Hello again, first OBE in ages.

Previous topic - Next topic

blis

Hello all,

I used to post here ages ago. Haven't been into AP for ages. Trying to get back into it.

Made a failed attempt a couple nights ago when I went to bed. Should really have known better. Ended up awake half the night.

But success! Went for a nap this evening and woke up in sleep paralysis. Turned into a false awakening of me trying to get help cause I couldn't move right and my sight was messed up. Then I popped back into SP. Another false awakening. Three times before I figured out what was going on. Rolled out into darkness on the floor. Then went into into the living room where I got my sight.

My first thought was to try for some verification. Room was a mess. I counted 5 bottles of ketchup. Woke myself up. Knew straight away there wouldn't be 5 bottles of ketchup lol. Turns out there was one though.

Lumaza

Greetings, Welcome back and Congratulations! :-)  8-)

I read some of your previous posts here to get more familiar with you and your process.
A friend of mine, named Bedeekin, that was active here years ago, created a thread here, that's now a Sticky, with a excellent technique using the "pre nap method".
I used and found limited success with it. I say limited because it couldn't be repeated nightly. Your body gets used to it and adjusts.

The Pre Nap technique is based and centered around interrupting the regular/natural REM cycle and it does the job well. I could normally get 4 or 5 actual OBEs a month by using it.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/fantastic_obe_technique_bedeekins_method-t31819.0.html

I wish you luck and here's to many more successes!  :-)
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

blis

Thanks for the welcome.

You got me thinking. I used to have lots more spontaneous projections than successfull conscious exits. I wonder if the act of trying to rtz project kind of loosens up my astral/etheric/whatever body and makes it more likely for me to project while sleeping.

I think I might just try and target spontaneous projections for a while. 5 to 10 minutes a day of trying to project to the end of my street and see what effect it has in the night.

Lumaza

Quote from: blis on July 06, 2018, 14:38:18
Thanks for the welcome.
:-)

QuoteYou got me thinking. I used to have lots more spontaneous projections than successfull conscious exits. I wonder if the act of trying to rtz project kind of loosens up my astral/etheric/whatever body and makes it more likely for me to project while sleeping.
I guess it's possible. But I think it has more to do with "intent" and you being "ready" now to see and learn anew.

QuoteI think I might just try and target spontaneous projections for a while. 5 to 10 minutes a day of trying to project to the end of my street and see what effect it has in the night.
That is a good daily exercise and should lead to more experiences.

That reminds me of a fun technique/daily exercise that Robert Peterson called "Pretend Day". This is from his website. I had posted it in the past, in this thread here:

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/how_exactly_do_you_perform_the_phantom_wiggle_method-t44583.0.html

Robert's website is http://www.robertpeterson.org/index.html. It is a great resource and loaded with great info on this topic. He does reviews of many of the books written on the subject as well. He has written his own books that can be found there too.

"EXERCISE 4
Pretend Day

If you've read any other books on Astral Projection, you may have wondered: Why have almost all OBE techniques been an exercise of the imagination? Why are there so many visualizations? Why is pretending so important to leaving the body?

Well, first let me make myself perfectly clear: OBEs are a lot more than just pretend; they are real. Absolutely real. If you've had one, there will be no doubt in your mind. During the OBE, you are as wide-awake, alert and conscious as you are while reading this. Sometimes more so. All this pretending is just a stepping-stone to get you out of your body.

Before talking about pretending, I'd like to expose another myth. Some occult books say that children can leave their bodies easily but it's harder for most adults. They therefore conclude that as you get older, you become more cemented in your physical body. They say the older you get, the harder it is to have OBEs, because we become more focused in our body. Well, that just isn't true. People who say that are using an excuse to be lazy and not practice.

Why, then, don't adults have more OBEs? One reason is that adults don't use their imagination as much or as vividly as children. That doesn't mean we can't use our imaginations well, it just means that most people don't.

There's something magical about the imagination. Children know that intuitively. It's a matter of focus. Children use their imagination to unfocus from their daily lives. They know how to daydream and pretend. That's why children are so psychic! And we can become that psychic--that aware--if we start exercising our playful imaginations too.

This exercise isn't just for now, it's an all-day exercise. I want you to make today "Pretend Day." All day today, at every available opportunity, I want you to exercise your playful imagination. These little pretend skits don't have to be long. It's better to be short and frequent, than long and drawn out. I'll give you some examples. Go through your day doing these sorts of things:

The next time you sit down, just pretend for a few short seconds that you fall through your chair (in your astral body) and find yourself on the ground or through the floor. The next time you open a door, playfully pretend that your hand passes through the door knob instead of grabbing it. The next time you walk up a flight of stairs, playfully pretend you glide up it smoothly without walking. Pretend that your astral body glides up the stairs and patiently waits for your physical body to arrive at the top. The next time you look in a mirror, pretend you are looking at your physical body from afar. Pretend you are astral, in as many instances as you can.

Also, it's good to pretend non-OBE things today. For instance, the next time you take a drive in your car, pretend that it lifts off the ground the starts flying over the traffic. The next time you are stopped by a traffic light, pretend that you get out a gun and shoot it! "

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Lumaza

This morning I had a mini spontaneous OBE. I say this morning because I work from around 10 PM to 5 Am on my Crystal Amplifiers. I love the night.

I laid down. My shoulder was bothering me, so not only did I have a hard time clicking out to sleep, but it also woke me up, to shift my body position many times. Then it happened. I became aware of "Astral winds" and a mild vibration. I knew what was coming, so I just passively observed the signposts. I then felt my legs being lifted and the "exit" occurring, but then my beloved MJ woke up for real and began exiting the bed for the day. At that point I was really challenged with holding my focus on the current OBE exit, while still being dually aware of the extreme bed movement in the physical. I failed the challenge though, hence why called it a "mini OBE".

blis

What's a crystal amplifier? We talking electronics or crystal energy? (I'm into both)

Lumaza

Quote from: blis on July 07, 2018, 13:20:19
What's a crystal amplifier? We talking electronics or crystal energy? (I'm into both)
It's something I create myself.

I take a high grade Quartz Crystal. I then use Copper wire and make a Wire Wrap Tree Sculpture that I mount to the Crystal. While creating the tree, I am focused on various things, giving my piece "Intent". This takes many hours to do. Magick, just like Prayer, is focused will and intent. I see the new designs during my daily NP explorations.

The leaves I make are made in spirals and coils. The whole thing is based on energy and my main purpose or intent is to amplify the owner's "positive" thoughts, wishes and desires. Some of the pieces are more focused on other intents, like awareness, healing, clarity, etc.

I then sell them at various small Renaissance Faires that we vend at throughout the USA. My better half, MJ, creates beautiful Dragon sculptures that we sell there as well. You can see some of those pictures on my Photobucket page. I have been commissioned to make many personal pieces as well. Almost all my Crystal Amplifiers are already sold away and have a good home now. My Photobucket page is not a sales site. There are no prices on anything there. It's just for viewing.
http://s1306.photobucket.com/user/Lionheart78/story

The idea was shown to me initially during a Phase/soak session I had where I ended up in some kind of unique Art Gallery, that had Wire Tree Sculptures in it. When I had completed that session, I went to the local Hardware store and purchased some cheap Aluminum wire to try to recreate what I saw. It came natural to me and I am not a Artist. I was always a "Visionary", but I could never manifest my visions. MJ, did that for me.

blis

Wow, those look so much cooler than I expected before clicking on the link. You're really talented. I'd totally buy one of those if I saw it at a fair.

Lumaza

Thank You for your kind words!  :-) It's become a "labor of Love"!  :-)