First OBE: 7:00 AM 2004-07-17 - LONG thread

Previous topic - Next topic

Major Tom

manuel

wow preety damn cool and intense for a first experience [:D]

bluejay

Congratulations, I will almost have to try this method out myself.

One question though, What exactly triggered your OBE? Was it the initial alarm or when you started the sequences? [:)]

michael

yes indeed.great stuff! You have cracked it...good luck with future OBE's.

cube

Wow, your first projection was a lot more vivid and far longer than any or mine so far, that's very encouraging!!! Keep us posted on your progress and of course please let me know if you have ideas for improvements on the exit method.
OBE Guide: www.saltcube.com/obe-guide/
Find APers near you: www.saltcube.com/nearMe
Bimonthly OBE Newsletter: www.saltcube.com/?t=newsletter

Omnigod0101

BlueJay:
I honestly don't know what exactly triggered my OBE. It may have been from using affirmations. My pendulum told me I'd project that night and I have strong faith in it's knowledge. There are a million and one things that could come into play here...nothing I could say would be the universal trigger...everyone has their own. I'd say the only thing that really is a sure-fire guarantee is faith in one's ability.

Cube:
Hey thanks a lot! I'll definatly keep rolling out as my journal grows. Been really drained the past 2 days from too much fun ;) but I'm sure things will get back on track soon enough. I don't think there is a lot of room for improvement, it is ultimately a great method for everyone so long as they stick to it and give it a good honest effort. I will definatly try some things out though!

Dream Cadet

Omnigod0101,

Congratulations!  It looks like the hard work paid off for you!

D.C.

Omnigod0101

Thanks a lot Dream Cadet. Of all the communities, sites, and forums I've seen on metaphysics, astral travel and all that good stuff this one has by far been the most supportive and helpful of them all. People here are just all around great people and had it not been for all here at this community I think a lot of us would be stuck with a hunch for something great but no way to find it.

SpectralDragon

Ahh to see the expression on your face when you woke up from this[:D]

Here is what I feel triggered this experience: pure, raw emotion and a channeling of your higher self. Have you been feeling "more yourself" before the experience? Because based on reading what happened before the projection you were pumped and excited about several things, and this cuased your spirit to "jump around," and so why not jump out of your body?

It seems a type of 3x focus was used. You basically drowned out the unknown factor by cramming the brain with all of the stuff that was going on in your life at the time (almost all of it positive if I am not mistaken)

You have been going through a period of "spiritual high" lately, this is based on you saying you were drunk when you projected. This is also why I am thinking you were channeling the higher self.

A very good read, and you will definitely have more experiences like this in the future. Some of them will surpass this one but the first experience is always hard to beat. [:)]

Omnigod0101

SpectralDragon:
That is a very good assumption to consider. I have actually been very satisfied with my life lately. I'm am generally a very happy and very positively motivated person, but more-so lately than ever. I've had less fear of who I am as a person and more courage to take pride in that rather than keep it subdued for those around me.

Calling on my higher-self is unknown to me. I have a strong belief system in which our higher-self is constantly with us, we simply have to learn how to listen to it and let it guide us.

Lastly, I love your quote in your signature. That is a very meaningful thing in my life. All men know the name of the horse with a single horn erupting from it's forehead. Does this not signify it's obvious place in reality? Sorry...wild mental tangent there.

SpectralDragon

quote:
Originally posted by Omnigod0101

SpectralDragon:
That is a very good assumption to consider. I have actually been very satisfied with my life lately. I'm am generally a very happy and very positively motivated person, but more-so lately than ever. I've had less fear of who I am as a person and more courage to take pride in that rather than keep it subdued for those around me.

Calling on my higher-self is unknown to me. I have a strong belief system in which our higher-self is constantly with us, we simply have to learn how to listen to it and let it guide us.

Lastly, I love your quote in your signature. That is a very meaningful thing in my life. All men know the name of the horse with a single horn erupting from it's forehead. Does this not signify it's obvious place in reality? Sorry...wild mental tangent there.

In my own experience the higher self is too huge for the human mind to hold onto, so we are connected to it and it is a part of us, however these small vessels are only the tip of the iceberg of what "we" truly are. Your experiences of course, might differ.

Oh, it's a rhino![:P](Kidding)

Omnigod0101

You just gave an extra little push to opening a whole new door in my philosophy of life.

AntiGravity

Congradulations OmniGod! What a wonderful experience!
It was a great read, and its motivating me more to get out of body. Ill have to try cubes method as soon as I can, looks like a lot of people are having sucess from it! Thats all from me, congrats again man! Good luck with future travels [:)]!

Omnigod0101

First off I'd like to thank cube! Without his advice of a method found here: http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13262&whichpage=1, this would have taken a lot longer to achieve! Thank you!!!!!

This morning started out very frustrating as when my initial alarm went off at 5:30 to wake me up for my practice I had a lot of competition getting back into a relaxed state much less to sleep. These things at this point are all very unimportant as the good news is finally I had in fact gone into an OBE. I'm not entirely sure what exactly fueled my OBE but I will do my best to explain things from the beginning...

