What does this mean?

Previous topic - Next topic

MaDroX

Hi guys

Well... I have been trying to OBE for a long time now and I never did it, unfortunately :(

Few days ago I read about a very simple technique that worked for some people.. Well, at least I thought it was simple:

When you are relaxed and somewhat tired in bed, start breathing deep and count your breaths .. So you concentrate on your breaths.
I tried this..

I was pretty tired .. So I went to bed and started counting my breaths. And when I was at 10 (ten!) , this happened to me:
Some thought just popped into my head, I also heard voices .. This stuff happens pretty often to me when I go to bed.. So, That thought just popped into my head.. It lasted for like 1-2 seconds. After that I just thought "wow.." and forgot where I was.. After like 5 seconds of thinking I remembered: I was at 10.

So I continued counting and this stuff happened to me more and more times.. This was actually pretty cool :lol:
And, well, thats all I can remember.. Must have fallen asleep while counting, or just stopped counting and fell asleep.. I dont know :(

now, what does this mean? Is this a good sign or something? Can it help me having an OBE in some way? Or is it just "nothing" ?

Oh, and if somebody has a technique thats not too hard to do (I absolutely cant completely "clean" my head of all thoughts and visualize or concentrate on something.. So this would be hard for me ;) ).. I'm always open for new (easy) techniques :)

thanks

astralspinner

Reminds me of when I first started out meditating by counting. I lost count dozens of times.

You were too tired, and your mind started drifting into sleep. Counting kept you focussed enough that you stayed more alert as you fell asleep. That's why the voices etc - they're like hypnogogic visions.

You lost count because you were drifting into sleep and loosing focus.  Try it in the morning/early afternoon sitting in a chair relaxing.

Cayla

Dear MaDroX

What I tend to do is first go through the motions of tensing and relaxing every muscle starting at the feet and working upwards.  My whole body is relaxed at this stage and then I trigger a buzz in my ears.  I do this by (difficult to explain) trying to expand (or tensing/closing - not sure) my ear channels and after a couple of "ear drum pushes" it tends to create a loud constant buzz.  I believe it's the buzz in the ears that "switches" me off from outside noise or interference.

You could even try it now while you're totally awake and then when you're ready to do your journey, simulate the tensing/expanding/closing of the ear drum.

I also find that when the buzz is really loud I start pushing my eyeballs totally back i.e. eyes looking up towards your forehead.  I do this a couple of times (again you could even try it while you're awake).  

This is entirely my own method:  a combination of the ear buzz and eye movement seems to force you to disengage with your current surroundings and thus enable you to disconnect from your physical body.

I can't guarantee it will work for you but who knows?

Best regards
Cayla

Sam

I would say its a good and bad sign in about equal parts...  Good because it shows you are getting close to that trance state, bad because you need to ignore it to continue.  I get the same thing with the noises and the talking and the buzzing, and also seeing weird people in my room.  Just try and ignore them, if you pay them attention they will only get stronger, in my experience.  The voices may engage you in a conversation, but try and remember that its a circular conversation which is trying to distract you from what you are doing.  The voices may try and claim they have important information that will help you spiritual advancement, but they are generally deceitful and just want to divert your attention.

aleshah

You connect deeper to your subconsciousness, it sends pictures/sounds on
surface.-It showing you something.
Maybe impressions, which not processed completly.

Buzz is a bio-feedback signal, when the brain is trying to reproduce
& amplify this impressions.It could came from chakra humming,
i don't very advanced with this, but i think this are also impressions, processed by the energy centers.
Another reason could be a telephatic link:
When it sounds very kind of mechanical/computer-like, you may be under remote control.

:roll:  this is nor bad or good sign, just scarry