it'll be partly influenced by your own expectations and desires of what that particular world "should be". 
Everyone has these expectations and desires (however, consciously or unconsciously known to them)... for example, the Harry Potter world I would visit will be unique to my expectations and desires compared to your own.

Thoughts begin as non-physical... we manifest them physically through our decisions and choices here.  Not the other way around.
That's why things like Dragons and Elves exist non-physically, but not physically as real beings.

PlasmaAstralProjection

I remember Robert Bruce talking about using your imagination to get in touch with the non-physical. He also recommend energy work. I know for me there has been times where my feelings have effected thoughts. We know molecules can give certain feeling, eg serotonin can give a calming feeling, Oxytocin is the love hormone. We look at psychedelics and see how a physical substance with one or more molecules, can make a spiritual experience. My only thought is that somewhere the lines are blurred between what is actually physical and what is non-physical. There must me some kind of middle ground here when talking about the physical versus the non-physical. I don't think is entirely correct to separate the two. Since then there would be no interaction between the spirit, and the body. There must be some parts that have a little bit of the physical and a little bit non-physical like a medium between the two. Figuring out that is a mystery as of right now, just like a lot of spiritual questions. I don't mean to confuse the conversation here between what is physical, and non-physical, but rather give my input on how I see it, and perhaps spark some imagining.  :wink:  In the mean time let's stick to what the avid astral projectors are telling us on what works.

Peace.

Volgerle

Quote from: Xanth on April 11, 2014, 08:22:55
... but not physically as real beings.
Most "real" beings exist non-physically. Only a few "become" physical as they choose to do so.

What is a sentient ("ensouled") non-physical being or just a thought form of your own creation ("on the loose" in the Astral/NPR) is difficult to tell, at least for me. But as even thoughts and dreams are also 'real' manifestations on NPR-Astral-level then one can conclude that these thought forms also are 'real' to some degree.

Only attaching the label "real" to physical beings seems to me the reversal of what actually the nature of reality is. It is also almost materialistic and reductionist thinking. Let's leave that to the Randi people. :wink:

Xanth

Quote from: PlasmaAstralProjection on April 11, 2014, 18:53:11
I remember Robert Bruce talking about using your imagination to get in touch with the non-physical.
Your imagination *IS* non-physical.  :)

QuoteIn the mean time let's stick to what the avid astral projectors are telling us on what works.
Actually, this is your entire problem.  Ignore what other avid astral projectors are telling you... including myself.
YOU tell YOURSELF what works.  Nobody can tell you what will work for you. 

This is an individual process.

Quote from: Volgerle on April 12, 2014, 04:35:44
Most "real" beings exist non-physically. Only a few "become" physical as they choose to do so.
You know what I mean.  :)

You won't find any elves or dragons in this physical reality.

Nameless

Wow LightBeam, what a great first post. In a tilted sort of way your experience validates some of my own which I won't go into right now except to say that stories are told not out of things that have never or could never happen but because they did. So when a writer picks up a pen and begins a story they will 'tell' the story according to their own interpretation or understanding but the story (characters and places) already exist. That old saying, what goes around comes around comes to mind. We know existence is a circle. I do feel that there are indeed moments in any era in which changes to the story can be made. But they are few and far between and often over-looked and so in short the future can be predicted by the past.

That might not be a full explanation but it is the best I can do from my current position.

I envy your recall and your long practice and efforts.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

LightBeam

Awe, thanks for brining my first post back LOL. I guess I went straight to posting experiences. I don't like intros and I don't like goodbyes. I felt that I already knew everyone as old friends and I didn't need to introduce myself haha.

But yes, this was my best experience at the time. I also went to the Harry Potter world a few times. I even posted here an instance where I had an OBE with a particular scene with Harry and Hermione. Then a month after that I watched the next movie on the theaters. I never saw it before my OBE nor I read the book. when the movie got to the scene from my OBE I jumped out of my chair. I said, noooo wayyyy, I had an OBE about this particular scene a month ago with the smallest details. It was a pretty amazing.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

PerspectiveShift

Quote from: Nameless on October 20, 2021, 22:55:16
Wow LightBeam, what a great first post. In a tilted sort of way your experience validates some of my own which I won't go into right now except to say that stories are told not out of things that have never or could never happen but because they did. So when a writer picks up a pen and begins a story they will 'tell' the story according to their own interpretation or understanding but the story (characters and places) already exist. That old saying, what goes around comes around comes to mind. We know existence is a circle. I do feel that there are indeed moments in any era in which changes to the story can be made. But they are few and far between and often over-looked and so in short the future can be predicted by the past.

That might not be a full explanation but it is the best I can do from my current position.

I envy your recall and your long practice and efforts.

Really cool initial post LightBeam! You were obviously very conscious to be able to relay all of that detailed information back to PR. (Miles and miles beyond what I relay back from my foggy dream experiences lol.)

As for the rest of the conversation of NPR and PR it comes down to a chicken/egg scenario. What happened first, the thought of the reality or did the reality exist before the thought. I think this concept would be impossible to understand with our limited faculties because time is a limited dimension in this reality. If infinity exists, than these realities would exist before an individual thought them up, but yet they are made of thought essence as we all are in this structured reality. You see it is unimaginable in my opinion because Time is the limiting factor here. We all think in terms of linear time and duality which distorts pure truth.

But this is just my thoughts on the subject. I'm a straight up noob and just read some books on various subjects regarding these philosophies. I enjoy this topic!!
Be the change you want to see in the world.

