Flashes

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob29

Hello:

Has anyone ever experienced flashes when attempting to project?  I've had it happen just recently over the past 3 nights and then I fall asleep.  Is this some sort of sign that my body is falling asleep and that I can soon project?

Any comments or insight is appreciated. :-)

Thank you!

tr0798

There's 2 flashy things that I know of. There's one that covers my entire field of vision and usually has accompanied vibrations and one that is localized in one area of my field of view and does not have vibrations. The latter is also usually a bit brighter and seen, while the former is usually not "seen" per se... more like "perceived" in what feels like sight, but is not really.

The entire-field-of-view one happens when I start having vibrations. Honestly, it feels to me like a visual form of vibrations, while the "regular" vibrations are more tactile. The two types often happen in combination for me, but not always. Focusing on the pulsations seems to bring on "regular" vibrations for me.

The localized one seems to occur just before I hit REM sleep. I think its probably some sort of precursor to dreams. You're starting to form images, but they're not quite organized or detailed at all. The urge to black out and lose consciousness is usually quite strong just before REM sleep for me.

If you are experiencing the second one, that's probably what is happening. But honestly I can't really say; I can only use educated guesses when speculating upon the experiences and sensations of others.

Steele

sometimes my eyes flicker and others yeh i do get flashes off light and sometimes pulses through my entire body. basically i would say anything you wouldnt normally expect to happen like when your just walking around in the day to day. if things like that happen when trying to project that usual means you are progressing.

Steele

Rob29

Exactly it!

I get to the flashes but then my body feels completely exhausted and I blank out.  I've been using mantras and visualization techniques to keep myself conscious to that point but then BOOM, I'm out.  I feel these techniques work the best for me.  I also tense my whole body and relax.  Is there anything else I can do or is it going to just take time to train my mind to stay awake?

Thanks Again!

Stookie

I've experienced these pulses myself. I've read that flashes or pulses (called "pulsing") can be from your crown chakra beginning to overflow with energy and you get that flash of light as it "pulses" from the crown into the brow chakra. Non-confirmed though.

SnakeDoctor

i havent read thru it all, its about 630am and i have yet to sleep...so forgive me

but the only "flashing" i've had was when i was out of my body. what seemed like a surge of energy when thru the house, i followed it and right behind the threshold i could see in "xray". it was odd

god i need another project so i have more insight :(

dbmathis

Every time I have projected or was very close to it I get the color effect. Basically it resembles the colors that appear on an old TV if you stick a magnet on it, the colors start out by covering my complete field of vision and then move inward to single point, disappear and then repeats.

I would say to observe and be aware of anything "out of the norm".
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand."

My AP Progress -> http://www.malleablelight.net