Free OBE Alarm computer program

Previous topic - Next topic

pmlonline

Hi,

I wrote a tiny windows application called the OBE Alarm, now on version 1.1.  It's an OBE aid and has an interesting introduction.

I use an updated AntiVirus and spyware scanner on my computer so it's virus free.
http://www.geocities.com/pmlonline/ap.zip

Kind regards,
Paul L.
NOTE: I believe a moderator may have edited some of my posts on mysticism. I will no longer post here until users can know when moderators edit their posts.

Free 700 pg online book from an Initiate:
http://www.rosicrucian.com/rcc/rcceng00.htm#contents

AntiGravity

Hello pmlonline! Just curious, what does this timer do? Does it just beep at random times or something? Or is it more of an OBE inducing track?
Thanks in advance!
Take care  :D

pmlonline

Dear AntiGravity,

It's a very tiny program and consumes hardly any resources.  The program only beeps and/or pops up a reminder window but the effects reach far beyond that.  It improves awareness by reminding you to do reality checks.  By strengthening awareness you improve your spiritual life and increase your chances of having an OBE.

The program will eventually become useless once you build up your awareness.  It is not a get quick OBE results as I am not a believer in such.

Here's a copy of the introduction within the program:
+++++++++++
What does it do?
This program operates on a Reality Check principle.  In other words, it reminds you to do a Reality Check through out the day while you are on your computer.  For example, lets say every 22 minutes through out your waking day you ask yourself, "Am I out of the body?"  After doing this repetitive Reality Check for months you will eventually ask yourself this question while out of the body.  There will be a good chance that you will become conscious while out of the body when you do a Reality Check.

What is the Reality Check?
The Reality Check is more than just asking, "Am I out of the body?"  Here is the Reality Check:
1. Ask yourself, "Am I out of the body?"
2. Focus on yourself.  Become coherent, conscious, alert, but remain calm.
3. Recall the past 15 minutes or so.  Quickly glance back upon the last few hours.  Were you doing anything unusual such as float, fly, act unusual, etc.
4. Perform an OBE test.  I would do one of the following OBE tests.  Option A: try to push your thumb threw an object.  If you're at your desk, then try to push your thumb through the desk or perhaps your chair.  Please note that even if you're out of body there's a chance that your thumb will not go through an object that easily.  In other words, you very well may need to apply a lot of pressure.  The reason for this depends upon the vibratory rate that your Astral or Etheric body is in relative to the nearest world you are in.  The Etheric body is far denser than the Astral body.  So generally speaking the Etheric body requires more force to snap a thumb through an object than the Astral body.  Also as mentioned, it depends how close your body's vibrator rate is relative to the plane you are in.  Example, if your Astral body is at a vibratory rate of 18 units and the plane you are on is at a rate of 17 units then it will be easier to snap your thumb through an object as compared to if your vibratory rate was 17 units on the same plane. OK, now if your thumb snaps through the object then you know you're out of the physical body.  Option B: jump up into the air.  If you float down like a balloon then you're out of body.

How long does it take to work?
This is difficult to answer. This computer program will increase your chances of having an OBE, but you still need to do your usual OBE exercises as prescribed in your OBE book. I recommend "Astral Dynamics" or "Mastering Astral Projection" by Robert Bruce. He has some nice OBE exercises such as the rope technique. Generally speaking people who put forth 110% effort can expect to have an OBE within a month.  Although I've found that people are so different and unique from each other that the generally expected time is fairly meaningless.

Important tips to having an OBE:
* Have a strong intense desire or will to have an OBE.
* The more time you spend reading and thinking about OBE's during the day, especially before going to bed at night, helps a lot.
* Every time you wake up you should remain still and calm. Try to recall all of your dreams.  Go over the experiences in your mind.  Over time you'll begin to recall more experiences.  This is not to suggest that dreams are OBE's.  By my definition, an OBE is when you're completely awake and conscious, just like you are now, while out of body.
* I highly recommend that everyday you perform visualization exercises.  Visualization exercises build up the 3rd eye chakra, located between your eyebrows.  Also, as strange as this may sound to some people, I highly recommend exercising the love / heart chakra.  This is exercised by being of service to others, having great compassion and love for all things.  You may feel a nice warmth in the chest area when you truly use the heart chakra.  A perfect balance of both activated chakras leads to Continuity Of Consciousness (never ending 24/7 consciousness) and something wonderful happens! See the following diagram: http://www.rosicrucian.com/images/rccen017.gif
* Waking up after half your sleep period and doing your OBE exercises and/or reading an OBE book for an hour or two will make a huge different.  If you sleep for 8 hours a day and go to bed at 10pm then you would wake up at 2am (10pm + 4 hours).
* Just before going to bed you should say something like, "I will remember, I will remember, I will remember."
* Find a good OBE book like "Astral Dynamics" or "Mastering Astral Projection" by Robert Bruce and follow the directions.

