For Your Listening Pleasure

Previous topic - Next topic

PeacefulWarrior

nitetravler- I clicked on the files and the download dialog box popped up, so I downloaded the file(s) but they downloaded immediately (too fast) and I know something was wrong---and sure enough, it didn't work.  Any info that would help me?
-DT

fides quaerens intellectum
We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------

Qui-Gon Jinn

Hey Daniel, went there just a few moments ago, first I tried the sep 8 file, I could only here a 21 seconds long... something.. no more...  I though that was the case with every file - for me at least with my crappy puter.
But the next file I tried (3rd of March) worked just fine, after hearing the same 21 sec thingie the rest came automatically, and I am listening to it at this moment, using RealPlayer, so try that one from March (3rd) - it should work for you as well I reckon´....
I just browsed through the whole list and found some 20-25 shows to listen to, seems the majority of the shows is about the subject of UFO´s though...

Take Care //Qui-Gon

- Your focus determines your reality -

nitetravler

I believe they're having problems with the archives at the moment, as this link states:  http://www.rense.com/intr.htm

I hope they get it up and going soon because there's a lot of great info there.

I just tried downloading the links and they all work except the one for Sep 8th.

If you want to download to your hard-drive just right-click on the date of the program, click on "Save Program As",  and stick it on your desktop (or wherever).

BTW if you're interested in Jeff Rense's website here it is:  www.rense.com

A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or else what's Heaven for?

-Robert Browning

Tom

When I tried to download the files, they all downloaded to around 100 bytes. The extensions were .ram and I think that is "real audio" or something like that. It will be necessary to try to open the files from their current location and record them through the sound card to wav and convert them to MP3. I'll try to do it, but if it doesn't work out for me maybe it will for someone else here? And would then it be okay to put them in the MP3 section of the newly established library?

PeacefulWarrior

Thanks...I'll try again.

We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------

Tom

Taking my own advice, I got the march 3 and january 11 files to play. These things are actually two files. About 20 seconds plays and then it starts the main file, which runs about 2 hours 51 minutes. There are commercials. I haven't edited them out. Using a program called Audiograbber, I recorded the output from Real Audio. Real Audio said that these files were playing at less than 7 kilobits per second. My MP3 player can only go down to 32 kilobits, so after recording 1.7 gigabyte wav files at 1411 kbps I brought them down to 32 and used Cool Edit 2000 and its noise reduction plugin to remove clicks, pops, and some crackles. Then I normalized the files. While I'm not sure I'm remembering correctly, it seems that these 170 minute files were ending up around 40 megabytes. Like I said, I recorded the March 3 and January 11 files. This isn't like the interview on the Art Bell show with Robert Bruce. I didn't even consider the possibility of copyright or whatever applies because we were talking about putting Robert Bruce's interview on Robert Bruce's web site. We all know how generous he is and that he would want us to have the interview. This is different. It is from somewhere else. Are we going to have to all download the files individually or is there somewhere I can upload the files to where it would be okay to have them available?

Qui-Gon Jinn

The Buhlman interviews was great, but the one from the 3rd of May with Mr. Taylor was awesomely inspiring, don´t you think?

QUESTION; Anyone of you guys read any of the two individuals upstairs books?? Taylor´s Soultravler and Buhlman´s...  the title avoids me at the moment..  have oyu, in case, how were they??

Be well //Qui-Gon

- Your focus determines your reality -

Tom

Since you liked the interviews, maybe you might like the books? The authors couldn't be much different in one form than the other. The attitudes of the titles (words like "soul") bother me, too, but often the content of the books can be helpful anyway. Frequently I find myself thinking that it would be better if more of the people who write books on astral projection could be like Robert Bruce. He can find a good title for a book.

nitetravler

I've read both of these books, and they're both great, though in different ways.  Bill Buhlman's book is more technical, as well as more thorough.  He even covers quantum physics, drawing close parallels between astral projection and this intriquing science.  Of course he includes some of his earliers experiences, as well as those leading up to his first astral projection.  I personally find William Buhlman to be more scientific in his writing style, but by no means boring.  In a nutshell Buhlman's approach centers around a technique called 'The Target Technique' in which a person focuses on an object in another part of their home, the idea being that by focussing your attention away from your body, you can trigger an OOBE.  Bill has a great website:  http://www.out-of-body.com/

By contrast, Al Taylor's book is more journalistic, with less emphasis on technique and science.  Most of the book recounts his astral adventures, with the last 2 chapters devoted to techniques.  His approach centers around a technique called 'The Interupted Sleep Technique' in which the person goes to bed (say at 10 pm), awaken at 1 am, stay up for 2 hours (no lying in bed), then goes back to bed, relax, and don't move.  This will supposedly bring on what he calls "the paralysis state" in which the subject can then use to project from.  Al has an interesting website:   http://www.alberttaylor.com/  and this one, which is almost a replica of the first:  http://hometown.aol.com/soltravler/obe.html

Another person who deserves mentioning is Robert Peterson who also has a great website:  http://www.robertpeterson.org/obebook.html

-Robert Browning

nitetravler

Hi!  I found some great interviews on the Jeff Rense program that you guys might be interested in.  The people being interviewed are Albert Taylor and WIlliam Buhlman, two experts on Out-Of-Body experiences.  These programs are absolutely fascinating and make great listening.  They also make great ancillary material to what is taught here.  If you're interested, here's where to go:  http://events.yahoo.com/shows/endoftheline/99archives.html

After clicking on the above link, click on the following dates:  Sep 8th, May 3rd, Mar 3rd, and Jan 11th.

-Robert Browning