-Born Again with Wings

I started off in a dream world of some type, not exactly sure but I felt very drunk and intoxicated. I was having a hard time controlling my basic motor skills, and the only thing I really knew for sure was that I REALLY needed to pee. I somehow (A lot of this part was blocked out after the OBE) managed to get into Dez's bathroom. I know it was hers because I knew I was at her house, and it had the very large mirror on the wall with the door to the right of it. For some reason though the toilet had moved to almost directly in front of the mirror. I began doing my duty, when shortly after I realized I'd peed all over myself, the floor, and the mirror. Terribly emberrased, and still quite intoxicated feeling I stumbled up to clean the mess I had made. Next thing I knew I ended up in a completely different room no longer with my 'bodily mess'.

Again this frustrated me, and for some reason without even thinking about it I simply told myself "imagine the bathroom as hard as you can, and you'll be back into it". Ohhhh did I imagine. I closed my 'eyes' and began to imagine, a sudden flash of light with a sound only described as "woosh" I was suddenly tingling all over and laying next to my girlfriend in her room. The room was lit by the mornings glow as well as an omni-light that seemed to stay with me as I navigated about the room. For some reason at the foot of the bed was a door that led outside. This puzzled me very little however noted, as I was more excited at the time to have escaped my body.

The vibrations were intense at this moment and my vision wasn't it's best yet, but I instantly took everything I read and began my trained practice of breath control. I'm not really sure what the exact reason was for, but I began to roll. Perhaps to fully escape my body but as I rolled I rolled to the side and wound up laying my head directly into my girlfriends lap. She made no motion, no noise, and no startling attempt at asking me what was going on. ( This time ) So I excitedly began to dart for the door at the foot of the bed, or so I thought anyway...as I sluggishly crept to the edge of the bed and immediatly fell to the floor. I remembered one thing I seem to have forgotten, I don't have legs in the astral, and I sure as hell can't rely on being able to just "push off" things.

I used my arms and created my own balance structure and got myself upright. As soon as I was up there was no stopping me as I was more determined than ever. I looked at the door and I darted for it with all my might. As I got closer I saw it was a windowed door, and beyond it was a pool.(At the speed I was traveling I knew I was going over or through it.) I thought nothing of the door and made no attempt to 'open' it as I headed for it as fast as I could. I knew inside that the door would hold no competition to my direction and as expected I flew straight through it. (As there really is no door at the foot of her bed this instantly took me from the RTZ and placed me into an astral dimension.)

I could feel myself smiling, I lept into the air and gracefully floated over the pool and into the grassy field behind the house. (There really is no grassy field behind her house as it is a residential park, but after exiting the door I knew I'd left the all possibility of sense behind) The field was beautiful, slightly rolling with strong, healthy trees all throughout it. I jumped up in the air for the first attempt to really fly, and as I floated along I began my sinking back down. I remember thinking to myself 'Damn' as I'd realized that I had to train myself to ignore gravity.

I instantly ran, and as I did I saw a child running towards my path tossing a ball into the air, I ran by laughing and jumping in front of him and I believe I gave him a hell of a startle. He just looked at me as if he'd just seen a fool run through his path of bliss and pass by like the wind. I could not resist any longer and began flying up and down and left and right, and also doing my best to incorperate my training that gravity no longer existed. Which I believe I've already got quite a handle on  I even flew feet first, backwards, up into the air through the trees facing the ground with my arms extended in front of me. Darted back towards the ground and kicked myself around so I basically did a 360 and turned around.

Suddenly I remembered something I'd read in Robert Bruce's Astral Dynamics about being able to simulate travel via vehicle such as driving a car or riding a motorcycle. Considering my love for motorcycles passed on to me from my biker father I was truly excited for my next experiment. I got in position as if I were sitting upon a crotch rocket and tweaked the throttle. I don't know if it was me making the noise or if it just came to me but I had the engine screaming as I tore off like a bat out of hell flying back across the grassy knoll towards the house.

Upon hitting the final hill before the house I jumped my 'bike' into the air and instantly threw my arms out to my side as I flew backwards through the air like something you would see in a comic book. It felt amazing, I felt amazing, the view was something I could have never imagined, and the best part was it was so real and anything I wanted to do I could and anywhere I wanted to be I was there. As if I'd been injected with all the confidence in the world, I instantly knew everything I needed to know about 'flying' and darted down towards the house and like a stunt plane turning seconds before I crashed and shot out past the house over a large body of water. (I am living right by the beach in florida you know.)

As I flew along next thing I know I saw the golden gate bridge that crosses California. The colors were so vibrant and the bridge was so detailed. Considering my poor vision this was probably one of the parts that meant the most to me. I shot up to street level and soared over the cars on the bridge and back down and off the other side. I quickly flew back to shore and landed, hearing my phone beeping to tell me to wake back up.

"excrement" I said to myself. "I've got to write this down before I forget it" - The hardest part of this whole thing, leaving it before I could finish experimenting all the things I've been dying to try. I also wanted so badly to try and make it to API to search for any fellow OBE'ers, much less continue on my adventure through the realms of the astral. I decided that time was forever mine at this point, and the best thing to do would be write down my experiences and go at it again another time.

Another woosh, another set of vibrations and I was instantly laying back in my body. Not fully attatched yet I lay there a minute thinking to myself in excitement. I was still viewing through the astral vision as I lay for a moment catching my breath. (The door was gone this time however) Finally I settled back in, and here I am. I've got a lot of new theories based upon this experience, but we'll save that for later. Right now it's only 7:30 and I'm going back to bed to finish sleeping.

EDIT: Excuse the messy grammer/writing. This is directly from my log on my laptop so I was quite out of it not to mention excited when I wrote this.