How to use this computer program?
If you're near a computer, then simply run this program. By default the program will alert you every 22 minutes.  You can change this to what ever you wish. I personally preferred 11 minutes.  By default the program will beep and popup a window to alert you every 22 minutes. If you're at work and do not want any sound, then uncheck the Beep. When you're ready, click the start button.

My thoughts on OBE exercises:
I was fortunate in that my initial OBE's came on their own accord. During my college years I woke up from a nap at home to find myself flying out of my body.  This happened numerous times, but I thought I was dying.  Out of fear I willed them to stop.  One day I learned they were OBE's, a good thing.  So I read some books, practiced the techniques and in one week I had a full-blown OBE.  Since that time I've been out of body a lot and have my 100% personal proof that I was truly out of the body and that OBE's are real.  Over time I learned about OBE's and what worked for me.  I have some fairly firm beliefs what will cause OBE's, but I no longer advocate the get quick OBE exercises.  I am now a firm believer that the best way to have OBE's is to let them occur naturally by building up / exercising the lower self; i.e., the Physical body, Vital / Etheric body, Astral / Desire body, and the Mental unit.  It's the slow path but IMHO the best path.  When the lower self is in tiptop fit shape then you'll have continuous never ending consciousness!  That is, when you go to bed at night, you will not go to sleep but rather you will merely slip out of the body fully conscious and from there you will have access to every place on this planet, other planets, and the heavens and beyond.  You will have the ability to leave the physical at will in the blink of an eye.  Physical pain will never hold you hostage again.  While out of body you will meet beautiful Angles, Teachers and your loved ones.  You will have playtime, but you will also have the privilege of working with these wonderful beings to help the world. :-)

Peace,
Paul L.
+++++++++++

Paul
NOTE: I believe a moderator may have edited some of my posts on mysticism. I will no longer post here until users can know when moderators edit their posts.

cube

There's another method that involves timers here:

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13262&highlight=

I definitely agree that reality checks during the day is effective!

BTW I also have a similar timer program here: http://www.saltcube.com/timer.html
OBE Guide: www.saltcube.com/obe-guide/
Find APers near you: www.saltcube.com/nearMe
Bimonthly OBE Newsletter: www.saltcube.com/?t=newsletter

AntiGravity

Ah, cubes infamous never-fail methods  :D . I really should try one of those this weekend. Anywho, thanks for clearing that up for me pmlonline, really appriciate it. Ill probably give it a go, always looking for new things to try and new ways to OOBE!
Take care
:P

pmlonline

Thanks for the info cube.  Very nice!  I'm still reading that thread.  I wrote the alarm program years ago and uploaded it on astral pulse, but just recently noticed the file section is gone on astral pulse.

I think your OBE method is first class superb.  Perhaps your method and my obe alarm could benefit each other.  Your method is used at night and mine is used during the day.  Although the obe alarm was designed to improve self awareness.  So it's not a get quick obe results.

AntiGravity, I like cubes methods.  Have you tried it before?

AntiGravity

Quote from: pmlonlineThanks for the info cube.  Very nice!  I'm still reading that thread.  I wrote the alarm program years ago and uploaded it on astral pulse, but just recently noticed the file section is gone on astral pulse.

I think your OBE method is first class superb.  Perhaps your method and my obe alarm could benefit each other.  Your method is used at night and mine is used during the day.  Although the obe alarm was designed to improve self awareness.  So it's not a get quick obe results.

AntiGravity, I like cubes methods.  Have you tried it before?

Oh yes, I love cubes methods, though I havent had any luck with them yet. I tried the interrupted sleep technique today, but couldnt get back to sleep, so that was a bust. Im gonna try a lot of new things today, Ill probably download your program too. Wish me luck, take care!

cube

Hi guys,
I also think practicing reality checks frequently during the day is a good way to learn how to quiet the mind.

I've put together some exercises that you can do to make rhythm napping much more effective. First are a week's worth of sleep training routines which help you to fall asleep faster:

http://www.saltcube.com/?t=sleep-training

Secondly, if you are able to watch your body fall asleep while staying awake you'll should have excellent results with almost any AP method you try:

http://www.saltcube.com/?t=watch-fall-asleep

AntiGravity

Hey again! Yesterday was a little bit busier than I hoped it would be. Didnt get to do much of anything AP/OOBE wise. I just downloaded your program though, pmlonline, looks very good. Nice and small timer with a purpose. Ah, its the simple things in life  :lol: lol. Ill be using this for a while, Ill let you know how it goes in a few days or when something out of the ordinary happens.
Much love!
:D

EDIT: Cube, on your LD/OBE Timer, theres a couple things I dont understand. By that I mean, it says Candle Focus and Incremental Refocusing, and I just dont understand what I would use those for. Would you be so kind as to further explain them? Thanks in advance!

cube

Candle Focus and Incremental Refocusing are things I'm experimenting with but haven't gotten to work well enough to write up a post about.