Giving up music and TV to improve my chances of OBE.

Previous topic - Next topic

Eyyoshi

Something I never had the willpower to go through with until now. But recently I've been getting great sleep and relaxation, but I've noticed it ends fast when ever I listen to music. I listen to a mix of music from metallica to remixes of video games. They fog my mind with daydreaming, fantasizing, and worst of all random thoughts. They also make you active when you're supposed to be stable and meditative.

I suppose it's the kind of music, some one listening to something calming probably won't have this problem but if they spam it in their ears all day (like I do) the benefits would have no effect. You need a clear mind to practice OBE. That's how some get exit sensations easier than others, well at least that's my guess.

Other notes: I donated to get 4 of the brainwaves. Which I'll be using, Abyss got my attention when I first listened to it. Felt my body and especially my head was shifting around, even physically lol.

ArmyOfOne1911

Hey Yoshi I hear what you are saying. I am not sure if music can play a role with OBES or not. Believe it or not, my first OBE I ever had I was listening to slayer right before. You would think that would do the exact opposite.  :? It's cool though what you are saying. That's dedication. I believe it will pay off for you too. Keep up the good work. :-D

Stookie_

It's up to the individual what interferes, and it's awesome that you recognize it and want to get rid of it.

It would be hard for me to give up music... it's therapeutic for me, even hardcore punk. TV ain't no thing though.

Lionheart

I gave up watching TV for a short time when I was trying to learn to focus deeper. Now that I have, the TV doesn't bother me as much. Except for the "brainwashing" commercials, I just can't get used to them! I still use Binaural Beats and Isochronic Tones today and enjoy the results. I have found that Paul Collier does some fantastic ones that you can find on Youtube. Jurgen Ziewe also has a great one name "Far Countries", the link is here.  http://www.multidimensionalman.com/Multidimensional-Man/Free_Deep_Meditation_Sounds_-_Binaural_Beats.html

Szaxx

Hi,
Paul Colliers music tames the beast. I listen to it when someone's head needs pulling off. Its sooo relaxing.
A very good post Lion.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Thaki

Lol Yoshi i have the exact same problem.Listening to Powerglove,Blotted Science,Gojira,sometimes even dubstep,makes me just fantasize and daydream.I dont consider it bad though...i guess it helps visualisation and as an imagination training....i go with the flow..

Rudolph

Quote from: Lionheart on March 19, 2012, 14:55:51
I gave up watching TV for a short time when I was trying to learn to focus deeper. Now that I have, the TV doesn't bother me as much. Except for the "brainwashing" commercials, I just can't get used to them!

This gets to the heart of it. The commercials are pure hypnosis imho.
Watch the wall of a dark room with the TV going with the sound muted and notice the "strobe light" effect. These marketing folks know exactly what they are doing.

TV turns the brain to mush.
Beware the fake "seeker" who finds Truth to be abusive.

Lionheart

It takes 30 seconds of TV for the Alpha State to kick in. From there you become a "marketing firm's" dream. If you know what they are doing it doesn't have as much of an effect on you. Knowledge really is everything!  :-)

Contenteo

Good thread.

I do feel music has an influence on your ability to successfully project, if not directly, then definitely indirectly.

If you are what you eat, then your consciousness is what it experiences.

Cheers,
Contenteo

urshebear

Apparently classical music helps to raise vibration. Internet is probably just as bad as TV when it comes to brainwashing, subliminal messages etc

CFTraveler

Good luck to you.  TV and Music have never gotten in the way for me, but worrying does.

Stookie_

Quote from: urshebear on March 22, 2012, 04:58:57
Internet is probably just as bad as TV when it comes to brainwashing, subliminal messages etc

I would say the difference is that with the internet you have a much bigger choice as to what to view and you can choose to stay away from all the junk. There is so much better stuff on the net than TV, especially user-driven and non-commercial media. It's more about sharing information than having it crammed down your throat for someone else's profit.

urshebear

QuoteI would say the difference is that with the internet you have a much bigger choice as to what to view and you can choose to stay away from all the junk. There is so much better stuff on the net than TV, especially user-driven and non-commercial media. It's more about sharing information than having it crammed down your throat for someone else's profit.

Good point but its pretty hard to avoid the adds and stuff even when you are making the choice to stay away. and I know the android phones have started being bombarded with sex industry adds even when you are not browsing the web. makes me mad because its not even limited to over 18s.

Lionheart

In the last 3 weeks I have been using that coast to coast radio program to Phase. It kind of creates a "split consciousness" when you do that. One part of you is listening and soaking it in, the other is way off enjoying a projection, kind of like multitasking. They do have a number of entertaining and interesting topics there. I made a forum here to tell tell people when there is a show on that may peak people's interest here. It can be found in the "News and Media" section here.