Heart POUNDING!!!

Previous topic - Next topic

atraveler

Hi,

A few months ago I began my OBE practice by trying to project from the conscious meditation state.  I was unable to achieve much more than moderate vibrations.  So, I switched to the WBTB method using an OBE/LD timer CD that would beep at random intervals after going back to sleep.  This method has produced several lucid dreams, vibrations, and OBE exits in which I had a few seconds of RTZ activity in my bedroom followed by a minute or so of dream world activity.

On Sunday (06/29/08), after watching Thomas Campbell's youtube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akgCb85PG-A), I decided to try a conscious exit, hoping that my experiences with the WBTB method would have "primed" me for this.  I did a meditation in which I first surrounded myself with white light, then I let my mind wander for a few minutes, and then I imagined myself walking around my house touching the walls with my hands, touching the floor, touching the paintings etc etc.

After a few minutes with this visualization, my trance deepened significantly and I started to feel serious sensations in my "heart center".  It felt like my heart was POUNDING POUNDING POUNDING as if I were running on the treadmill at full speed.  I could feel my breathing which was medium to deep but steady, nothing like it would be if I were actually exercising.  Never in my life have I felt such serious POUNDING of my heart without having been exercising, and even then, I don't think I've exercised that hard before.  I'm 35 and in good physical shape with no health problems other than minor lower back pain.

I had read in Robert Bruce's books that this is a normal pre-exit phenomenon and I recognized it as such, but I was still taken by such surprise that I was unable to exit.  I never used to believe in chakras, thinking they were silly and having no scientific evidence.  However, let me tell you, the pounding I felt in my heart area was ABSOLUTELY REAL.  After a while it subsided and I had no other exercise symptoms (like being sweaty or feeling out of breath).  Robert Bruce says to ignore these symptoms which I'll try to do in future attempts.

Has anyone else here ever experienced any such heavy exit symptoms before?  What should I do at this point in order to exit?  I consider this to be a milestone for me in my personal path to mastery of OBEs.

Cheers,
Atraveler

SilverSlider

Yes!!!

Ah finally someone else to share the pain with heh heh...I've never seen anyone else talk about this. I knew that feeling your heart pounding hard is common but it has prevented me every time from a conscious exit because it's *so* intense. I've never heard someone complain about it inhibiting their exits...

Usually this feeling is coupled with *extremely* jittery eyelids and I almost completely come out of trance. This is so annoying, but I just don't know what to do about it.

I'm pretty sure it is a pre-exit sensation because it happens whenever I'm in a medium trance and I put pressure on my double with different sensory acrobatic maneuvers. Usually I feel like my body is buzzing up just about split then my heart goes crazy and my eyes flutter and it all goes awry...grrr  :|

Could someone experienced please comment? Even if it's supposed to be well known info?

atraveler

Hi SilverSlider,

Thanks for your reply.  It's great to hear that someone else has these same symptoms.  Robert Bruce, in Astral Dynamics, says this is somewhat common and that the best thing to do is to ignore those sensations.

Does anyone advanced here have any tips on how to ignore the powerful heart sensations?  This pounding feeling is very strong and can be alarming.

Cheers,
Atraveler

Venus_Goddess_of_Love

Hi both, I had the same experience a couple of times some time ago and talked about it on this forum.  Quite a few people have posted similar threads as well.  I was just glad to know that it was 'normal', but still frustrated that it prevented me from projecting.

Someone commented that the pounding happens when it's a 'heart chakra projection'.  So maybe you might want to activate other chakras and consciously intend to project from other chakras.  Just a thought.

Good luck.

Venus
:-)
"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet." Rumi

MindMonkey

The fast heart beat that you get is not REAL.. it is the sensation from the heart chakra.. so you dont have to worry about that..!

Endless Dave

To anyone following this thread, here is one of my own which is extremely relevant to this one, particularly in relation to pounding hearts and jittery eyelids...

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_obe_discussions/can_anyone_help_with_this_one-t27925.0.html

I am no expert myself, but hopefully some of the responses I had will help some of you.

SilverSlider, I particularly want to respond to your post, because what you recount seems incredibly close to my experiences. I joined this forum the day after having what may have been a near-exit, mainly because I had been very alarmed by a fiercely pounding heart and fiercely jittery eyelids! It actually caused me to consciously cease my exit attempt, as the sensations caused me to fear for myself physically!

