Astral Dynamics

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger

Hehe...gonna get us ALL busted.  ;)

DjMidgetMan

lol.....(hope im not wasting too much internet space for the post)

DjMidgetMan
  "Mind over Matter"

n/a

I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive.
I forewarned my wife, so I'll have nothing to hide. She doesn't believe in the stuff and thinks it's a waste of time. But it is better to let her know than hiding it from her. I suggest choosing which parent is most understanding and tell him/her that you are
going to read this book.
Or:
You'll have to constantly hide it, keep it in a hole in the backyard, put a comic book cover on it, keep it at a friends house, forget where you last hid it, and only be able to read at wee hours of the night.
Sound like the latter is just too much work!      Good Luck  DJ

DjMidgetMan

I talked to my dad about it... Surprisingly, he has no problem with it... He says its good that I read some more, whether its odd or not... But he also says that he doesnt believe in it... He says that theres nothing mystical about humans... Good thing I kept the laughing to myself....... Im probably gonna get the book next week, after saving up my lunch money...

DjMidgetMan
  "Mind over Matter"

LadyLea

I am glad you have the support of one parent.  Good for you!  

If your focus your life on hate, anger, and regret, it is only your fault for what you get.

Roger

Sounds like your dad has a very open-minded and sensible attitude
towards this issue!

DjMidgetMan

My dad is VERY open minded. I wasn't afraid that he would put down the whole thing, or tell me it was the work of the devil... I was just nervous about what he would think of me... My family is Muslim, yet we're not very religous, so that might be a key factor... I dont think Muslims have anything against it....

DjMidgetMan
  "Mind over Matter"

Roger

All it shows is that you have a natural curiousity.  Something any
father would be proud of.  :)

Mobius

Hi DjMidgetMan

You tell your parents, that you want to get a book that you have heard about & are interested in.You tell them that its just a book
to give you some extra tools in life & that its not from a religous
group, or some cult & it doesnt tell you that you must believe this
or else, it doesnt tell you to leave whatever religion you belong to
or that they are some how wrong.
You are just looking for different points of view on questions that
just dont sit right with you or need more explanation.
If anything it will enhance the better side of you & your religion,
if you have one.
Whats wrong with learning,being happy,interacting with people more &
easier, having a smile on your face & feeling healthy.
So many people your age are only interested in rebelling & causing
chaos wherever they can,( I know ) & you, want to be a good person
for yourself & others?
Dont hide, you have nothing to hide from, your not doing anything
wrong.
All the best in your journeys

Mobius

no_skillzz

Hey DJMidgetMan, you and your Dad needn't worry about OBEs/Projection going against religion. Infact I believe there is a direct reference to Astral Projection in the Qur'an (is that spelt right?), when it is mentioned that Mohammed was taken through the 7 heavens.

7 heavens = 7 planes

1) Physical Plane (but was most proabably referring to Real-Time Zone as the first "heaven")
2) Astral/Emotional Plane
3) Mental Plane
4) Buddhic/Intuitional Plane
5) Spiritual/Atmic Plane
6) Monadic Plane

Before I mention the 7th plane. The Qur'an says that the last heaven (7th heaven) is where God himself resides. Not a surprise really since the 7th plane is called...

7) Divine Plane (also known as Adi or Logoic)

See how religions are related? Hinduism and Bhuddism believes in this. There are references to these topics in Islam and Christianity.

no_skillzz

Hmmm, just read over my post and I think I should clarify... What I meant was I think when we reach the 7th Heaven/Plane, we shall finally be "at one" with the God-presence.

dashour

I have great news for you! The many treatise that Robert has written about OBE are right here on this site and are actually what the book is based on! You can download them right from this site, for free, and read to your hearts content. Also the NEW techniques are here too.  

I did buy the book as well, and I am half way through it, and if you can get the book, even better, and I do recommend it. However, most of the major points are in the papers he wrote. You really could go a long ways with just those.

peace to all,
Asallammualaikum,
Dashour
(A yogi, not a Muslim, but you have a great religion my friend, and I live in the largest Islamic country in the world, Indonesia, so I can relate to your situation.)

DjMidgetMan

Im back!! and Im afraid to tell my parents about my interest in OOBE's and Astral Projection... I desperately want to buy the book Astral Dynamics, but I dont know how to get around my parents.... Any suggestions?(they take me everywhere and watch what I buy closely)

DjMidgetMan
  "Mind over Matter"