LightBeam

PerspectiveShift, you are absolutely right. Time is not linear in the multiverse. We only perceive it as such here, due to the nature of our reality. As you mentioned there are many things we will not be able to understand while here, but that's ok. I think we know enough to be able to have a general idea of how the multiverse works and our place in it.

As far as recollection goes, most of my OBEs/APs are even more clear that events in the physical. I have noticed though that my recollection is most clear when I enter the non-physical from vibrational state. for some reason the stronger the vibes are, the more "awake" I become and the longer and more clear the experience is. When I enter though realization during a dream or without vibes, the experiences are shorted and less clear. That is just me though. I always practice a visualization. motion technique as I fall asleep at night and that technique usually triggers vibes and they "awake" you sometime during the night.
Captain Jack Sparrow

floriferous

Quote from: PerspectiveShift on October 21, 2021, 14:18:39

As for the rest of the conversation of NPR and PR it comes down to a chicken/egg scenario. What happened first, the thought of the reality or did the reality exist before the thought. I think this concept would be impossible to understand with our limited faculties because time is a limited dimension in this reality. If infinity exists, than these realities would exist before an individual thought them up, but yet they are made of thought essence as we all are in this structured reality. You see it is unimaginable in my opinion because Time is the limiting factor here. We all think in terms of linear time and duality which distorts pure truth.

I personally think it is helpful to simplify this by taking things in the opposite direction. With this notion of infinity and eternity we are simply adding to the number of possible dimensions and potentially over-complicating things. By saying infinite and eternal we aren't removing the sense of time and space. Eternity means forever in time. Infinity means forever in space. We haven't removed space and time. We've just made them unending in this scenario.

You might say true reality is dimensionless. This eradicates time and space. And it's not so much that every possibility exists happening right now but rather that it lies unmanifest potentially waiting to arise in awareness. Not every possible eventuality has to be simultaneously playing out for true reality to be One.

One interesting consideration of our nature is by asking 'can there be an end to reality?' An ending to such a thing would require awareness of it having ended. And if there is awareness then it hasn't ended. Similarly, 'did reality have a beginning?' Well there would have to be awareness before it began to say it began but if there was awareness then it wasn't the beginning. So not 'eternal' or  'infinite' but everpresent.

So I, awareness/true reality (or whatever you like to call it) is everpresent. Without birth or death or existing in space or time. Dimensionless being.

I think your question about what came first depends upon your definition of 'reality'. This current human experience is largely thought based but pare that back and you still have awareness so in this regard 'thought' comes after. And after all a thought does not exist without awareness of it so it could never come first.

These are my thoughts building on classic non-dual teachings of the Vedantic and Tantric traditions.

PerspectiveShift

Quote from: floriferous on October 21, 2021, 17:32:29
I personally think it is helpful to simplify this by taking things in the opposite direction. With this notion of infinity and eternity we are simply adding to the number of possible dimensions and potentially over-complicating things. By saying infinite and eternal we aren't removing the sense of time and space. Eternity means forever in time. Infinity means forever in space. We haven't removed space and time. We've just made them unending in this scenario.

You might say true reality is dimensionless. This eradicates time and space. And it's not so much that every possibility exists happening right now but rather that it lies unmanifest potentially waiting to arise in awareness. Not every possible eventuality has to be simultaneously playing out for true reality to be One.

One interesting consideration of our nature is by asking 'can there be an end to reality?' An ending to such a thing would require awareness of it having ended. And if there is awareness then it hasn't ended. Similarly, 'did reality have a beginning?' Well there would have to be awareness before it began to say it began but if there was awareness then it wasn't the beginning. So not 'eternal' or  'infinite' but everpresent.

So I, awareness/true reality (or whatever you like to call it) is everpresent. Without birth or death or existing in space or time. Dimensionless being.

I think your question about what came first depends upon your definition of 'reality'. This current human experience is largely thought based but pare that back and you still have awareness so in this regard 'thought' comes after. And after all a thought does not exist without awareness of it so it could never come first.

These are my thoughts building on classic non-dual teachings of the Vedantic and Tantric traditions.

Yes 100%. Logic and Thoughts and Intuition are faculties that we know and can master in this reality frame which allow us to partially comprehend "reality". Time and Space also. But there are probably other perspectives different than Thought, Logic, and Intuition etc that can be experienced. It's all we know so that's all we think that exists. The fundamental baseline of who we are is awareness for all we can comprehend with the additional invisible faculties added on such as Rational thought, Emotion, and then you get the more physical: sight, touch etc in the perception of form.

Our language is limited in talking about these "out there" subjects. At some point it just has to be experienced. That's also the blessing of experiencing physical-ness. We are experiencing unique faculties like rational thought, spewing emotions, subtle intuition, feeling planted in the body like we are our body... it's actually really cool when you look at it from this perspective with all the different aspects to this reality frame.

Like literally the way we think is just one perspective. The way we perceive is so limited but very unique still. And then we learn the ability to consciously AP and get smacked with a whole other set of faculties. It's no wonder we can't remember some of our experiences/dreams. Super cool!!

I think im sounding a little nuts now. You got me going!! Haha!  :wink:

I also almost forgot to mention.... One book that really opened my mind as well to new pathways of thought was the Spirits Book by Allen Kardec. I always go into everything with a sense of open minded skepticism, but I was amazed at how interesting this perspective is as well.
Be the change you want to see in the world.