Finally projected again! Is my method hindering progress?

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron330

Finally, SUCCESS!!

I haven't had a projection since January because of my schooling. I've been trying rigorously since the semester ended, but to no avail, until today. I laid down around noon for my Saturday projection attempt, used the Monroe Hemi-Sync 10 track as I have been doing (and I fell asleep well before I even got to the part where he says "now I am going to count to focus 10). I woke up once the track stopped, and I put my ear plugs in and eye mask on and tried to fall asleep while doing the "noticing" exercise combined with imagining myself on a roller coaster. I ended up having a dream where I became lucid, and when I became lucid I felt my body tingling everywhere and the loud astral wind noise, so I decided to try and move my arms. I felt my pillow and my bed and thought "darnit, I moved my physical arms", then I remembered that I have made this mistake before, so I just trusted it. I rolled out of body and started "flying" with outstretched arms like superman. But while flying I could not see anything but blackness. Instead of getting frustrated, I just tried imagining a city below me and it slowly started to appear! But only very slightly, and then it faded away. After that I slowly woke up.

I am VERY excited about this, being the first projection I have had since January. However, I am wondering if the way I project is a problem. I've always projected by allowing myself to fall asleep, and then become Lucid during sleep either through hearing a loud ringing noise, or becoming lucid in a dream. From there I always use the roll out method just fine. I'd like to learn phasing, but I feel like I'm far too light of a sleeper to "phase" directly into a projection. Maybe next time when I become lucid I should try using a strong sense of imagination to go somewhere instead of using the rollout method? What do you guys think?
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep; because my dreams are bursting at the seams.

Lumaza

"Is my method hindering progress?"

Well, by the fact that you followed up that question with the first words "Finally SUCCESS", I would say that your method is working!  :-)

You have found a method that has brought you success, so, keep on keeping on! If somethings not broken, don't try to fix it.  :wink:
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

EscapeVelocity

IMO, you are in an "experience period" where you are challenged on at least a few levels to realize several things. For instance, Where are you within your consciousness? What "exit method" got you here? and why? What inner abilities are you recognizing?

The "success" that Lumaza pointed out is significant. The next realization is Why? and How? How did that success come about?

Rolling out versus Phasing...just stay open for awhile, you will be challenged with a variety of possibilities of how OBEs can occur. If you are given a scene, go with it...if just left to create your own, then be open to going with that also; build it yourself.

Either way, what you are describing is progress. Good work!

EV
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Aaron330

Quote from: EscapeVelocity on June 28, 2015, 05:20:44
IMO, you are in an "experience period" where you are challenged on at least a few levels to realize several things. For instance, Where are you within your consciousness? What "exit method" got you here? and why? What inner abilities are you recognizing?

The "success" that Lumaza pointed out is significant. The next realization is Why? and How? How did that success come about?

Rolling out versus Phasing...just stay open for awhile, you will be challenged with a variety of possibilities of how OBEs can occur. If you are given a scene, go with it...if just left to create your own, then be open to going with that also; build it yourself.

Either way, what you are describing is progress. Good work!

EV
Thanks EV, this confirms what I was thinking. I shouldn't say I've never projected any other way, because there was one time when I woke up in sleep paralysis and had a scene appear in front of me which I stepped into. However every other time has been through the same method.

I'm sure it's like any other skill, which requires hundreds or thousands of repetitions and practice sessions to get very good at. Right now, the vast majority of my projections are just me stumbling around in a dark, etheric room and demanding for eyesight. I haven't encountered any beings or had any interactions really, and they usually last about 30 seconds of real time. But part of me knows this is probably because I'm still a beginner, and more clarity and vivid experiences will happen with the more projections that I have. I guess for now I'll stick with what's working.
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep; because my dreams are bursting at the seams.

Szaxx

If you regard yourself as a master of the art and think that you only need to remove some obstacles that hinder you, the doubts you have about your ability will cease.
It's thinking that you need to do more to progress that's actually slowing things down.
The darkness can be removed in many experiences by feeling the things around you. Smell them too, this will phase you in to the environment giving all the expectations you know you should have.
If you want light, demand it and expect it to get brighter. It's your experience and you have the steering wheel.
You're doing great too.
Expect and know you'll get better at it.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Aaron330

Quote from: Szaxx on June 28, 2015, 22:26:50
If you regard yourself as a master of the art and think that you only need to remove some obstacles that hinder you, the doubts you have about your ability will cease.
It's thinking that you need to do more to progress that's actually slowing things down.
The darkness can be removed in many experiences by feeling the things around you. Smell them too, this will phase you in to the environment giving all the expectations you know you should have.
If you want light, demand it and expect it to get brighter. It's your experience and you have the steering wheel.
You're doing great too.
Expect and know you'll get better at it.

This is why I make sure to post all my experiences on this forum, because Szaxx and Xanth and the other mods always tell me exactly what I need to hear. Thanks for the reassurance and sound advice Szaxx. I will keep doing what I'm doing!

floriferous

If I am trying for the more traditional OBE this is the method I use as well. I listen to a focus 12 exercise for about forty minutes but stop it before it brings you back down to C1 then turn on my side and just go to sleep. I reckon about 80% of the time now I have an OBE like this. Obviously it has taken some time to get the percentage higher but your subconscious mind gets used to the process and it wakes you for the good stuff more regularly. I think these are beta and gamma spikes that bring your awareness back which is why hemi-sync is better for this because it mixes beta in with he lower theta and delta it uses .

I used to think this method was a cop out as well because you don't feel like you're initiating it yourself but but can't argue with the stats. And don't forget leading OBE expert William buhlman used this method for years.

Szaxx

Once your subconscious is programmed all you need to do is relax and start the process.
The rest is automatically performed and you can achieve almost 100% success every time. This takes a min or two once relaxed.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

PlasmaAstralProjection

Great job Aaron, nice to see that your still making progress.