Friend cannot stop lucid dreaming

Previous topic - Next topic

Xtian

Hi everyone

I am writing this in regards to my friend who has a bit of a problem.

When i got to know her she told me that she has been dealing with some sleeping problems for a few years now, that is: every night when she goes to sleep she has lucid dreams. She often goes from awake state through the hypagogic state down into dreaming without losing awareness. This however cause her sleep to become irregular and she often wakes up during the night only to be exhausted the nest day. She has been seeing doctors for a few years and they have detected that she cannot go into deep sleep. Her brainwaves keeps her around REM-sleep, sleepstage one and two but not further down which explains her frequent LD.

Until recently she hasnt been aware of that other ppl also have LDs and she found it surprizing that many ppl are pursuing to have them. This also includes OBEs which she also experience quite frequently, and also incidents of remote viewing. I told her that this is rly great and that i know so many ppl who would love to have what she has. But her situation is not as great as it seems...

Except for her often being tired, the content of the LDs is often very disturbing. Recently she has tried to deal with them by controlling them but sometimes, she says, she cannot control them and they seem to have a life of their own even though she is aware of that she is dreaming. She says that they often are about dying and on a few occasions she has woken up anly to see someone next to her bed pointing a gun at her. She also have hallucinations when approaching sleep but still awake, sitting up in her sofa, very real ones. Also these very disturbing content. She often have problems with sleeping paralysis and this is also what mostly inhibits her sleep. Sometimes they might last for as long as 30 min. She often sleepwalks and describes incidents when she has woken up by standing in the middle of a room hyperventilating.

I told her that the disturbing content of her LDs might be fear tests and told her that this is a good opportunity to deal with her fears. As for the other things im unsure. It seems though as if she has a great potential to discover the greater conscious reality, but at the same time a lot of the other more distrubing things seems quite inhibiting. Ive given her my understanding of LDs, OBEs and all that and told her to read robert monroes book

What advice would u give to her? What do u make of her profile?

thanks

Lionheart

If she is so bothered by this, why isn't she posting here?  :?

I think you should have her come to this Forum and see for herself that she is not alone with this. We can teach her how to become more aware in these Dreams and find the real reason/lessons behind why this is happening to her.

If she is becoming Lucid in her Dreams, it is for a reason.

I have LDs almost every night and I enjoy "most" of them. I have my day/physical life and my night time/non physical adventures. I know what you mean by it sometimes being tiring. I awaken often in the morning exhausted. But that goes away quickly.

Many times when I awaken my mood has been already set by what I just experienced and the emotions involved in the scenario. This is why I understand perfectly why most people do not remember or become Lucid in their Dreams. It become a difficult "juggling act" of sorts to do this.

Xtian

She asked me to do it. Her english and understanding of all the terms on the forum is quite limited.. But thanks anyways for a useful answer :)

desert-rat

She might try deep breathing while going to sleep . It puts me to sleep . She might try some hatha , or kundlini yoga . She might look for a forum in her lang.  I have scene new age/med. phy. forums in other lang.s
http://www.kundaliniyoga.org/contents.html

CFTraveler

There are various associations that are related to it.  One can be a problem with the brain not being able to go to delta (deep) sleep, and another is that she may be in pain (people with fibromyalgia seem to have this) and it just doesn't let her get comfortable enough to get there.
There are other reasons why she can't get deep enough that are not brain-based:
EMFs in her surroundings.  Are there high voltage apparatus in her room or adjacent to her that could be causing disturbances in her brainwaves?
Does she have lights in the room?  Blue lights especially tend to cause these types of disturbances in her room.
Has she had EEGs that have detected alpha intrusions where her delta waves should be?  Many many possibilities to take into consideration here.
Why?

majour ka

I recommend having some psychotherapy. Maybe CBT. Since her mind seems to be hyper alert which if it isn't pgysiliocgciol then had to be psychological which I would assume is more likely.

If there is a level of stress or depression that isn't dealt with that can cause lucid sleep aswell as ad deams. Too much third eye focused meditation can also create lucid dream expuriences.

Hope that's of use