First experience....confused and need help!

Previous topic - Next topic

CinCin

I've been listening to some programs about astral travel, so this morning i attempted it. I woke up this morning and was really tired, so I started falling asleep again, but I tried to keep my mind awake. My body eventually went into sleep paralysis, but my mind stayed reasonably conscious...although not totally. I tried to separate my astral body from my physical body....it was very hard at first, but then i felt my hands lift out of my body. Then suddenly I started feeling vibrations throughout my body, starting at my hands. I focused harder and harder, and suddenly and very quickly I left my body...hovering just above it. I told myself to go to the door and I did. On the way, I noticed one of my shirts on the bedroom floor.

During the OBE, my vision was very cloudy and dream-like. I couldn't see very clearly, so I tried to open my eyes more...but as soon as I did that, I was back in my body in bed. Later, I noticed that the pink shirt I saw during my OBE was NOT actually there! So now I'm wondering:

1. Was the whole experience just a dream?? How can I tell apart a dream from an OBE?
2. Does our mind create things that we see during an OBE, or can we actually see what is really there in the physical world?
3. Do the vibrations actually occur or is it just a sensory illusion within our nervous system?
4. During the OBE, what is your vision supposed to look like? Mine wasn't very clear...it was cloudy and dream like. Is there any way to have clearer vision?

I really need these questions answered! Please help!

Zante

Quote from: CinCin on March 27, 2008, 22:02:06
I've been listening to some programs about astral travel, so this morning i attempted it. I woke up this morning and was really tired, so I started falling asleep again, but I tried to keep my mind awake. My body eventually went into sleep paralysis, but my mind stayed reasonably conscious...although not totally. I tried to separate my astral body from my physical body....it was very hard at first, but then i felt my hands lift out of my body. Then suddenly I started feeling vibrations throughout my body, starting at my hands. I focused harder and harder, and suddenly and very quickly I left my body...hovering just above it. I told myself to go to the door and I did. On the way, I noticed one of my shirts on the bedroom floor.

During the OBE, my vision was very cloudy and dream-like. I couldn't see very clearly, so I tried to open my eyes more...but as soon as I did that, I was back in my body in bed. Later, I noticed that the pink shirt I saw during my OBE was NOT actually there! So now I'm wondering:

1. Was the whole experience just a dream?? How can I tell apart a dream from an OBE?
2. Does our mind create things that we see during an OBE, or can we actually see what is really there in the physical world?
3. Do the vibrations actually occur or is it just a sensory illusion within our nervous system?
4. During the OBE, what is your vision supposed to look like? Mine wasn't very clear...it was cloudy and dream like. Is there any way to have clearer vision?

I really need these questions answered! Please help!

What one 'sees' is rarely a perfect replica of what we observe while 'awake'. This is due to all sorts of variables but the end result is a domain we refer to as the real time zone/RTZ (high percentage synchronization with events occuring in the physical). It resembles the physical world we're all familiar with yet it follows very different laws and it's because of this that discrepancies arise. Subconsciously, yes, we do interfere with the experience as our minds make an attempt to understand everything in a linear sense, a single flow of time in three dimensions. Physical objects are more than they appear, you can interact with them in any way you choose, be it through speaking or thinking. We're used to doing things a certain way so in our early stages we attempt to recreate the feeling of walking as our primary means of navigating the environment. It's for this same reason that we assume things are meant to be a certain way and we allow ourselves to be easily confused/shocked by anything we consider to be out of place.

People experience vision in a number of different ways. In the early stages very few have vision similar to what they're used to. In my case everything was pitch black with only a silver outline of certain objects being visible. Some people experience 360 degree vision, I have only experienced this briefly as it was followed by a screetching sound in the back of my 'head' which made me lose all concentration, bringing an end to the session. I've experienced blindness but a sense of knowing the layout of the entire environment perfectly. Initially I was frightened but as I calmed down things started to become clear and I understood where I was and how to explore the area.

The vibrations/resistance are not physical, neither are they an illusion.

It may have been a dream, if you're asking that question. Immersion varies depending on the energy invested, the greatest moments being when the sense of existing in that reality is vastly greater than in day to day life.

Welcome to the fringe.