got in some SP this morning, heard a voice too

Previous topic - Next topic

jay dawg

so i woke up after 5 hours of sleep, stayed up for over an hour. i laid down for maybe a half an hour then i found myself in some kind of H.I. dream sequence of that new cold war demo that was just released for PC that i played lastnight. i was in the level and was waiting to shoot some guys but i noticed i had no rifle in my grasp. i thought to myself "this must be a dream then", so i tried to summon a gun but found my awareness back in my bed where i felt a set of vibes then full blown SP. i heard a wispering voice saying something. i couldnt tell what it was but it kind of freaked me out. i tried my hardest to break the SP but it didnt work. so i remembered to breathe very deeply and i came out of it! yaaaaay!!!!

ok dont laugh at me, cuz this is the first time i have achieved sleep paralysis from TRYING to do a WILD. question: if i stuck with the SP, would i have had an LD or have projected if i had tried to roll out or something? is that the next step 8) thanks

SilverSlider

hey jay

"achieved" sleep paralysis? From my experience, sleep paralysis is nothing to hope for. My SP episodes have always been either annoying or really scary. After I got through the original fear I was just annoyed that I was stuck like I was.

I don't know if one could project or start a lucid dream from sleep paralysis, but that would be very interesting if it is possible. All the times I've woken up paralyzed, I either woke up eventually or went back dreaming.

I think I remember Robert Bruce saying in AD that he hasn't found or heard of a way to do anything from sleep paralysis.

Brad

NickJW

Quote from: SilverSliderI think I remember Robert Bruce saying in AD that he hasn't found or heard of a way to do anything from sleep paralysis.

Brad

lol it is IMPOSSIBLE to have a councious OBE without first achieving sleep paralysis or more commonly called "the trance state". While in sleep paralysis you could try rolling out to get out of your body and do a RTZ projection or you could try stimulating the chakras while in sleep paralysis which is supposed to give you more clarity.

Also from SP you can do astral phasing which is the best method to getting in the astral plane, in stead of the real world as a ghost (RTZ).

One of the things you must do to start astral projecting is master the SP state. With practice you will be ever to enter SP at will.

(PS you guys sound new so if there is any terms you don't understand in this message just do a forum search)

The only over way to get into the astral is by lucid dreaming although you will be more councious if you do it from astral phasing, and to phase (or project into the RTZ) you must be in Sleep Paralysis.

SilverSlider

Hey nick, maybe I shouldn't have tried to be modest. I am positive that in Astral Dynamics Robert Bruce mentions something about how he doesn't know any way to project from sleep paralysis, as defined in AD.

I realize that one will be paralyzed once he projects, but the sleep paralysis this man is talking about is usually accompanied by unfounded fear and possibly even shadowy figure(s) near the body who in some cases are even holding the person down.

If you would like me to provide some citations, I would be happy to.

much love
Brad

jay dawg

hmmmm well ive been into dreaming for a long time now. ive had some LDs from both wilds and dilds. im still learning about projection though. from what i have learned, getting SP is the best thing that can happen to you as a prerequisite to an LD or OBE.

NickJW

you are correct JDawg there is only one SP and you MUST get into it to conciously project. Silver, I don' tthink you have read AD if you dont think SP is sumthing you must do. Do you think people conciously project out of waking conciousness? No, you must be in SP. I'm 100% positive i have been in these forums for a while now and I can counciously project, I know what I'm talking about.

SilverSlider

Ohhhk this is getting rediculous. There is a definite difference between Sleeping Paralysis/NIGHT TERRORS and your body being paralyzed due to trance. I am now going to quote from Astral Dynamics, to illustrate my point.

QuoteWaking paralysis (also called sleep paralysis) is extremely common: you wake up paralyzed, or suddenly become paralyzed while relaxing or trying to get to sleep - but while still awake. Most people will probably experience it at some time. This can be terrifying, as the cause is always unknown at the time. Paralysis is a well-known symptom associated with out-of-body experience; natural projectors will, more often than not, be found to suffer frequent bouts of waking paralysis throughout their lives, especially during their teens and twnties. I was plagued by it during my childhood, teens and twnties. It slowly lessened in frequency over the years, but only after I began regular energetic development and learned how to project in my early twenties....The two most popular theories are dissociation and spontaneous projection.

QuoteEntering the trance state brings the first symptoms of dissociation; the deeper the trance state attained, the more difficult movement becomes. But dissociation brought on by the trance state comes on slowly, in degrees, over many minutes. Waking paralysis, on the other hand, comes on very swiftly, usually within only a couple of seconds. And I have never experienced full waking paralysis during trance, not even during the virtual catalepsy of the deep-trance state.

You guys are getting confused between actual sleep paralysis, and your body being paralyzed due to deep relaxation.

QuoteVery often, for not apparent reason, people will either suddenly become paralyzed while relaxing, or while trying to fall asleep, or they will wake up to find themselves paralyzed. Everything is quiet and they have no major projection-related sensations (vibrations or rapid heartbeat); they just find themselves suddenly and inexplicably paralyzed.

QuoteMost paralysis episodes, in my opinion, happen after the projection exit has occurred.

