HELP..... New Test???

Previous topic - Next topic

SCHMUSTIN

Hello All,

I have been having good success entering the phase the last two weeks and have look at the way I have been thinking about the whole process and wanted to get yet again some more advice.

I used to lay down and my intent was to go "out of body". Now i have change my thought to all i do is i lay down adn my intent is to simply enter "The Phase" in what ever capacity that may be at that time.

Seems to be working OK... Dose anyone see an issue with this?

Now the issue i need the most advise on as this is really hard to cover....

As I am laying there working on "mind awake, body asleep" I get about 5 - 10 min in and can start to notice that my hands are moving or my feet.
I have played guitar for many years and so I can picture my self going into my music room and picking up each guitar and examining it.

The smell, weight, texture, string placement, etc...

with in seconds of picturing this i can feel my hands and arms moving slightly. almost like that are performing half of the movements required.

The issue I am experiencing is.... Now that I am really starting to feel (move then ever before) limb / astral movements (So I think).
When I am laying there picturing an object of just trying to induce movement I find that I am constantly trying to check if it is my astral body moving or my physical body.
When I do that it wont end the experience it seem to push it back a bit and i have to play catch up... so to speak. Is this normal for it to not end the experience and just seem to set it back a bit? I thought that if I did this, the experience should end right away, from what others say?

So if there a way to just know if its your physical body or your astral body. How do I move on from here?

Feeling of movement...
- Feet turning upwards or to the sides.
- Feel floating
- Hands go from laying on the bet to on top of my legs.
- Head turns to the right or left.
- Head looks toward my toes.
- head tried to push down into my pillow.

Just a few I get. i find as soon as I feel movement now I am constantly questioning and its really really hard to keep my mind on what I was doing. I seem to always go back to check what is actually moving... and I can never tell.

Lucidityman

Hi,

Been watching your posts. I see nothing wrong with what You are doing. What You do seems normal to me. You have a nice progression going forward.

I can say that if Your mind questions wether it is the obe body or the pshyical body moving..  It's time for you to exit. Go explore.

What I tell people is that don't over think things..If you have a sence or a feeling..act on it. The worst that can happen is that You wake up in bed. The best thing thatcan happen is that You OBE. I can say I have many times questioned my mind..Should I fall of the bed? Everything in me says yes.. and each time when I just risk it all .. The mind was never wrong. 

You are fine ..normal... just chill and let things happen.  Leaving the body is about recognising sensations, response to the sensations. I personally when I leave the body I do it blind. Once my body stabilizes itself..I open my OBE eyes and usually do something crazy like jump of the balcony and twist my body on it's back and fly. Thought says You can't fly..yet You jump and You fall for about 2 seconds and then ..poof ..You float in the air effortlessly.. It can become the experience addicting.

SCHMUSTIN

Quote from: Lucidityman on October 01, 2018, 20:26:57
Hi,

Been watching your posts. I see nothing wrong with what You are doing. What You do seems normal to me. You have a nice progression going forward.

I can say that if Your mind questions wether it is the obe body or the pshyical body moving..  It's time for you to exit. Go explore.

What I tell people is that don't over think things..If you have a sence or a feeling..act on it. The worst that can happen is that You wake up in bed. The best thing thatcan happen is that You OBE. I can say I have many times questioned my mind..Should I fall of the bed? Everything in me says yes.. and each time when I just risk it all .. The mind was never wrong. 

You are fine ..normal... just chill and let things happen.  Leaving the body is about recognising sensations, response to the sensations. I personally when I leave the body I do it blind. Once my body stabilizes itself..I open my OBE eyes and usually do something crazy like jump of the balcony and twist my body on it's back and fly. Thought says You can't fly..yet You jump and You fall for about 2 seconds and then ..poof ..You float in the air effortlessly.. It can become the experience addicting.

Lucidityman,

Thank you for the positive confirmation.
I Find in the past I was excited for the process and new sensations and I had allot of fear to work thought on every new sensation and I am not naive enough to think that I have worked through it and now I'm fearless. i know its a constant for me that will need to be in check and will probably be tested on it again. If not i wodul be OK with that as well LOL.  :lol:

So..... I hear people say "JUST GET UP" or "JUST STAND UP AND GET OUT".... I have no idea how to do this with out moving my physical body.

I am assuming this is like all other sensations I had to work through, it will just take time and practice.
I am stating to think that its not something anyone can help explain how to do it its just going to take time for me to figure it out.

Not sure if that makes sense. To help explain my train of thought... I believe all things that you are learning, or want to learn have a "trick" to it and if you figure out the "trick you are well on your way. In this process I believe it is a "feeling" you get and you use to proceed forward. I feel like I am on the verge of a exit but I need to figure out the trick or feeling associated with it.

Almost like if I can consciously project and get the feeling associated with that I will be on a whole new level??  :? :?

I am just so confused just due to the fact that I don't now how to move my body without it being physical.  :-( :-(

Lucidityman,

One more thing, wondering if you will be able to confirm.

