Going Inward

Previous topic - Next topic

ABQ

Usually when I, and most others, say they are going out of body or refocusing the mind, I intend to go flying some place. It may just be a matter of semantics, but I've got a question.

Has anybody intended to go within themselves?

I've come across an exercise where you would go within your self, confronting your sorrow until you hit rock bottom, and then go deeper, underground, until you entered a hidden reservoir, lying down beside the still waters.

Has anyone ever done this?
What was the experience like?

EnderZ

I am pretty sure I know what you are talking about. But I've never tried it while out of body, I use it while meditating. Sort of like being inverted through your heart chakra.

About confronting your sorrow. Last time I used this technique, I was able to go deeper than I had ever previously done so, and what resulted was definitly a confrontation of a huge inner problem I have been facing for the last several years. Before this, I was never even aware of it, it never came to surface. That last expirance answered alot of questions regarding my feelings.

I did not intend to face an inner problem,  when I did this, it just happened. So I believe my experience could be what you are refering to.  

I'd love to hear the exercise.

mrloki

check out Frank's posts on phasing in the astral faq....out of body experiences actually take place within ourselves when we think we are in an astral plane its probably your own imagination.  maybe you have already been within yourself

Astralopithicus

Quote from: mrlokicheck out Frank's posts on phasing in the astral faq....out of body experiences actually take place within ourselves when we think we are in an astral plane its probably your own imagination.  maybe you have already been within yourself

Hmm this post seems to be pretty out of tune with all the literature I've read on the subject, not to mention probably all the posts in this forum. Not saying your reactionary, but it seems to be the general consensus that your consciousness does somehow manifest in a form outside of your physical body and that the 'astral' is indeed a 'realm' with a kind of geography which can be explored. Saying 'it's all in our heads' probably isn't what most people here would agree with, but hell, no-one can say anything for certain about this topic, that's why it's so fascinating :)

mrloki

i'm sorry that i misled...your consciousness does in fact leave your body when you will it too...but you might not know much about Frank's posts merely because he hasnt been able to be here in over a year.  if you do read on and get into the mat of his writings it is really interesting