GOOD BOOKS?

Previous topic - Next topic

astral man

Hey guy, i want to read some more on astral projection , and as i have read the only book in my local library, I am going to have to buy some.....Anyway, I was wondering if you could recommend some that are really good and that if possible won't cost me a fortune, I have a somewhat limited spending amount lol :roll:

Thanks, it would be appreciated :wink:
"People only see what they are prepared to see."

Teomim

Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce, is probly the best of the best, when it comes to this paticular subject. Cash your pennies in if you have to. It is WELL worth it.

~Z?~
"I do not take drugs. I am drugs." -Salvadore Dali

~Music is my Sinaquanon~

manuel

honestly, robert monroe beats any thing, he has 3 books on the subject, i can send you a copy free if you want.

PennywiseTheClown

You definitely need "Astral Dynamics" by Robert Bruce.

If you want a detailed training programme, also get "Mastering Astral Projection" by Robert Bruce and Brian Mercer.

The books by Robert A. Monroe are also a "must read" (for starting OBEers especially the first one "Journeys out of the body"), as is the classic "The Projection of the Astral Body" by Sylvan Muldoon and Hereward Carrington.

Another two books I'd recommend are "Out of body experiences" by Robert Peterson and "Out of body" by William Buhlman.
We all float down here ... and if you're down here with me ... YOU'LL FLOAT TOO!!!

sinister

Hi all i have been using Ophiels art and practice of astral projection the past two years and have had anly a few lucid dreams from all my efforts every day for th past two years so i am moving on to Robert Bruces methods.I dont want to ask you for a copy manuel but i will,,,for i am quite light in the wallet and really want to get a new astral projection book
              Thanks verry much..Steve

bvp663

I'd also recommend Robert Peterson's books.  He offers one of them in ebook form free on his website - http://www.robertpeterson.org/ and it's a good a read. They are interesting personal narratives on his OBE experiences in addition to some various training exercises/ideas in the back (nothing new or groundbreaking).

astral man

"People only see what they are prepared to see."

catmeow

Yeh, I'd completely forgotten about Robert Peterson's books and web site.  Highly recommended

catmeow
The bad news is there's no key to the Universe. The good news is it's not locked. - Swami Beyondananda

catmeow

btw sinister I think you should remove your address from your post, by using the "edit" feature.  There are a load of strange people around who will misuse it!  (Not regular members of this board of course!  :lol:)  If anyone offers to send you a copy, I recommend usingthe PM feature and you can give your address using this, but otherwise keep it private!  Sorry I'm bitter and twisted and cynical!

catmeow
The bad news is there's no key to the Universe. The good news is it's not locked. - Swami Beyondananda

Astral-Jas

hehehhe My sister got me Journeys out of the body for christmas, I think thats a good one.

Frank

Hello:

If money is tight then my reco would be Astral Dynamics for a good all round practical book on this topic. The two later Monroe books, IMO, are good books but are not really geared for beginners, as they contain no actual techniques or methods. They are more aligned to Monroe's thoughts and experiences.

Monroe's first book Journeys is a tad dated now, especially in regard to all the talk about various "locales" which has been superceded by his later focus-levels concept. But this was the very book that got me into all this 20-odd years ago. The technique Monroe gave in the book worked really well for me.

Yours,
Frank

catmeow

Monroe's original book was the one which opened it all up for me.  It's written in simple language.  It's a must for anyone interested in the field.  I actually like the idea of locales presented in the book.  RB's Astral Dynamics is undoubtedly one of the best books on the market today, also a must.  Also look at Buhlman, Peterson, Muldoon and Fox. But there are many others, I'm thinking of compiling a list but it would take some time...

catmeow

catmeow

These are the two guys who started it all off, very highly recommended...

Sylvan Muldoon:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/087728069X/
Oliver Fox:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0821600125/

Personally I prefer Muldoon's precision and detail, but I also loved Fox's haunting Farewell Song of the Soul.  Please read.  Get copies from your library if nothing else!

catmeow

sinister

Hi everyone i just wanted to see if anyone has had the same hard time as me with some methods for astral projection?Ok so i have been trying to astral project for two years now with ophiels book art and practice of astral projection,and all i have gotten so far is a few lucid dreams,even tho i have been doing the methods for astral projection in his book every day for two years missing the odd day hear and there.But gave all my efforts and nothing in return which has gotten me quite frustrated,for i have spent sooooo much time on his methods which have not done a thing for me,that i know of.so what im wondering is if anyone els has had the same problems with his methods?but were able to project with other methods?Thanks ,,,Steve