I am finding that I have gotten to a point in practice that I can lay down and within only a few minutes I can start bringing on non-physical sensations.
Is it normal to have it this quick? :?

As well... if I end up moving a arm, focusing on the physical to much or opening my eyes for a quick second. You know... Things that people say will kill the experience right away. I find these thing don't kill the experience for me, they may set it back a bit, but all it takes is a few seconds of focus to get back to where I was.

Is this normal?  :?
Am I doing something wrong?  :?
Is it all in my head?  :?
Why is the process not ending for me? :?
Is my mind playing tricks on me?  :?

Anyways... Dealing with allot of confusion and questioning I think, and have NO IDEA HOW TO MOVE FORWARD. :? :? :?

Lumaza

SCHMUSTIN, do you have "Anxiety related" issues, like ADHD or something similar?

I ask that because you seem to be putting a whole lot of pressure on a process that is all about "relaxing, releasing and letting go"!

Your answers lie in the replies from the member's here on the Astral Pulse already. From EV, "Don't get too preoccupied with any of the details and trust your intuition and go with the flow."  From Lucidityman, "just chill and let things happen".

You can't force and don't need to force what occurs naturally. All you need to do is to learn to allow and passively observe it when it does.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Lumaza

Quote from: SCHMUSTIN on October 01, 2018, 18:54:06
The issue I am experiencing is.... Now that I am really starting to feel (move then ever before) limb / astral movements (So I think).
When I am laying there picturing an object of just trying to induce movement I find that I am constantly trying to check if it is my astral body moving or my physical body.
Don't do that. By checking to see if there is movement, you are still too physically focused. Try "etherically" playing your guitar and lose yourself in the moment. The trick is to release that "physical" focus. When I use my Doorway/6 pt directional technique, I don't focus on the movement. I focus on the "action". If I experience a road, I focus on what's ahead and where it leading to, not what my body, etherically or physical is doing or experiencing. I like to keep the mindset, that I have already released my physical vessel and that now I am simply a point of consciousness. The motion based exercises are only there to aid me in getting to the 3D void. Once there I go experience and learn what I need to see or what I need to be taught. I allow the scenario to go in whatever direction it needs to, to achieve that goal.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

SCHMUSTIN

Quote from: Lumaza on October 01, 2018, 23:53:52
Don't do that. By checking to see if there is movement, you are still too physically focused. Try "etherically" playing your guitar and lose yourself in the moment. The trick is to release that "physical" focus. When I use my Doorway/6 pt directional technique, I don't focus on the movement. I focus on the "action". If I experience a road, I focus on what's ahead and where it leading to, not what my body, etherically or physical is doing or experiencing. I like to keep the mindset, that I have already released my physical vessel and that now I am simply a point of consciousness. The motion based exercises are only there to aid me in getting to the 3D void. Once there I go experience and learn what I need to see or what I need to be taught. I allow the scenario to go in whatever direction it needs to, to achieve that goal.

Lumaza,

I think when you stated ""I don't focus on the movement. I focus on the "action"" I think A light bulb went off!!
I am focusing on the movements more so than the action, I thought the whole process was revolving around the movement!!

I have a new approach to take tonight when I lay down... Thank you i will let you know what happens!

Quote from: Lumaza on October 01, 2018, 23:24:31
SCHMUSTIN, do you have "Anxiety related" issues, like ADHD or something similar?

I ask that because you seem to be putting a whole lot of pressure on a process that is all about "relaxing, releasing and letting go"!

Your answers lie in the replies from the member's here on the Astral Pulse already. From EV, "Don't get too preoccupied with any of the details and trust your intuition and go with the flow."  From Lucidityman, "just chill and let things happen".

You can't force and don't need to force what occurs naturally. All you need to do is to learn to allow and passively observe it when it does.

Lumaza,

Good question... honestly I don't know. I know that when i was younger our family doctor wanted to put me on something as i was over active in school. Luckly my parents are (for the most part) against pharmaceuticals. so i was never on what ever they wanted me to take. Thank you Mom and Dad!!!

Nameless

Seems to me you are on a perfectly winning track. Trust yourself. You state above you are always checking to see whether it is your astral or physical body moving. Does it matter? I have found it doesn't matter if my physical body moves or not. I have sat up on the side of the bed many times and maintained both a physical and non-physical connection. So, if you feel like moving, then move. You may find that movement was purely physical and you may or may not lose your phase. BUT you might be surprised to learn that it was and is your astral or etheric body moving.

We talk a lot about intent here but the other side of intent is action. Believing you can eventually project is one thing, stepping out on faith is another. Like what Lucidtyman said about jumping off the balcony and flying. For you it is simply moving a limb. Go ahead and move it - that's action. If you are out and you likely are you'll just continue your experience. Don't question it, as Lumaza has been known to say more than once. You can do that later.

