Having Problems

Previous topic - Next topic

Qui-Gon Jinn

I´m to unexperienced to help you out, although I manage to easily enter the vibrations, but there, as always, nothing, nada.. zilch...
  just wanted to comment on you saying lying isn´t recommended - it sais so in Astral Dynamics??   I would think most people actually "OBE" lying down, but that is just what I think, I know I do...  I get nothing if I sit in a chair, or sit where ever for that matter..
  Good luck and don´t give up, once the "reward" will happen, it´ll all be worth it....   //Qui-Gon

- Your focus determines your reality -

Mobius

Hi sphere, I wouldn,t worry too much, by the sounds of things your
not far off.If you can reach that trance state relatively easy you
are very close so I,ll tell you what works for me.
Lying down on my bed on my back with my head facing the ceiling is
probably the easiest method for me, followed by lying on my stomach &
followed by sitting.
Concerning the vibrations I feel them probably only about 50% of the
time & rarely any sound unless I,ve got headphones on.
Everyone is different as some feel those things all the time &
some people can drop into an OBE standing, whatever gets you relaxed
the quickest.
All the best on your journeys

Mobius

Sphere

Thank you Qui-Gon Jinn and Mobius for your responses.  I appreciate your encouragement and advice.  This morning, I tried lying on my side, which I wouldn't have done before, but since you said other positions work, I tried it.  I was much more comfortable and things seemed to go better.  Still no OBE yet, but maybe now things will pick up.  Thanks again and if you want I can keep you posted on my progress.

andy

Hi Sphere,

I agree with mobius,you've nothing to worry about judging by what you've said.
I thought I might add an idea to your schedualing that works for me in the conditioning sense.You've mentioned evenings and mornings but what about the middle of the night? My method for getting around the alarm clock theroy is a nice big cup of camomile tea.Not only does this tea aid in relaxing but also garuntees you'll be making a trip to the washroom after a few hours of sleep.Waste no time,while in the washroom juant down a few fragments of dream recall for your morning notes then head back to bed.With the few minutes left I personaly do two things.1- repeat the affirmation of "mind awake,body asleep" then 2-I mentaly imagine myself rotating from one side,{as in on my back to my side} then again to my back and repeat to the process to the other side.Then its back to step one then two and so on untill I fall off to sleep.
Now you have preformed a practice that may or may not get results immeditly.However you've got some excelent conditioning work behind you!!
When doing this your programing the mind from that relaxed state and loosning the astral body as well.Bonus time!

What ever you do,do'nt loose sight of your goal and try your hardest not to become disscouraged,in time,all things will come.

P.S all of thee above suggestions are from a varity of sources.I incorperated them to my own likings.I suggest you do as well.

Best of luck,Andy  

Spencer

Dear Sphere,
 Like you I'm new to the art of astral projection.  And like you I get as far as the trance and then that it is it. Recently, I have had some really cool break throughs.  Every time I managed to project, I was never on my back.  My most comfortable position is on my stomach.  When I was I my stomach the vibrations came, and I rolled over and got up out of my body.  Everytime that I have projected, has been when I use my alarm clock set about 4:30 in the morning or like last night, I manage to keep feel the change in consciousness when I am sleeping.  When I think that I can project, I try.  There are other ways to get the vibrations.  Don't get discouraged.  Every time that I have tried to go into a trance laying on my back nothing happens, just the trance.  Also ever since I was a child, if I roll over onto my back, I have nightmares. I don't think laying on my back is the needed position for every one. Try laying down on the position that is most comfortable to you.  Usually when everybody projects, they have basically one thing in common.  They are usually being the sleep cycle to project.  When you sleep, play close attention to your thoughts and the way your body feels, especially around the time before you wake up.

I hope that I was able to shed some light on the subject.

Cheers,
        Spencer

Qui-Gon Jinn

Of course Sphere, keep us posted on your progress.