But most importantly of all, please have a look at what I wrote in my post of today on the above thread, about my "muscle tensing" activity which is not actually muscle tensing, I just have difficulty in describing what I am doing...please could you tell me more about how you "put pressure on my double with different sensory acrobatic maneuvers". Because I'm wondering if I have finally found an explanation for what I am doing. It was immediately after doing this, like you say in a medium trance state, that the heart and eyelid stuff happened. Would be very keen to hear your opinion, thanks!

atraveler

Thanks Endless Dave!  Those heart sensations were very intense - serious pounding.  I don't believe it was my real heart because it was totally meditation-induced, and I wasn't thinking about my heart or excited in the slightest.  Because of those feelings, I'm starting to believe in chakras though I didn't before.

Personally though; I plan to practice conscious exits occasionally, but I'm going to stick with the dream-induced exits which have been much easier.  Once I get to be more advanced, then maybe the conscious exits will be the main technique.

Vibra

I know exactly what your talking about. I am no expert and "new to this" Heart pounding like Ive never felt before. The first time scared the crap out of me. Like someone was pushing a broomstick through my back on the inside of my chest. I also get the fluttering eye lids. So bad Ive have to concentrate to keep my eyes closed which obviousally ruins projection. The funny part is I actually began to enjoy the Heart chakra sensation. It took me a couple times though to get used to it.  I feel it is a sign that im getting closer to my ultimate goal. The serious pounding and eye movement has been replaced with a much much lesser version. Again Im hoping this is the natural progression in getting closer to my ultimate goal of getting out consciousally.
Good Luck

CFTraveler

The sensations you are describing sound like heart chakra strobing- they feel like either fast pounding, or very heavy localized vibration in the chest area.  It can feel heavy, and they are the strongest when you use the rope technique as an exit technique.  My guess is that when you use rope to externalize the energy body it stimulates it.
Another thing that can happen is brow center strobing when you use phasing-type techniques.
Both are very good, it means that the 'energy body' is being externalized and there is chakra involvement.  So instead of trying to ignore that elephant tap-dancing on your chest, consider it an exit sensation and be glad you're getting it-try harder on your exit, or relax more into it and do some deep breathing.  But don't stop, unless you wake up. Or pass out.

SilverSlider

Hmm heart chakra eh? I kind of assumed so, but times when I've done meditations with crystals to work on my chakras its felt like more of a buzzing where this is usually, as you say CFTraveler, "strobing," which is very distracting.

Vibra I read your response in Endless Dave's post where you said the eye fluttering almost opens your eyes...isn't that annoying? lol that's exactly what happens to me.

Endless Dave - I read your thread and it sounds like you are just experiencing the "drop" into trance. I usually experience trance states coming in like waves, which doesn't preclude the drop into a projection. I've had experiences where I start in a light trance, then I just feel myself going deeper and deeper very rapidly, which if I didn't have these chakra complications would probably end in a projection.

The "sensory acrobatic maneuvers" I'm speaking of are situations I imagine myself being in, like the rope method. If I can focus enough, spinning like a column or a log in water is very efficient (almost too efficient) or one that I discovered recently I imagine myself to be swinging on a swing set which almost always pushes me to the brink of projection. Otherwise when I get close my brain starts going kind of hay-wire and I lose my ability to concentrate on one thing so I just use the feeling of pushing myself in every direction I can think of...which means imagining I'm pushing my body below my bed while my physical stays in bed, imagining I'm being pulled on a rope water skiing, spinning, diving, flying too fast for my physical to keep up, etc. When you use one of these exit techniques a couple times you will feel the pressure it makes on your projectable double which you can then manipulate as you see fit.

Honestly I think the key here is focus. If you can focus on one exit method, you will exit. I almost said, if you can focus without being distracted, but if you are concentrating very strongly you will barely notice the "distractions."

So far I've only projected after waking up, so I think the eye thing might be a physical relaxing problem, which Robert Bruce has said is the biggest problem to overcome. I havn't dealt with any chakra sensations before any of my projections for some reason. Maybe sleep stabilizes chakras or something...??

Endless Dave

Thanks a lot for your opinions, interesting to hear about your different exit techniques as well. Seems that there are probably a million different scenarios you could imagine to aid the exit, I guess it's just finding the one that works best for you!

Spirit_Walker

I only skimmed through everyones message so if what I am about to say has been said already I apologize.

The reason the chakra is pounding so hard is two fold, it is an increase in the level of energy and a subsequent increase in awareness from the exercises and the frequency your consciousness is currently at.  The pounding is a limiting factor in your projection, expect to experience this several times as your chakras becomes accustomed to the level of energy.  Just enjoy it and of course stay relaxed knowing that it is not actually your physical heart and like all it will pass.

lily moonsong

I feel this pain too.  Thanks for letting me know that I don't need to be worried about my physical heart!!  Maybe the next time I get this far, I won't be hindered as much by fear and concern for my health!

I thought that my energy body wasn't developed enough, but I guess it will only get more developed if I can learn to relax and make it thru the sensations without being jolted out of my trance.....