There have been a number of times if you had asked me """during""" and exp I would have said I was physical bc I thought I was. Wouldn't be till later I'd realize that wasn't right. I thought I was lying on my side listening to music. Turns out I was flat on my back and the player wasn't even turned on.

And remember no matter what any of us say each experience is different and individual. So it is most important you follow your own gut feelings at the time.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Lumaza

Quote from: SCHMUSTIN on October 02, 2018, 00:52:46
Lumaza,

I think when you stated ""I don't focus on the movement. I focus on the "action"" I think A light bulb went off!!
I am focusing on the movements more so than the action, I thought the whole process was revolving around the movement!!

I have a new approach to take tonight when I lay down... Thank you i will let you know what happens!
Good luck!  :-)

QuoteLumaza,

Good question... honestly I don't know. I know that when i was younger our family doctor wanted to put me on something as i was over active in school. Luckly my parents are (for the most part) against pharmaceuticals. so i was never on what ever they wanted me to take. Thank you Mom and Dad!!!
The reason that I asked that question is because in the last 6 years since I have been here on this Forum, I have seen a number of new members with anxiety issues that have for some reason been drawn to this practice. Unfortunately for them, it's a "catch 22". Perhaps that's why they were drawn to it in the first place, so they can learn how to learn patience and relax. Unfortunately many of them gave up. It was too much to endure.

SCHMUSTIN

Quote from: Lumaza on October 02, 2018, 07:43:59
Good luck!  :-)
The reason that I asked that question is because in the last 6 years since I have been here on this Forum, I have seen a number of new members with anxiety issues that have for some reason been drawn to this practice. Unfortunately for them, it's a "catch 22". Perhaps that's why they were drawn to it in the first place, so they can learn how to learn patience and relax. Unfortunately many of them gave up. It was too much to endure.

Lumaza,

Worked on AP'ing last night as I was laying down for the night.

I noticed that last night it was really really hard to keep my thoughts in check. It seemed like my mind was constantly wandering and i could not keep it concentrated on one thing for more than 3 to 4 seconds.

Try again later I suppose.

Lumaza

Quote from: SCHMUSTIN on October 02, 2018, 18:27:03
I noticed that last night it was really really hard to keep my thoughts in check. It seemed like my mind was constantly wandering and i could not keep it concentrated on one thing for more than 3 to 4 seconds.
Don't fret. The average Human "nowadays" can only hold their focus on a single thing for 3-4 seconds. A Goldfish has better focus/attention span than we do.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/03/12/humans-have-shorter-attention-span-than-goldfish-thanks-to-smart/

Fear not though, "Meditation" and this practice in general, will strengthen and lengthen your ability to "hold" your focus on one thing.

Windwalker.

Are you trying the techniques listed upon waking? Your body is already relaxed and coming out of sleep vs. going into sleep. I highly advise you use your technique whenever you awaken during the night or morning.

DancingBear

I've personally got pretty significant anxiety I've been working through for awhile myself. Oddly enough once i started getting much more serious about spiritual and emotional growth is when my SP and AP started to "randomly" flare up. It certainly seems like it was brought to me as a supplement to the other work I'm doing.

I think it is certainly doable to progress down this path with emotional trauma if you indeed have it, but it probably takes a certain kind of individual. I've always learned better in more extreme circumstances for some reason, and what could be more extreme than to test your progress with fear or anxiety by facing your worst nightmares come to life?

SCHMUSTIN

Quote from: Windwalker. on October 03, 2018, 07:06:42
Are you trying the techniques listed upon waking? Your body is already relaxed and coming out of sleep vs. going into sleep. I highly advise you use your technique whenever you awaken during the night or morning.

Sorry... Not 100% sure what you are asking.

I usually use the Direct Method, For some reason at this point I get good results (sensations) almost 100% of the time. Not full separation (So I think).

When I have used the "WBTB Method" and the "Indirect Method" I find very little success. But I have only been using them on weekend once or twice a week. But the majority is the Direct Method before bed during the week.

Windwalker.

Quote from: SCHMUSTIN on October 03, 2018, 18:09:07
Sorry... Not 100% sure what you are asking.

I usually use the Direct Method, For some reason at this point I get good results (sensations) almost 100% of the time. Not full separation (So I think).

When I have used the "WBTB Method" and the "Indirect Method" I find very little success. But I have only been using them on weekend once or twice a week. But the majority is the Direct Method before bed during the week.

Do you wake up during the night? Every time you wake up at night or even if only in the morning when you first wake up, as soon as you can remember, completely relax as if you were going back to sleep with the single thought in your mind "relax to have an obe." That single thought will keep you from actually falling back asleep. Do this every single time you wake up during the night and/or in the morning. Engrain it in your mind to do so every single time until it becomes second nature. It wont be long til you experience energy sensations or np voices, sounds etc. The key being "totally relax upon first waking" and engraining in your mind" to do so every single time you first awake. Diligence is a must. Good luck. You are on your way!