Hard Beginnings But Awesome

Previous topic - Next topic

raditus

The other night, I was sleeping on my stomach. I do that all of the time as it is what is most comfortable for me. I was listening to a different sort of OBE sound file than I usually so. It started putting me under more quickly than the other I usually listen to.

I soon got to the stage where I felt my body slowing down for sleep. Nearly soon after, just surfing the feeling of non-feeling, I could view around me like I was standing up and could see behind me. I hadn't separated yet, i knew.

I instantly felt and saw a guy in the room with this mind's eye vision. Whomever was there, a guide or whatever, it had taken the form Captain Treville from the BBC Musketeers show. He was wearing his full uniform, even down down the breastplate he sometimes wears. he had that blue cloak/coat thing strapped to his side as well as wearing his Musketeer hat. The mind's eye thing ends and I am back in darkness, aware of my numb body.

"...Saddle," He heard Treville's voice say, albeit muddied. It was like he had said more words before that, but my brain only picked up saddle. I could still feel his presence behind the bed I was on.

Instantly, tinglies happened in my torso area. it felt like two pairs of medium sized hands, opened palm pressing up through the mattress, prodding at my chest and stomach. Each entire length of each hand felt as if they had mild electric currents running through them. They didn't prod harshly, only darting and gentle. The feeling was kind of uncomfortable so I moaned by accident.

That stopped and I had this weird imagination thing playing in my head while I was aware of my body still powered down. In my imagination bout, i was walking around my room slowly while talking to 'Treville", who was still there. It didn't seem at times he was my guide, more like protection based on what character it was modeled after. he talked to me as well and we just shot the breeze.

Suddenly, it happened! My internal play ended, my mind jerked back to my body quickly. I felt the familiar rush of elation as I felt myself rocketing up towards my ceiling! Instantly, I saw everything and that, indeed the Treville thing was still there. Strangely, his eyes were widened in utter shock!

"What's happening?" he demanded.

"Awesome!" I actually squealed in astral. "I am so out of here!" I hit the roof, and fell down on a pile of clothes that were strewn near the bed. I could see my body on the bed next to me. I stood up, the guide gazing at me, concerned. "That sucked."

I looked at my astral body's hand, flexed it then properly phased through the room's large windows when I leaped through them. I soared up into the area, seeing a brief aerial view of my house and some of my property, namely the backyard. I turned in air, just like and Eagle and came back down. I merged with my body and ended the travel.     

EscapeVelocity

Great experience raditus! LMAO! Thanks for sharing that.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Aaron330

Wow cool experience! Curious, why did you fly back into your body when you were so happy to finally be out of it? Didn't you want to go explore for longer?
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep; because my dreams are bursting at the seams.

raditus

Quote from: Aaron330 on March 29, 2014, 19:27:32
Wow cool experience! Curious, why did you fly back into your body when you were so happy to finally be out of it? Didn't you want to go explore for longer?

II have had a hard time sense my dad's death to be doing any full length Astral. Stress related. It seems all I have are the accidental APs that are dreamlike. Especially during the failed attempts I had for awhile until I learned that SPs aren't mandatory for AP.

I definitely want to go back to having aware APs. I just want to ease back in the saddle, so to speak. 

I have no clue, however ,how Treville did not know what was going to happen. I am assuming it was into the playacting bit too much and wanted to feign shock like a physical person would at seeing that.

jadrian70

Interesting experience Raditus, thanks for sharing. My condolences on the loss of your dad. 

May I ask if the OBE file you were listening to is available online?  I'm sort of starting a collection. 

Thanks.

raditus

Quote from: jadrian70 on March 31, 2014, 17:28:16
Interesting experience Raditus, thanks for sharing. My condolences on the loss of your dad. 

May I ask if the OBE file you were listening to is available online?  I'm sort of starting a collection. 

Thanks.

Thanks for very much for the condolences. 

One of them is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-SqDOotS8g

The other, that I seemingly can't find on youtube is sort of like the one above. The only thing I couldn't find is the one I have been using lately. The sound is sort of different, and gets you to relax faster to the point where you can feel your body gearing down for sleep.

The sound file for that is OutofBodyQH.mp3. I have those two, plus some others I tried using in one folder on my portable MP3 player.