Had an OBE and learnt some things!

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdeadevil

So in the morning I wasn't really trying, but I thought seen as it was hard to move in the position I was in anyway, I thought I'd give inducing an OBE a shot, and it worked! So, when that happened I was more curious this time on how to do certain things, so I experimented. I touched surfaces like desks and concentrated on what they felt like, asked myself why I could touch them. Asked myself how to manifest things and how to move via thought. I realized that manifesting things wasn't that hard, but needed a different approach in which I 'expected' and 'believed' whatever I wanted to manifest happened. My recall is typical to peoples' experiences but I think I remember summoning a floating chair. I also noticed the same thing with flying, I could put my body into any position and have my thoughts move me.

But I'm mainly making thread in celebration. :D

EscapeVelocity

Congratulations Jdeadevil!

That sounds like a good, solid OBE where you explored the nature of your environment. And you had the awareness to think about the function of 'manifesting'. This is where you start noticing and experiencing the degree of your 'intent'.

So, what's the next thing you want to experience? How will you give it your 'intent'?
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Jdeadevil

Just to try and increase the consistency of my OBE's, as oppose to have to wait until the perfect opportunity once a month. I can't seem to set up the perfect conditions, because with my body there's a very fine line between turning my alarm off in my sleep and waking up too much when I turn it off. If I could sort that problem out, I'd probably be at least 65% there from 0% when I first started.

As for what I actually want to do in the astral. There are a number of things I want to do in the astral but I feel kinda pathetic posting them in public, as a lot them are things people can do easily in the physical. I have a lot of self-esteem issues I want to deal with too.

Dreamshards

I often relate to the movie "Hook" when experiencing astral travel or lucid dreaming: where Peter Pan is told that he can fly only if he truly believes he can. My issues in the astral realm usually stem from starting to disbelieve if I can really fly or summon an object/person. When I start having the least bit doubt everything falls apart and I end up back in a dream again. It's like I hit a brick wall.

Szaxx

Fear and doubt are the main problems to overcome.
I like the Hook comment, it's very real.
Too little or too much sleep also affect your progress too.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.