Spencer; "When you sleep, play close attention to your thoughts and the way your body feels, especially around the time before you wake up."    How do you propose that is done Spencer??  Usually when asleep, it is pretty hard being aware of thoughts and body sensations, at least for me... (cause you don´t mean the trance state - body asleep mind awake, from what I understand, well in a sence you do but not acchieved in the "normal way" if you know what I mean..)   I´m out like a duck and aren´t aware of anything, as I would suppose most are.(except for some dreams of course)  How do you stay aware of your thoughts when you are sleeping?´

- Your focus determines your reality -

Edited by - Qui-Gon Jinn on 11 March 2002  10:24:24

Spencer

Dear Qui-Gonn Jinn,
  You are right the times that we are out, like dead aslep, we aren't aware of anything.  But there are times such as we roll over onto our back or side that for a second or two we become aware.  Our mind is really hazy and fuzzy, but at that time take notice of how your head feels. We usually turn over and then fall fast hard asleep again.  Also there have been times that when the vibrations do come, they usually wake my mind up. And that point I am able to project.

I hope that what I am saying makes sense. For the most part of the night until about 5:00 in the morning, I'm out, sound asleep.  It is in the early morning that I notice the vibrations or how heavy my head feels.

P.S.  Beautiful quotes.

Cheers,
     Spencer

Roger

Well, according to Robert, early morning is a prime OBE time for
alot of people.  Me, I stay up late so value all of my morning
sleeping time.  ;)

Sphere

Hello,
This is my first posting.  I have read "Astral Dynamics" and absolutely loved it!  In addition to that book, I have read a few other books on OBE.  After reading "Astral Dynamics," I started to devote time to following the procedures in the book.  I have been spending at least an hour a day for the past six weeks on these techniques.  Up to this point, I have been unsuccessful in attaining an OBE.  Unlike many of the people I have read about who have written success stories, I don't remember ever having any type of OBE anytime in my life, however according to Mr. Bruce, I am still elligible to have an OBE with work.  Perhaps, if I describe what I am doing, someone may spot a problem.  I would like to say that I have tried every technique in "Astral Dynamics" and some other books, so hopefully someone may be able to relate to my experience.
The first five weeks I began in the evening, since then I have switched to early morning.  Those are my only two options for practice.  I would sit in a comfortable chair and do a minute of breathing and become relaxed.  Then I started doing energy raising on the secondary energy centers, which would usually take me about fifeteen minutes to get totally flowing (it still takes almost that).  I did the energy work for as long as I could, but I start to get bored with it and sometimes momentarily doze off.  After I feel I have done all the energy raising I can stand, I begin the prcess of entering the trance state.  Now, strangly enough, this seems to come very easily, in fact, I have attained seemingly deep levels of trance (based on my limited knowledge of trance).  Everything seems alright, so far.  The problem is that it's as far as it goes.  I have never, that I'm aware of, entered the vibrational state, heard any noises, or seen with my eyes closed.  I have some weird images that flash in my mind occasionally, but that could just be a product of my subconcious mind.  Now with all that said, there was one time about a week into my prctice that I had an interesting experience.  I had finished my practice for that evening and later went to bed, when I decided to try to stay awake for as long as I could with my eyes closed.  Suddenly, I heard a loud noise like a train and saw some lights flash by.  I got excited because I thought it would happen, but my excitement ruined the moment.  I know that sounds contradictory to what I wrote about never hearing noises, but that is the only time that has ever happened and it wasn't even during my practice time.
I don't have any fear that I know of about leaving the body and my excitement has dwindled considerably after no success.  Lately, as I stated, I am now trying early mornings instead of evenings.  I am now lying on the floor instead of the chair.  I know lying down isn't recomended, but I was forced to switch rooms and there is no comfortable chair there.
I apologize for the size of this posting, but I wanted to give enough information to receive proper counsel.  Thank you for taking the time to read through.