QuoteWhile some waking-paralysis victims claim to succeed at converting it into a projection, the vast majority fails to do so.

QuoteIf paralysis is caused by a projection already in progress, as I suggest, then it would obviously not be possible to have another projection at that same time. This may accoutn for the extremely high failure rate of attempts to convert waking paralysis to OBE.

Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce, pgs. 87-88,90.

If you have any more questions, please, just read the chapter in AD entitled "Waking Paralysis," on page 87.

Cheers

brad

edit: Nick, there is a person on these boards who can apparently consciously project while being fully awake

NickJW

It dosent matter what Robert Bruce calls it, it is still the condition called "sleep paralysis" or "waking paralysis". In the phasing model, you must enter F10oC to have an OBE or to astral phase. This is when your body is asleep and your mind is awake. Also known as paralysis. Whoever thinks they can project while fully councious and not in paralysis is lying or suffers from skitzofrenia(sp?).

I'm not sure what Robert Bruce is exactly talking about, but ask any experienced person in this forum and they will say you must be in some type of paralysis. In reality, not from a mystic's point of view, body asleep, mind awake is called "sleep or waking paralysis", and you MUST be in it to have an OBE or to phase.

You shouldn't trust one point of reference like AD for all your info, you will see that alot of Robert Bruce's stuff is mystic and comes from his own belief systems.

He obviously talking about 2 different kinds of paralysis, one which scary things happen, and one which is less intense and makes it easier to project. Either one can be turned into an OBE, its just easier to OBE if your not scared by the more intense version of paralysis.

SilverSlider

All right nick, apparently your thought system works and mine works as well, so we'll leave it at that. If you don't understand after the information I just gave you, I'm not going to continue to argue about this.  

brad

p.s. jay dawg if you have anymore questions feel free to ask and sorry for digressing your thread.

jay dawg

yeah no prob, but seriously, i have spoken with a ton of experienced WILDers and OBEers and they all say SP is required. robert bruce sounds like he doesnt really know what hes talking about. i dont care how popular he is, hes wrong. and there is only ONE sleep paralysis: you cant move while u are awake.

on another note; i have been in the trance state without being paralized. not sure why though.

Stookie

QuoteWhoever thinks they can project while fully councious and not in paralysis is lying or suffers from skitzofrenia(sp?).

I'm sure it's true in the beginning for most, that in order to perceive in other states of consciousness the body must be asleep so you don't perceive any of the physical senses. But there are many people who consciously project while awake. They train themselves and extra-sensory organs where they can "tune-out" the physical. It's an overlay experience, and I'm sure takes years of experience to do. Like seeing auras - they don't exist in the physical world, but a person is fully awake when they see them. Many forms of clairvoyance are conscious projections. Supposedly Monroe could project from a waking state towards the end of his life.

William Buhlman says in "Adventure Beyond the Body", pg. 66

Quote"...I discovered an odd state of consciousness that I refer to as dual consciousness. I found that sometimes I was able to shift a percentage of my awareness between my physical and my nonphysical body. It's possible to perceive with both forms simultaneously and to adjust or shift the percentage of our awareness between our bodies..." "...By force of will we can control this shift of awareness;"

NickJW

if you were moving while in sleep paralysis it was just your astral arms. The first few times I got in Sp by accident I could move my arms, but I later found out that its impossible to move except for your eyes and that they were actually my etheric/astral arms.

jay dawg

i dunno nick. theres been a few times where i have gotten in trance and then felt a full on electric shock, set of vibes come and go a few times, and i was able to move right after. i did RCs and i was awake though. im not sure how thats even possible but it happened.

im kinda ticked cuz when i did WBTB this afternoon, i hit trance and felt a set of vibes coming on, but at the same exact moment, someone came home and the garage door was soooo loud it broke me out of trance right away! :oops:

NickJW

I know, my sister will always start blasting music when im aboyut to enter SP. I have felt the electric shick thing as well when I was stimulating my chakras while  in trance once. It then felt like i was spinning and I ended up in an astral realm of some sort. The electric shock on my spine was very intense though.

Adrian

Hello everyone,

Quote from: NickJWyou are correct JDawg there is only one SP and you MUST get into it to conciously project. Silver, I don' tthink you have read AD if you dont think SP is sumthing you must do. Do you think people conciously project out of waking conciousness? No, you must be in SP. I'm 100% positive i have been in these forums for a while now and I can counciously project, I know what I'm talking about.

Sleep paralysis is a direct result of the Astral body already having separated from the physical body; i.e. projection has already taken place. It is then a matter of using the Mind to "will" yourself what to do next, e.g. float upwards.

If you achieve SP and become terrified, you will be saying to your subconscious mind that you do not welcome that condition, thereby blocking the future projections.

If you experience SP you should immediately welcome it with as much emotion as possible, and then decide to float upwards, move sideways, to the door etc..

Much of Astral projection and OBE is programming the subconscious Mind to accept it and encourage it.

Best regards,

Adrian.
https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

jay dawg

ive had a few "dreams" i guess u would call them, maybe LDs or OBes not sure, but all i know is it was really fuzzy and i would wake up or something and find myself in SP but then would will myself to move around my room with my mind, and it worked. i always thought they were just dreams but who knows.