Thanks for posting this, it helps a lot!!!

SilverSlider

I was just flipping through Astral Dynamics last night and lo and behold! I found Robert Bruce talking about exactly what we're describing here. I'm surprised I had forgotten about this...oh well. It's on page 262 for those of you who have a copy on hand. He starts describing pre-exit sensations under the heading of "Tips and Summary Notes on the Rope Technique."

"Concentrate on maintaining a calm inner balance at all times during a projection attempt. Focus on climbing rope to the exclusion of everything else. Put everything you have into the climbing action and tune everything else out. Do not analyze or think about what you are doing!  ...  Do nothing but climb the rope until you get out of your body."

This is basically what I was describing when I said concentration is key and must be at adhered to so you're not distracted (by the racing heart, fluttery eyelids or anything else). This here is where things usually go awry for me, Endless Dave. When I'm using an action that puts pressure on my projectable double (like the rope) I come and go and can't quite stay attached to that action, then the heart thing happens and I just fall apart  :lol:

Here he goes on to talk about the heart...

"Be ready for the racing-heartbeat sensation. This is a major event. It can be incredibly strong during early projection attempts, terrifying many people into aborting their long-sought-after first exist. Totally ignore this. It will not hurt you in any way. The heart center races to provide energy for the projecting double. It is not the actual physical heart that's racing. Also ignore sensations like head and brow pressure, no matter how strong or uncomfortable. The sooner you get out of your body, the sooner they stop."

Really it seems like all you need is deep relaxation, intense concentration and a method to put pressure on your double (rope, I like the swingset, etc.). I'm trying to figure out how to magnify my concentration, but until then I guess I'll just work on deep relaxation.

Good luck!

atraveler

Thanks SilverSlider,

I went right to my copy of Astral Dynamics as soon as my experience was over and I read one of his passages about the heart chakra sensations.  It had been a long time since I'd read it and though I remembered it was in there, I was never sure if it would turn out to apply to me.  Personally, I consider having had those sensations a small milestone because I'd never had those before.  Wish me luck in projecting!

On a side note, I've listened to many Robert Bruce interviews and I now sometimes imagine hearing his accent as I read his books.  I'm American and I think his accent is very cool.  There's an English guy in his mid 20s with long dark hair and light skin on YouTube who has posted several videos about lucid dreaming.  He has a really cool accent too.  I'm interested in languages and I often pay attention to peoples' accents, regional, foreign, or otherwise.

Cheers,
Atraveler

SilverSlider

Ahh!!!

Seriously guys, you have to get past this heart pounding, because we are soooo close! I just got done listening to one of the gateway series and I was feeling pretty good after the resonant tuning so I started trying the rope method which gave me problems so I imagined climbing a rope ladder and immediately started feeling the vibrations in my legs which went up to my pelvis area & lower back....I tried to keep going and my heart started pounding like crazy and my eyes were fluttering but I just said "no way," and kept going (after I mentally said that they became less of an obstacle)...my body felt like it was stated to loosen up and I felt this vortex spinning infront of me, sound, space and time started getting out of wack and I just kept trying to climb and climb and climb! but alas I couldn't concentrate hard enough! I felt like a space shuttle at takeoff when it's going nowhere but there's smoke and flames everywhere! we're so close!!

Seriously, you guys are so close! stay focused - if you get the heart pounding sensation I can't imagine you are more than a few minutes away from a projection if concentration is held!

Sorry just had to give some support!! Good luck ladies and gentlemen! :-D

Venus_Goddess_of_Love

"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet." Rumi

djvtech

I get this, mine is fast heartrate(or feeling) along with vibrations, eye fluttering eyelids, pressure inside my head between and behind my eyes (third eye chakra or pineal gland maybe?), and my breathing sometimes gets really heavy and fast. This all lasts only a couple minutes then I loose focus or something and stop. Still have yet to project though.

The first time I listened to an astral induction audio, I had gotten this, vibrations, and heavy breathing. The audio has binaural beats
I also get this when I listen to theta wave producing binaural beats and I read that your when your brain waves are in theta (right before sleep) that your heart rate does increase. So I'm still skeptical to weather this is physical or energetic...

Vice

I also feel my heart chakra pounding and the one located below my naval, sometimes i also feel the my brow chakra pounding as well.  It is very difficult to ignore.

Colden

This can be very irritating for me. When im on the edge of the trance state sometimes my heart chakra is activated and it pounds so hard it radiates my entire upper torso and brings me back to the physical. I've been told I can take advantage of it and focus on it and the energy from the heart chakra will give some incredible experiences.
"the lower, earthly human being and the upper, mystical human being, in which the Godhead is manifested as shape, belong together and are unthinkable without one another."