Got a sensation last night! It subsided though.

Previous topic - Next topic

ArmyOfOne1911

Last night I was laying down in bed. I had major thoughts last night. I just had so much on my mind. It turns out... after a while I got a sudden tingle feeling throughout my body. This was very familiar so I didn't get as excited this time. I did know what was happening though. My heart started to pound a little bit harder. I tried not to lose focus but for some reason it subsided. I think maybe I was to focused on my physical body. What can I do if I feel this again to keep it going? It's the first sensation I have got in a while so I was pretty stoked even though I didn't have an OBE. I did have a spinning sensation last night though and my third eye chakra felt big at some times. It was a good reminder to keep at this and never give up. :- )

Contenteo

I like to call this "pulling the trigger," It's a nice rush of focused energy, usually towards your third eye/crown Chakra.

The wonderful sensation you got occurs when you "pull the trigger" to early. It's a nice rush that doesn't go anywhere. What you did to get that feeling should be kept in you back pocket until you are in a nice F18 state. Yes, not F10(mind awake/body asleep) or F12(vast blackness) or F15(falling into you bed) but F18(grayish white airiness), until you pull the trigger. Yes, disconnect through all those levels and then focus upwards. Bulletproof.

Best of Luck.

Cheers,
Contenteo

ArmyOfOne1911

Thank you sir!
The falling into the bed used to happen to me alot. That was always one of the main things I feel before take off.

Contenteo

That's the one. Unmistakable.

It's pretty difficult to cultivate on demand, but its truly bulletproof if you can get through it and have not expended your 'thought/mind/intent' energy(whatever you want to call it).

If done in a drowsy induced OBE, sometime you won't need to even focus upward. You'll blank out and be in the astral before you even know what happened.

I am honestly dancing around in my own head as I fall downwards whenever I get it, because getting through disconnecting yourself breathing is such a #!^(#.

GL on your travels.

Cheers,
Contenteo

linemile

The same situation occurs to me pretty much every time I attempt a projection. I'll be silent and still, when I have some kind of  increase in energy. Sometimes, it feels downright wonderful, and I just end up laying there in this really happy, energized state. The energy is sometimes brougt about by a sudden thought or mental image, and those ones are usually stronger. However, no matter what way the energy comes about, it always just ends up fading away, and then I have really rotten concentration for the rest of the night because I'm too focused on bringing the feeling back.

It seems to me that this energy feeling is the very start of the seperation process, since I never have prior symptoms. So, what to do with this energy? Focusing on it always just seems to make it leave faster; should I do the classical "ignore all signs" approach?

(sorry for the long Q in your thread Ao1, it just seemed like a good follow-up situation :p)

Contenteo

:-P No worries, long threads are the ones that stitch shirts.

Lol, well, ok, first, in response, catch 22 time, you can't ignore something without recognizing it exists in the first place. Nix that idea. Next.

You are at a really good point right now. I can vouch. I did this all the time when I started. What you are doing right now is the hard grueling practice you hear us grumpy older projectors preaching about all the time. The cool thing is, it's not that bad, right? You are simply getting more familiar with all the ins and outs of your world when you close your eyes.

Ok, next actions for you. If you havn't gotten OBE yet, I would highly suggest trying an early drowsy run. I know it kinda sux. But this is the initiation most to all proficient projectors have gone through. You need a crutch. You are just an ensign at this. Remember, if you didn't have the internet, you would consider this sensei/monk master stuff. You find the exit a couple times with that method, you will know exactly "where" you need to "go." This will make the these conscious exits you are attempting right now a whole lot easier.

Speaking of ridiculously long threads, check this one out, I made it this way for this sort of situation. I keep a copy of it by my bed.

Link to First Steps:
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/the_steps_to_success_in_your_first_projections-t33998.0.html

Here's the rest of my prescription:

Learn Strong F10, I like to a "Novocaine state" before I move on. (I know, you'll be too excited and you won't believe me now, but in time, you will find this is really clutch, it ensures near 100% accuracy for me, confidence is important)

Major Tom's Focus 10 Post
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_permanent_astral_topics/focus_10_mind_awakebody_asleep-t24783.0.html

Here's a map I made; I like maps.
My Old Conceptual Framework
http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h438/Robert_Carbone/Contenteos2011ConceptualFramework.jpg

Here's some a lot of reading to keep you busy. Analyzing Frank makes a lot of this very easy. He documented his understandings brilliantly.
Link to Xanth's Frank Kepple Resource
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/franks_posts_pdf-t31449.0.html

Only you can find the way. I can say all types of fun, fancy, intriguing words to you, but it's really all about you reading the maps of others paths, constructing a strong mental model and then forging you own. That's the great journey of life. The important part is you keep your mind mailable and test your own hypothesis moving forward.

Cheers,
Contenteo

wandering-star

iv astral project a good few times, but can u meditate on your third eye,and astral project through your third eye,?,

Rudolph

Quote from: wandering-star on March 08, 2012, 16:17:43
iv astral project a good few times, but can u meditate on your third eye,and astral project through your third eye,?,

In the Sant Mat Surat Shabd School that is the *only* projection method that is taught, for the most part. Projecting through lower chakras limits the Seeker to lower levels of Consciousness during the projection.
Beware the fake "seeker" who finds Truth to be abusive.

CFTraveler

Quote from: wandering-star on March 08, 2012, 16:17:43

As Rudolph said, yes.

ArmyOfOne1911

Linemile- That's alright! The more questions the better for everyone.  :-D