The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. July 31, 2021, 00:11:32

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heart Chakra  (Read 2068 times)
Cosmic_Ambitions
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« on: April 20, 2006, 07:27:29 »

Greetings everyone! I'm new to this board and have a question about chakras.

My question is about deep meditation and stimulating the various chakras throughout the body...  

I have been able to relax my body and enter into the 3-D blackness... Once there I noticed that any small sound in the room will cause me to jolt out of that state. Once there however, I notice that my body seems to vibrate and I begin to feel lighter  (like my physical appendages are lifting off of the bed.) After that, I feel breathless, and my heart starts to pound relentlessly (it actually feels like it's about to explode!). That's as far as I can ever get though. I've got two questions:

1.) Why does my heart feel like it's about to explode? (But, oddly enough... it's not in a bad way.)

2.) How come nothing ever happens after I get to the level where my heart is pounding rapidly?

Thanks for any input,

Cosmic_Ambitions
EnderZ
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 05:37:47 »

According to Robert Bruce, it is not actually the physical heart that is beating rapidly, but the heart chakra. I have never verified this but have experieced it.

In order to get past it, don't let yourself become excited or nervous. Be passive about it.

Also, this tend to happen to me when I am focusing on my heart, or the pulse throughout my body while I am meditating.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 05:37:47 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Job
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 08:25:49 »

Do you use a method to astral project? It can be easier to sustain consciousness while falling asleep when the attention is directed somewhere. Spontaneous astral projection experiences can occassionally occur, but real astral projection (doing it all the time) can require mental attention. Some people visualize objects or places, some say phrases over and over again in their minds (mantras, I posted one in another topic), some tune in to astral or bodily stimili (heartbeat, etc.), and so on..
Cosmic_Ambitions
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 19:57:58 »

Actually, I just relax every inch of my body; lay in a dark room; clear my mind of any thoughts; focus on the blackness in front of me; at that point I usually receive the rapid heart beat, and I begin to vibrate violently. Last night I felt the legs of my astral body lift through the sheets on my bed... I could feel the softness of the bed sheet as it passed through my astral legs! I've never gotten that far before. I also so an image opening up in the blackness in front of me. However, I have back problems due to a car wreck, and the vibrations caused my back to tighten up, and I got shooting pains down my lower back. As a result, I snapped out of the meditation, and could not proceed further. I'm gonna have to find a way to deal with this back problem, lest I'll never be able to experience a full blown OBE... sad

Cosmic_Ambitions
Dragonhawk
Astral Energy 2

Don't look now but I am standing right behind you.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 21:28:42 »

I know what you mean about back problems. I cant lay on my back for to long as I get a sharp pains down the right side of my lower back. If I get my method going right I can soon get the pain to disappear into the background.

Don't worry about the rapid beating of the heart chakra as for some people this is normal. I get it all the time normally when I am near an exit. I sometimes get a warm throbbing feeling in my brow chakra too. As to that lighter feeling you get here is a excerpt from the early section of my log when I was beginning.

...The deeper I went the more fuzzy my physical sensations became, it was as if my body was melting into the bed. At the same time as my body was feeling heavier with this fuzzy melting I also felt an expanding lifting feeling. This was most noticeable in the arms. Mentally the deeper I went the more calm and ordered my mind came, sounds took on a more softer gentler quality... .

I find that these sensations are pretty typical for any of my practice sessions. You'll find that if you do any energy work your chakras will become more active.

Fear is the main source of superstition, and one of the main sources of cruelty. To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom.    Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 21:28:42 »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: