heaven And hell in the astral

Previous topic - Next topic

zorgblar

Is it possible to ask a spirit guide to take you on a tour of heaven or hell?

Awakened_Mind

Those places don't exist as actual locations. They are more an explanation of human experience at different ends of a continuum.

-AM
Truth exists beyond the dimension of thought.

Gandalf

There are many such locations in the astral, all based on the expectations and beliefs of people who shared those beliefs. As like + like in the astral, and thought = action, then those who believe firmly in a hell, with flames and demons with pitchforks etc and they believe they are going there, then that is where they will go.... they will stay there until they begin to realise that there are other options and they can move beyond the scenario in question, often this involves help from outside.

The same can be said of all the 'heavens' out there, based on mainstream religious texts.

There are also all manner of other scenarios there, based on whatever whacky ideas people come up with.
You can certainly ask to be taken on a tour of them, or you can visit them yourself.

Its worth advising you however that in the hell-like scenarios as well as all other scenarios generated by people's base instincts, you will be cofronted with all the worst that humanity has to offer, and then some.. you will come across areas where people are happily indulging in their favourite pastimes of murder, child rape, torture, mutilation etc.... not pretty.

"It is to Scotland that we look for our idea of civilisation." -- Voltaire.

Aquarious

Hi Gandalf, Sorry I think I've missed something here...

How does someone change their base instinct if they are not aware of any other scenarios?

Are you saying that we are born with a base instinct and its like a lottery as to whether your intentions are good or bad?  Afterall, we're all different.

Or who makes them aware of other scenarios? Spirit guides?... Doesn't that interfere in the individuals free will e.g. if they don't believe in spirit guides, they shouldn't appear. Or who can tell someone who lives in an astral happily murdering people that there is a better version of their heaven, wouldn't they just be like, eh no thanks, I'm alright here, cheers though.

I understand the concept that people create their own version of hell and are punishing themselves through an astral they've created and believe that they should be there... That makes sense.

But in order for that to make sense you are also saying there is no universal acceptance of heaven or hell, good or bad and in other words, someone that spends their time commiting child rape could be in their own version of heaven... So when a peadophile dies, he's able to spend his time raping children if that is his idea of heaven... That is the impression you're giving. If it's their favourite past time, then it's their version of heaven.

I find that concept disturbing and I also find the message of "Do what you want, good or bad you will only go to what you believe in" Unhelpful for society. If a peodophile genuinly thinks what he is doing is ok, then according to you, he wont have any regret or reason to think he is not in his version of heaven when he is raping children in the astral...

Please tell me I've misunderstood your quote and/or beliefs...

iNNERvOYAGER

Quote from: Aquarious on October 25, 2007, 21:08:55
Hi Gandalf, Sorry I think I've missed something here...

I find that concept disturbing and I also find the message of "Do what you want, good or bad you will only go to what you believe in" Unhelpful for society. If a peodophile genuinly thinks what he is doing is ok, then according to you, he wont have any regret or reason to think he is not in his version of heaven when he is raping children in the astral...

Please tell me I've misunderstood your quote and/or beliefs...
A post from last year
Morbid curiosity makes me wonder about descriptions of these situations. Like reading about Dante.

This quote from the Frank Kepple section seems to cover it. But of course, experience is the answer.

"Nobody judges us or punishes us; the reality is that we punish ourselves. If you are a serial killing cannibal and love it, after death you will gravitate to areas populated by other serial killing cannibals. This may sound great, but a few hundred years of being eaten alive by other people of the same persuasion as yourself is punishment in itself and allows you to see things from the victim's perspective. After a while, this tends to override the cannibal's joy in being able to continually indulge in his favourite activity. Eventually, the cannibal rejects this mode of thought and frees himself from it, allowing him to gravitate to something better. "